Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W (13508 Views)

Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! / Unboxing The Gionee F103pro (pictures) / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Youngpo413: 8:52am On May 12, 2016
MizMyColi:

In my life, I hate wanton pride.
I hate it when people talk others down because they feel they are better or own more posher things.

Was Samsung built in a day?
Was Apple and co built in a day?

Was Qualcomm and Nivda abi Tegra built in a day?

The reality is that the Mediatek which most of you love to hate is here to stay.
It has empowered many people and while most of you won't agree, they are getting better at what they do even though they remain a fabless company.

They complain of overheating....
I don't experience that on W4.
They say Mediatek uses a third party supplier (mali) for its graphics needs...the screen resolution of this my Tecno W4 is a beauty to behold for 23 thousand naira.

Now the truth of the matter is that Snapdragon chipsets remains light years ahead the likes of Intel Atom and Mediatek.

But that notwithstanding, Mediatek is making giant strides too. Lots of Nigerians who would never have experienced what marshmallow or an HD IPS touchscreen is can now do so for 23k.
It's something worth celebrating.

If I don't use this phone...
I would never, ever be this bold about it. If the phone does not serve me well, my conscience will not allow me speak in it's favour.

Have I noticed some flaws?
Yes.
Number 1 is my VLC player.
My LG G3 vigor can run subtitles on VLC, but not my Tecno W4. This is a major ish for me, because I dig movies a lot.

But then, I'm not bothered because, after all is said and done, the phone still gives me more value for less.

Btw, sorry about my belligerent disposition earlier. I'm just fed up of people who hate on this device when they've not even seen its pouch, talkleSs of the phone, inugo?wink
one of the reasons I will respect you more, have a nice day.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by AnnabelR0se(f): 9:04am On May 12, 2016
MizMyColi:

In my life, I hate wanton pride.
I hate it when people talk others down because they feel they are better or own more posher things.

Was Samsung built in a day?
Was Apple and co built in a day?

Was Qualcomm and Nivda abi Tegra built in a day?

The reality is that the Mediatek which most of you love to hate is here to stay.
It has empowered many people and while most of you won't agree, they are getting better at what they do even though they remain a fabless company.

They complain of overheating....
I don't experience that on W4.
They say Mediatek uses a third party supplier (mali) for its graphics needs...the screen resolution of this my Tecno W4 is a beauty to behold for 23 thousand naira.

Now the truth of the matter is that Snapdragon chipsets remains light years ahead the likes of Intel Atom and Mediatek.

But that notwithstanding, Mediatek is making giant strides too. Lots of Nigerians who would never have experienced what marshmallow or an HD IPS touchscreen is can now do so for 23k.
It's something worth celebrating.

If I don't use this phone...
I would never, ever be this bold about it. If the phone does not serve me well, my conscience will not allow me speak in it's favour.

Have I noticed some flaws?
Yes.
Number 1 is my VLC player.
My LG G3 vigor can run subtitles on VLC, but not my Tecno W4. This is a major ish for me, because I dig movies a lot.

But then, I'm not bothered because, after all is said and done, the phone still gives me more value for less.

Btw, sorry about my belligerent disposition earlier. I'm just fed up of people who hate on this device when they've not even seen its pouch, talkleSs of the phone, inugo?wink
You have impressed me with your take on this thread , it's good to learn , it's good to embrace change . If am looking for a graduate to hire i will definitely hire you. Great analysis dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by AnnabelR0se(f): 9:08am On May 12, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
Another yeye tecno clown. Your post is filled with lies and unnecessary hype of the y4. I wonder why tecno advocates cant take a chill pill and let their phones speak for itself. You dont have to hype this poo of a y4 compared to the gionee.
What happened to putting out honest reviews?. Review the y4 on its own and stop comparing it to other phones. Just recently, another tecno clown was comparing boom j8 to iphone 6s...na wa oh

I tire for una.

How many people have u seen complaining about their gionee p5w ba3? This whole trash u typed invariably shows u havent handled the gionnee p5w before.

Learn correct marketing and quit this rubbbish attempt u call review.

Best calculator..biom j8, best mobile browser boom j8, best screen boom j8..lols. Yeye people.
LOl you are supposed to be a graduate i guess ? you don't even know the difference between Y4 and W4 . Where do you see Y4 here?
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Maximum83: 9:13am On May 12, 2016
MizMyColi:

Azzin Eh.
If you are not aware of reality, some people can help you distort it.

I checked out the so called Gionee P5w on GSM Arena.
Very poor user opinions. Very very poor.

And here I was thinking that for your brand to be featured on GSM Arena, then it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I for one appreciate Gionee.
But as far as this W4 from Tecno is concerned...
All I can say to Gionee and Infinix warlords is, if you live in a glass house, do not throw stones.
Not on GSM arena only check the thread of P5W on nairaland people just dey regret , poor battery life takes longer time to charge and drains within 3hrs
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by MizMyColi(f): 9:34am On May 12, 2016
Maximum83:
Not on GSM arena only check the thread of P5W on nairaland people just dey regret , poor battery life takes longer time to charge and drains within 3hrs

Oops.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by MizMyColi(f): 9:35am On May 12, 2016
smiley
AnnabelR0se:
You have impressed me with your take on this thread , it's good to learn , it's good to embrace change . If am looking for a graduate to hire i will definitely hire you. Great analysis dear
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by MizMyColi(f): 9:36am On May 12, 2016
Youngpo413:
one of the reasons I will respect you more, have a nice day.

smiley
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by MizMyColi(f): 9:37am On May 12, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Aha! I've always suspected you still have it in you. grin I'm just sad that I never got to... You know, before you tied the knot. cry sad

Lol
But what took you so long na.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by JoeBlocks(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2016
MizMyColi:

Lol
But what took you so long na.
Would have answered or taken me serious, even though I sent you endless pms, which you joyously never replied.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Marvell23(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2016
Not much difference between the two phones though the W4 seems better
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 12, 2016
AnnabelR0se:
What do you mean by foreign news ? Tecno is a brand sold in Africa .So news from Ghana , kenya is not foreign
PLS HOW LONG DOES THE BATTERY LAST?
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by LongJohnS: 12:08am On May 13, 2016
Best calculator..biom j8, best mobile browser boom j8, best screen boom j8..lols. Yeye people.
Lollzz and here we go again. Ive warned all these half baked tecno marketers to desist from lying and unnecessary foolish reviews but they keep on making the same mistake over and over again. Pls go and learn good strategies from other phone manufacturers who make millions daily and still know how to meet their custormers demands
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Reeberry: 12:36am On May 13, 2016
Maximum83:
Even worst speaker. Very bad sound.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2016
AnnabelR0se:
LOl you are supposed to be a graduate i guess ? you don't even know the difference between Y4 and W4 . Where do you see Y4 here?
. Watever...am waiting for u to tell us ur tecno poo of a w4 abi j8 is better than iphone.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Cliveglobal1(m): 11:23am On May 13, 2016
Boyembo:
tecno marketer....u don abandon ur boom j8 thread.....if tecno na beta fone...it should have foreign reviews....naija...tecnos dustbin

Your don't have any Point. Do Phones have to have Foreign review before your Test their Quality. Tecno Phones are mostly sold in Africa and later around the world, It's a Gradual process.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Cliveglobal1(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2016
Boyembo:
tecno marketer....u don abandon ur boom j8 thread.....if tecno na beta fone...it should have foreign reviews....naija...tecnos dustbin

Your don't have any Point. Do Phones have to have Foreign review before your Test their Quality. Tecno Phones are mostly sold in Africa and later around the world, It's a Gradual process
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by winnijaf(f): 11:48am On May 13, 2016
The Difference between both phones aren't so Far apart, But it's interesting to note that the Tecno W4 runs on the Android 6.0 as Against the 5.0 of the Gionee
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 13, 2016
You shouldve posted pics of the Gionee. Dont give us a comparison & show us only one competitor. Funny hw the 22k W4 runs 6.0 out the box but the 41k J8 runs 5.0 out the box. Explanation Tecno?
Anyway that p5w 2k mah is too low especially in this time of light issues, & as for the W4 I hear the battery is fine on MODERATE usage (not targeted at gamers & such I guess)
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by gingerman876: 4:44pm On May 14, 2016
The phone is very ok compared to the Gionee oooooo, its so obvious. w4 beta phone kiss
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Marvell23(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2016
BaconSandwich:
You shouldve posted pics of the Gionee. Dont give us a comparison & show us only one competitor. Funny hw the 22k W4 runs 6.0 out the box but the 41k J8 runs 5.0 out the box. Explanation Tecno?
Anyway that p5w 2k mah is too low especially in this time of light issues, & as for the W4 I hear the battery is fine on MODERATE usage (not targeted at gamers & such I guess)
Yes you are right.. The pictures of the two phones should have been included in the write up
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Dam5reey(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2016
Maximum83:

Please use the phone before you follow people's comment

If you read comments especially on GSMarena about the so called high end phone you will not buy any phone.....

I have used P5W... It charges fast....
But the screen display is not compared to W4, C8, L8 or J8..
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Dam5reey(m): 8:56pm On May 14, 2016
BaconSandwich:

That is the Biased part of reviews comparing pictures from 1 phone only... People they do review sha.. shocked
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Dam5reey(m): 9:00pm On May 14, 2016
Reeberry:
Even worst speaker. Very bad sound.

Do you mean P5W has a bad sound...??
Do a video comparison between both phone so we can hear P5w and W4...
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Dam5reey(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2016
winnijaf:
The Difference between both phones aren't so Far apart, But it's interesting to note that the Tecno W4 runs on the Android 6.0 as Against the 5.0 of the Gionee

Even Females are now doing better reviews
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Tonymic4life(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2016
BluePearls:
OP are you that picture sample is coming from a Tecno W4? It looks too nice to be coming frm a budget phone.

I take that back. grin
who was ur english teacher in school.? undecided
BluePearls:
OP are you that picture sample is coming from a Tecno W4? It looks too nice to be coming frm a budget phone.

I take that back. grin
who was ur english teacher in school?
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by oginineme(f): 11:28pm On May 14, 2016
Yeah, if you cant afford a phantom you can go for a boom j8, if you cant afford that go for a W4. Tecno made it easier for Nigerians to afford quality phones without breaking the bank for it.
saxby:
Good comparison.

Just as all fingers aren't equal so are our pockets.

I think the w4 helps a lot in giving some people chance.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by oginineme(f): 11:30pm On May 14, 2016
Lol.. grin why?? Just why?? Lol
Tonymic4life:

who was ur english teacher in school.? undecided
who was ur english teacher in school?
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by oginineme(f): 11:33pm On May 14, 2016
What a man can do....
Dam5reey:

Even Females are now doing better reviews
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Reeberry: 11:49pm On May 14, 2016
Dam5reey:

Do you mean P5W has a bad sound...?? Do a video comparison between both phone so we can hear P5w and W4...
The sound quality is worse, you can do research on it.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by mrprezident007(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2016
A phone is a low budget phone running on Android 6.0 and you still want the camera to be like a C8? Fear God nah.
Reeberry:

That camera isn't sharp at all. Too dull.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by mrprezident007(m): 11:57pm On May 14, 2016
@OP has done creditably well, if you think you have something better kindly do yours and we will read/watch.
Reeberry:

The sound quality is worse, you can do research on it.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by mrprezident007(m): 11:58pm On May 14, 2016
Fair enough.
Marvell23:
Yes you are right.. The pictures of the two phones should have been included in the write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. / Download Startimes App – Watch Over 100+ Free Channels With Startimes Mobile App / How Much Data Did You Use On Your Phone In May 2017?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.