Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. (13521 Views)

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / How To Get Free Data (unlimited Data) In Your Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Techvenge: 7:18am On Nov 21, 2018
1) The well-known scientist Nikola Tesla predicted the modern smartphone in 1926. He also predicted globalized wireless communication eight decades before it came to fruition.

2) You can actually charge your smartphones with your urine.

3) An engineer of Motorola, Martin Cooper made the first mobile cell on April 31973, from the streets of New York.

4) In Britain only, more than 100,000 mobile phones are dropped into the toilet yearly.

5) The current smartphone you are probably using to view this has more computing power than all the computers used in the Apollo 11 mission. In case you don't know, Apollo 11 was the mission the sent the first man (Neil Armstrong) to the moon.

6) The very first device to market as a smartphone was the Sony R830 developed by Ericsson in the year 2000.

7) Do you download apps on a regular basis? If yes, then you are excluded from the 65% of smartphone users who download zero apps per month.

coolIf you are an Android fanboy then you need to read this, most smartphones malware are targetted at Android-based phones. A whopping 99% of malware attacks to be more specific.

9) In a survey conducted by pewinternet.org in 2015, it was discovered that 47% of millennials agreed to use their smartphones with the sole intention of avoiding people around them.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-7i5jy_touno/W_K9y6sELnI/AAAAAAAAHbM/s99jz0-_88MrAF4ICehJVtatOpCMj2KOgCLcBGAs/s640/smartphones-facts.jpg[/img]

10) What is your highest phone bill for a month ever? You have definitely got a long way to beat Celina Aarons. Celina Aarons, a Florida based woman, was billed $201,000 in a single month in 2011.

11) No doubt, you must have at a time of your life read about the scary stories on how your phone waves damage your brain cells. Well, there is a name for such fear, it is Frigensophobia.

12) Still speaking of phone phobia, an article from psychology today revealed that 47% of women and 58% of men suffer from Nomophobia. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your smartphone. How wonderful

13) Almost 20% of Americans admit to using smartphones during sex.

14) The IP code rating system that helps to determine a phone's waterproof level has been around for decades before smartphones. It was used by electricians to understand the resistance of water or ice penetration in any situation.

15) Remember China's Apple due to resemblance to Apple products in design, elegance and minimalism? Yes, Xiaomi. The name Xiaomi means Millet and Rice, a reference to Buddhist concept, which means Xiaomi wants to start from little before heading for the top. That's is actually a good life advice though.

16) Still, on Xiaomi matters, the company sold 15,000 Mi3 in TWO seconds. Yes, two seconds. We don't know why but we attribute that to the fact that the Mi3 was considered the fastest smartphone in the world then.

17) Bluetooth, the ancient file transfer king, got its name from the wrong translation of 10th century Norwegian King- Harald Blatand- His name was wrongly translated into English as Harald Bluetooth. Funny enough, the Bluetooth logo combines the Hagall and Berkana runes which stand for King Harald's initials.

18) In the year 2000, Finland started an annual international sport which involves participants throwing mobile phones and are judged on distance covered. The current record stands at 97 meters for men and 40 meters for women.

19) Samsung actually makes more money from its arch-rival Apple than it makes from its mobile phones.

20) The average user unlocks their smartphone 110 times every day.

https://www.techvenge.net/2018/11/mind-blowing-smartphone-facts.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by jom28gy(m): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2018
you're talking a different thing from what you posted

11 Likes

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2018
ok

make some more money while you work 8hours a day

read my siggy for details
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by ElRapido: 7:30am On Nov 21, 2018
jom28gy:
you're talking a different thing from what you posted

? You never chop this morning?

4 Likes

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by efembaba(m): 10:57am On Nov 21, 2018
Can u tell us d future of smart phones? Tnks for d article. It was informative
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Techvenge: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2018
efembaba:
Can u tell us d future of smart phones? Tnks for d article. It was informative

Future of smartphones? Well, for all know is foldable smartphones are now a reality. China is already planning to launch 6G by 2030 even though no one can 5G smartphones for now. I will update as soon as I get more. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by zeanslim(m): 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Wow, nice facts check out some popular tech myths and misconceptions

Common Most Believed Technology Myths And Misconceptions

You will be surprised by the popular myths and common misconceptions surrounding the use of technological gadgets which is still largely believed by a large number of people.

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by sureinfo: 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
amazing facts, this just made me love my tecno device the more.
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by xcelentattitude(m): 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
How does this move Nigeria forward
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Olodo24: 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
I should start pissing on my phone to charge it?

a BIG *HMMMMMMMMMMMMM*
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by ElRapido: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
sureinfo:
amazing facts, this just made me love my tecno device the more.

Where was tecno mentioned in the post
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Lucifer66(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
ElRapido:

Where was tecno mentioned in the post
Isn't tecno a smart phone?
Illiterates all over NL.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by ElRapido: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2018
Lucifer66:
Isn't tecno a smart phone? Illiterates all over NL.
So for your mind now, tecno na phone? You better hustle go buy better phone.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by dessz(m): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2018
Lucifer66:

Isn't tecno a smart phone?
Illiterates all over NL.
tecno is a kid smartphone it's garbage...
Talk xiaomi, one plus, oppo, vivo, umidigi, leeco, oukitel, leagoo, ulefone then I will know u r talking phones angry

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Ruhamah23(m): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2018
Well
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Nlolodo: 8:00am On Nov 22, 2018
Ok
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Offpoint: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2018
Thanks op, but I ain't pissing on my damn phone.

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Myketuale(m): 8:33am On Nov 22, 2018
women suffers from Nomophobia than men oo. women always like to be wif their phone all d time.
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by godwinstringed1(m): 8:43am On Nov 22, 2018
If we no make money wetin we gain....

Announcement!
Are you into any business? See these 5 amazing ways to make even Stingy customers want to pay you more for any service!

https://www.ideaflavour.com/how-deal-difficult-customers/
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Lucifer66(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2018
dessz:
Talk xiaomi, one plus, oppo, vivo, umidigi, leeco, oukitel, leagoo, ulefone then I will know u r talking phones angry
Are you serious?
Leagoo, outkitel?
Disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Biguyman: 9:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Lucifer66:

Are you serious?
Leagoo, outkitel?
Disgusting.
Shut up you know nothing about phones.

Tecno cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Lucifer66(m): 9:16am On Nov 22, 2018
Biguyman:

Shut up you know nothing about phones.

Tecno cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
You're the dullard who doesn't know what a smart phone is.
Mentioning disgusting devices like leggao.
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Biguyman: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2018
Lucifer66:

You're the dullard who doesn't know what a smart phone is.
Mentioning disgusting devices like leggao.
Na lack of funds dey make person settle for tecno, infinix, gionee and other chinko phones grin cheesy

Once been there grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Lucifer66(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2018
Biguyman:

Na lack of funds dey make person settle for tecno, infinix, gionee and other chinko phones grin cheesy

Once been there grin grin cheesy
Unless you're using a Samsung, Hauwi, one plus. Don't talk lipsrsealed
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Joedoyle(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2018
Bros, when your talking of phone please don't involve Tecno in the midst of the old mama's collection. These old mama are they brands of Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Motorolla, Sony Ericsson, etc, for this few names of brand are too good to be overcome. Lets talk of Nokia. When other phones invested in the Andoid it invested in Microsoft which was later bought but now it is of the Android operating system group of which the market can't hesitate to welcome the big old mama into the game.
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Richie0974: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2018
Tesla was a genius who could have done so much for the human race but the world powers wouldn't let it be.

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by xyzhill(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2018
dessz:
Man I just felt fly cuz of u.... I am using the oukitel c8. But my friends don't want to accept that mine is beta than their techno n infinix. Most probably becuz my phone is cheaper

1 Like

Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Mickdiamond(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2018
Nice write up. I enjoyed reading through
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Biguyman: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2018
Lucifer66:

Unless you're using a Samsung, Hauwi, one plus. Don't talk lipsrsealed
I'm using Samsung A9 pro, was using Leagoo and i can tell you its 100% way better than tecno, infinix and gionee join together.
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by IamGoke(m): 11:35am On Nov 22, 2018
Techvenge:
1) The well-known scientist Nikola Tesla predicted the modern smartphone in 1926. He also predicted globalized wireless communication eight decades before it came to fruition.

2) You can actually charge your smartphones with your urine.

3) An engineer of Motorola, Martin Cooper made the first mobile cell on April 31973, from the streets of New York.

4) In Britain only, more than 100,000 mobile phones are dropped into the toilet yearly.

5) The current smartphone you are probably using to view this has more computing power than all the computers used in the Apollo 11 mission. In case you don't know, Apollo 11 was the mission the sent the first man (Neil Armstrong) to the moon.

6) The very first device to market as a smartphone was the Sony R830 developed by Ericsson in the year 2000.

7) Do you download apps on a regular basis? If yes, then you are excluded from the 65% of smartphone users who download zero apps per month.

coolIf you are an Android fanboy then you need to read this, most smartphones malware are targetted at Android-based phones. A whopping 99% of malware attacks to be more specific.

9) In a survey conducted by pewinternet.org in 2015, it was discovered that 47% of millennials agreed to use their smartphones with the sole intention of avoiding people around them.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-7i5jy_touno/W_K9y6sELnI/AAAAAAAAHbM/s99jz0-_88MrAF4ICehJVtatOpCMj2KOgCLcBGAs/s640/smartphones-facts.jpg[/img]

10) What is your highest phone bill for a month ever? You have definitely got a long way to beat Celina Aarons. Celina Aarons, a Florida based woman, was billed $201,000 in a single month in 2011.

11) No doubt, you must have at a time of your life read about the scary stories on how your phone waves damage your brain cells. Well, there is a name for such fear, it is Frigensophobia.

12) Still speaking of phone phobia, an article from psychology today revealed that 47% of women and 58% of men suffer from Nomophobia. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your smartphone. How wonderful

13) Almost 20% of Americans admit to using smartphones during sex.

14) The IP code rating system that helps to determine a phone's waterproof level has been around for decades before smartphones. It was used by electricians to understand the resistance of water or ice penetration in any situation.

15) Remember China's Apple due to resemblance to Apple products in design, elegance and minimalism? Yes, Xiaomi. The name Xiaomi means Millet and Rice, a reference to Buddhist concept, which means Xiaomi wants to start from little before heading for the top. That's is actually a good life advice though.

16) Still, on Xiaomi matters, the company sold 15,000 Mi3 in TWO seconds. Yes, two seconds. We don't know why but we attribute that to the fact that the Mi3 was considered the fastest smartphone in the world then.

17) Bluetooth, the ancient file transfer king, got its name from the wrong translation of 10th century Norwegian King- Harald Blatand- His name was wrongly translated into English as Harald Bluetooth. Funny enough, the Bluetooth logo combines the Hagall and Berkana runes which stand for King Harald's initials.

18) In the year 2000, Finland started an annual international sport which involves participants throwing mobile phones and are judged on distance covered. The current record stands at 97 meters for men and 40 meters for women.

19) Samsung actually makes more money from its arch-rival Apple than it makes from its mobile phones.

20) The average user unlocks their smartphone 110 times every day.

https://www.techvenge.net/2018/11/mind-blowing-smartphone-facts.html

That no 19 really got me.
Re: 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. by Ayobami7(m): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Spark Plus K9 Vs Camon Cx Air Guys Pls Get In Here And Say Your Own View / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Uc Cloud Will Be Suspended Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.