Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG (35295 Views)

No More School Fees: FG Declares Tuition Free At All Federal Universities / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by RexEmmyGee: 3:30pm On May 11, 2016
The Federal Government will harmonise
tuition fees in all federal universities to
stop arbitrary charge of fees by some
university authorities. The Minister of
Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, made
this known in Abuja on Tuesday. “Since the
protests started, we have summoned the
authorities of the universities and sat
down with them and we are going to
harmonise everything. “Because, I think it
is N45,000 that is the maximum that
should be charged. I know in some places,
there has been other arrangement. “But the
ministry would harmonise everything and I
believe there will be no more protests over
fees. Universities of Lagos, Ibadan and
Port Harcourt were recently shut down
following students’ protests over increase
in fees, lack of water and power supply on
the campuses. Adamu said that the
Federal Government was discussing with
management of the affected universities,
adding that efforts were also ongoing to
introduce harmonised fees for all federal
universities. Adamu, who decried the
excessive fees charged by private tertiary
institutions in the country, explained that
the government does not have the power
to regulate fees in that sector. “First, I will
agree with you that they charge exorbitant
fees. But I wish I had the power to do
something about it. If I had the power I
would stop them. “But I think the thing is
being treated like a market where you buy
what you can afford. But I do believe the
government should intervene. On the
industrial peace that has prevailed in the
education sector since the inception of the
Buhari administration, Adamu attributed it
to partnership with the unions. He stressed
that the government would strengthen
partnership with all the unions in the
sector to sustain the existing industrial
harmony. “ASUU and the other unions are
very patriotic people who are concerned
about the state of education in Nigeria.
And most of what they do is motivated by
this belief. “So, as far as I am concerned,
they have got fellow travellers in this
administration. “I believe the president and
his ministers are really passionate about
education. And they would want to do
everything to make education succeed. “
ASUU and the administration are going in
the same line. So, we would not have a
ground to disagree. “We are not waiting for
unions to strike before we go to them. So,
we are already making the approach to all
the unions. So, I think there would be no
strikes. The minister pledged government’s
commitment to release N200 billion
annually for the implementation of the
NEEDS Assessment Report, to enhance the
quality and standard of tertiary education.
He added that fate of tertiary education
depended on the full implementation of the
NEEDS Assessment Report, which
according to him, “this government is
committed to deliver’’.

http://www.punchng.com/fg-harmonise-university-fees/

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Kingsasian(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2016
Ok
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by successtar(m): 4:00pm On May 11, 2016
we hope so

Anyway get more info @ http://myexampoint.com
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Fynestboi: 4:28pm On May 11, 2016
Jokes

Everywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by emekakelvin(m): 5:03pm On May 11, 2016
Reads news, hisses and shake my head at the rate of greed and bad planning observed in the level of policy to be implemented.

You want an homogenous fee at #45000 while FGN cant increase her employees salary to #56000. Say na from #18000 dem wan pay their ward school fee.

angry

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by DIKEnaWAR: 7:13pm On May 11, 2016
Stupid country and leaders! #45,000 school fees on what minimum wage? Later they'd say they want to fight corruption.

Prices of things are rising and money is not in circulation. Why won't the people be corrupt? What happens to some universities that don't pay up to #45,000?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by yungryce: 8:48pm On May 11, 2016
not bad. but d issue is how implementavle is dis. saying things wont make them just come to pass

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by limolalikamaila: 8:54pm On May 11, 2016
op give us d sauce, give us d maggi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by yemmynoni: 9:11pm On May 11, 2016
Baba is working

Wailers are wailing

Ka sha ma Dupe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
Ok.. What's this government's p with ''45'' sef ?? Dollar is 345, petrol is 145, school fees 45, Tomato half-small paint bucket 450 !!!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by goddyben(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2016
change de force on us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Jesuschristt: 9:58pm On May 11, 2016
And then?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:01pm On May 11, 2016
RexEmmyGee:
The Federal Government will harmonise tuition fees in all federal universities to stop arbitrary charge of fees by some university authorities. The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, made this known in Abuja on Tuesday. “Since the protests started, we have summoned the authorities of the universities and sat down with them and we are going to harmonise everything. “Because, I think it is N45,000 that is the maximum that should be charged. I know in some places, there has been other arrangement. “But the ministry would harmonise everything and I believe there will be no more protests over fees. Universities of Lagos, Ibadan and Port Harcourt were recently shut down following students’ protests over increase in fees, lack of water and power supply on the campuses. Adamu said that the Federal Government was discussing with management of the affected universities, adding that efforts were also ongoing to introduce harmonised fees for all federal universities. Adamu, who decried the excessive fees charged by private tertiary institutions in the country, explained that the government does not have the power to regulate fees in that sector. “First, I will agree with you that they charge exorbitant fees. But I wish I had the power to do something about it. If I had the power I would stop them. “But I think the thing is being treated like a market where you buy what you can afford. But I do believe the government should intervene. On the industrial peace that has prevailed in the education sector since the inception of the Buhari administration, Adamu attributed it to partnership with the unions. He stressed that the government would strengthen partnership with all the unions in the sector to sustain the existing industrial harmony. “ASUU and the other unions are very patriotic people who are concerned about the state of education in Nigeria. And most of what they do is motivated by this belief. “So, as far as I am concerned, they have got fellow travellers in this administration. “I believe the president and his ministers are really passionate about education. And they would want to do everything to make education succeed. “ ASUU and the administration are going in the same line. So, we would not have a ground to disagree. “We are not waiting for unions to strike before we go to them. So, we are already making the approach to all the unions. So, I think there would be no strikes. The minister pledged government’s commitment to release N200 billion annually for the implementation of the NEEDS Assessment Report, to enhance the quality and standard of tertiary education. He added that fate of tertiary education depended on the full implementation of the NEEDS Assessment Report, which according to him, “this government is committed to deliver’’.

Source?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by mrhansome12(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
Stupid country and leaders! #45,000 school fees on what minimum wage? Later they'd say they want to fight corruption.

Prices of things are rising and money is not in circulation. Why won't the people be corrupt? What happens to some universities that don't pay up to #45,000?
welcome to the change brother we have been seriously scammed

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 11, 2016
good move
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Heeyhun(f): 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
45k will conveniently pay my school fees for two sessions...I don't see harmonizing, I see hiking the fees

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
dix govt better stp it foolishness at d level it is right now and not increase it further

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by malton: 12:08am On May 12, 2016
shocked

Harmonising the fee will only exacerbate the already bad situation. It will make many worse off than they were before.

Lots of federal unis still charge below 20,000.

Just give them a ceiling.

God bless my good ABU, I paid approx. 17k as fees from start to finish. I think that's how much they still charge to this day in the faculty of social sciences.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 2:54am On May 12, 2016
Waiting for confirmation
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by sparkleRed(f): 5:12am On May 12, 2016
They should follow uniben fees price ooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by sparkleRed(f): 5:12am On May 12, 2016
They should follow uniben fees price ooooo, basically d cheapest
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Whizzcute(m): 5:30am On May 12, 2016
45 gini?...
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by timilehing(m): 6:38am On May 12, 2016
Lies....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by englishmart(m): 6:38am On May 12, 2016
imsu and unn will now respect themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by eleojo23: 6:39am On May 12, 2016
Rapsowdee01:
Ok.. What's this government's p with ''45'' sef ?? Dollar is 345, petrol is 145, school fees 45, Tomato half-small paint bucket 450 !!!
Even British pound na around 450 !

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 6:39am On May 12, 2016
Great
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by olafunny(m): 6:40am On May 12, 2016
Good news or bad? Confused sef
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by ITbomb(m): 6:41am On May 12, 2016
Another thinking with the asz policy from APC.
So Illorin that provides laptop will be paying same fees with Maiduguri.

Even within the school, the fees are not the same for all courses, so who is talking about harmonization

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by adorablelove: 6:42am On May 12, 2016
. What's this government's p with ''45'' sef ?? Dollar is 345, petrol is 145, school fees 45, Tomato half-small paint bucket 450 !!!!!!!! Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIBEN Approves Dress Code For Faculty Of Management Sciences Student / 19 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Schooled At MOUAU (Umudike) / Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.