Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:22 AM

The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (63781 Views)

See The African Civet My Dad Bought Today / See The #100 Tomatoes I Bought Today / Biafra Wine Now In The Market. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by jammyunn(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2016
gbens2000:
pls were is it sold
I sell them.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by gbens2000(m): 3:49pm On May 12, 2016
jammyunn:
I sell them.
where is ur location and pix of how u sell and ur prices.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
dem no go kill person for this country,foodstuff expensive,petrol is now 145 naira,unpaid workers,no light,no jobs,nothing!i still wonder why nigerians don't commit suicide,if na abroad na so so suicide news we for dey hear everyday.We're hopeful people.
If you commit suicide first, trust me other people will join you.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by TRAVEL101(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:
The Dangotes and other Tomato paste manufacturers have bought it all. They have closer proximity to the farmers.

Why would farmers bring their tomatoes to us in Lagos, Ogun, etc., when the likes of Dangotes are willing to buy it all in the North? Remember, the farmers & other wholesale channels won't incur the exorbitant transportation fees, agbero dues, local govt dues, NURTW levies, Nigerian Police fee, Vigilante money, States Internal Revenue levy, Mile 12 Market association levy, Tinubu levy, Lagos State Tax, fuel @N140/litre, just to name a few.

When the world told you guys that Nigeria is the worst place to do business on earth, una think say na joke abi?

Meanwhile, where are the Agricultural graduates, Professors, etc.?

Nigeria actually have more Agric lecturers than real farmers grin

We have more Colleges, Schools and Faculties of Agriculture than Tomato plantation.

We are simply paying for the elongated redundancy, years of intellectual idleness, and the over dependency on oil.

We neva see anything.

Wouldn't you rather sell your fresh tomato to a serious entrepreneur up north who owns a paste industry than bring it down south?

Lest I forget, the little tomatoes around were imported from Cameroon. Majority of the serious farmers we have in Nigeria have been displaced by Boko Haram up North, and killer herds men in Agatu, Benue state.

cc: lalasticlala
True talk

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by jammyunn(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2016
gbens2000:
where is ur location and pix of how u sell and ur prices.
my location is oshodi...would send pix later. price is 3k for a carton of 12. they're in tins with fresh tomatoes inside.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Xynthialuvy(f): 4:07pm On May 12, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Na only pepper them they sell 4 my area.
. Una own better. us dey use dried-grounded pepper and tomato paste.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by YelloweWest: 4:10pm On May 12, 2016
Tobium1:
So a ball is sold for N60?

Plus rotten one o

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by gbens2000(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2016
jammyunn:
my location is oshodi...would send pix later. price is 3k for a carton of 12. they're in tins with fresh tomatoes inside.
fresh tomatoes and not paste?
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by oyeezah(f): 4:12pm On May 12, 2016
#600? abeg, no b by force to chop fresh tomatoes. after all, a roll of gino tomato paste is #280.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Wonderful88: 4:12pm On May 12, 2016
tomatoes season has pass,,so it will be like that until it next season
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by irisola(f): 4:26pm On May 12, 2016
Nigeria is moving grin
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Mbediogu(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2016
chocolateme:
I wonder when the price is gonna come down. This little quantity of tomatoes was bought at #600 today..
How is the prices for fresh tomatoes in your area? Affordable or costlier?

I am Alhaji Umaru Maigogoni, a tomato seller. Na becos of high cost of dollar for forex. Na im make tomato cost. Wallahi when dollar fall, tomato cost go fall join. Sanu kaji. Kakwana lafia.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by brojoshua: 4:53pm On May 12, 2016
May be God is fighting us in Nigeria because of our many sins, if post is true. So let us in Nigeria as many of us as are wicked and evil turn from our wicked ways back to God. After that let us farm reasonable, we have plenty of good land. But if we cannot manage ourselves well and use what God has given us well then while should we be complaining and who are we complaining to. Did our land tell us not to plant crops on them? If we cannot make things good for ourselves in Nigeria, then we live like that.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 12, 2016
BoboYekini:
You for 'cause trouble' na. Lesekese. angry
Na all man dey vex right now o.
You bet! I reject it. I can't pay this much to buy 'esaa', if I needed it, I would have gone for it grin grin
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Reference(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2016
sallyopy:
that is the situation in the country now, a BASKET of tomatoes is now sold for between 25 and 35k. this will continue for some time because of the season.

No, this is way past seasonal. I understand we had a plague wipeout. All the same people should grow their own tomatoes. Its very easy if you can create the appropriate climatic conditions: dry heat.

2 Likes

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by kingsilly(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2016
gbens2000:

If it's imported then yes, fresh tomatoes are canned.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by PMBisaterrorist(f): 5:20pm On May 12, 2016
mikolo80:
yet una go de put calabash for junction.God no get una time.better enter farm

what's this 1 saying
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by gbens2000(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2016
kingsilly:

If it's imported then yes, fresh tomatoes are canned.
pls i really need how can i get it i stay in kaduna
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by kingsilly(m): 5:39pm On May 12, 2016
gbens2000:
pls i really need how can i get it i stay in kaduna

I'm just reaffirming the guy stance, Na to send am Pm, I already did grin
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by teekay213(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2016
chisco82:

If you commit suicide first, trust me other people will join you.
sorry!am not nigerian.so let start with you.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mikolo80: 7:00pm On May 12, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:

what's this 1 saying
God does'nt answer prayers from people who visit babalawo in the night and faith without works is dead on arrival
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mmmustapha(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2016
here in KADUNA town is 500 par paint rubber
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by PMBisaterrorist(f): 8:07pm On May 12, 2016
mikolo80:
God does'nt answer prayers from people who visit babalawo in the night and faith without works is dead on arrival

wetin concern babalawo here?
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by YGF07(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2016
Swissheart:
Now..... it is one thing for tomatoes to be expensive, another thing to be unavailable.

My dear. Egusi is your friend.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by YGF07(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:

Lol. Bet Wait shocked dis ur name Na waaa o. lipsrsealed
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by YGF07(m): 8:18pm On May 12, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:

Lol. Bet Wait shocked
dis ur name Na waaa o. lipsrsealed
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by PMBisaterrorist(f): 8:22pm On May 12, 2016
YGF07:

Lol. Bet Wait shocked
dis ur name Na waaa o. lipsrsealed

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by June24th: 9:03pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
dem no go kill person for this country,foodstuff expensive,petrol is now 145 naira,unpaid workers,no light,no jobs,nothing!i still wonder why nigerians don't commit suicide,if na abroad na so so suicide news we for dey hear everyday.We're hopeful people.
Seriously my bro
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by RichboyPee(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
Why don't you start it?
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by jammyunn(m): 12:31am On May 13, 2016
gbens2000:
fresh but in tins

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by murmee: 9:33am On May 13, 2016
Twinkie8:
Tomatoes a very cheap in April, before and after easter. Buy and freeze to last till the next season.
see my frozen tomatoes below? Just brought out this few for stew. Where's light to freeze the tomatoes or any food? At the end of May, Tatashe will disappear. If there is constant light, this is the time to buy it in bulk and freeze.

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by gbens2000(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2016
kingsilly:

I'm just reaffirming the guy stance, Na to send am Pm, I already did grin
pls wen u ave confirmed he his legit this is my email gbens4real2000@yahoo.com.lemme know ASAP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Tiny Catfish I Bought 2000 Naira This Morning. / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / Can You Buy This 20k Bread In This Present Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.