Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient (22020 Views)

Banker Drugs And Impregnates 13-Year-Old Orphan In Abuja / Man Rapes And Kills A Virgin In Ohafia, Abia State . PICS / Man Rapes And Impregnates His Stepdaughter In Ogun (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Blackberrybabes: 6:26am On May 12, 2016
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a ‘doctor’, identified only as Abiodun, for allegedly raping and impregnating a 26-year-old ulcer patient in the Ipaja Ayobo area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Abiodun, a trado-medical doctor, who had his health centre – Damola Healthcare – on Agbaje Street, was arrested on Tuesday by the Isokoko Police Division.

The Family Support Unit of the division was said to be in charge of the matter.

Our correspondent gathered that the victim, Funmilayo (pseudonym), who hails from Abeokuta, Ogun State, and lives two streets away from the centre, had in December 2015, gone to the place to complain about ulcer.

It was learnt that Abiodun’s workers had prescribed some herbal drugs for the lady, telling her that she would pay N18,000 for comprehensive treatment. The victim reportedly deposited N10,000.

Our correspondent gathered that when there was no improvement in the lady’s condition, she requested to meet with Abiodun for further counselling in January 2016. Abiodun was said to have taken over Funmilayo’s treatment from his workers.

It was learnt that the ‘doctor’ on January 17, after conducting some tests on the patient, allegedly told her that she had womb infections and she needed to be further examined, asking her to come back two days later by 9am.

PUNCH Metro gathered that on January 19, Funmilayo, who was said to be afraid of testing positive for womb infections, got to the hospital around 7am and waited at the reception.

Our correspondent learnt that when Abiodun arrived at about 8am, he invited the patient to his office and allegedly asked her to UnCloth to have her private parts examined.

It was gathered that Abiodun, however, allegedly raped Funmilayo, and thereafter begged the patient not to disclose the incident to anyone.

A police source told PUNCH Metro that Funmilayo, however, reported the matter at the Ayobo Police Division, when she discovered in February 2016, that she was pregnant, and the ‘doctor’ allegedly told her to have an abortion.

She said, “The ‘doctor’ agreed he had an affair with her, but he insisted that the victim should get rid of the pregnancy. The lady insisted that she would not risk her life to go for an abortion since she was not promiscuous. When the matter got to the Ayobo division, the ‘doctor’ was arrested and made to promise to take care of the lady. But after he was granted bail, the promise was not kept.”

Our correspondent learnt that the matter was later brought to the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team, Alausa, which referred the victim to Mirabel Centre, Ikeja, for a checkup.

It was gathered that the DSVRT thereafter requested the matter to be transferred to the Isokoko division and the doctor was re-arrested.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Funmilayo, a National Diploma holder from a polytechnic in Lagos State, described what went on in the suspect’s office as shocking, adding that she could no longer keep the rape a secret when she found out she was pregnant.

She said, “On that day, when he arrived, we went into his office. He asked me to lie on the bed as he would insert a rubber tool into my private parts for examination. I did. My legs were far apart. He did that for some minutes, and suddenly I noticed he inserted his private parts.

“I shouted, but the cleaner did not come in. He stopped when he ejaculated. Immediately, he began to apologise that he did not know what came over him. I vowed not to return to the centre. I did not tell anybody because I thought I should just forget about it.

“It was in February that I found out I could not menstruate. I went for a scan, but nothing showed. By March, I went for another scan, and it showed that I was pregnant for six weeks and four days. When I informed him, he suggested abortion, which I rejected. That was how the trouble began.”

When PUNCH Metro called Abiodun’s phone number on Wednesday, it rang out several times.

The DSVRT Coordinator, Lola Vivour-Adeniyi, warned female patients to insist on having a female nurse around in the hospital room, whenever their private parts were to be examined by a male doctor.

She said, “This is a rape by a traditional doctor which has now resulted in pregnancy. We requested that the case be transferred to the Family Support Unit of the Isokoko division from Ayobo division. The Department of Public Prosecutions has also requested the duplicate case file. The DSVRT has referred the victim to the OPD to get legal representation. She is also being given antenatal care at the Mirabel Centre.

“It must be emphasised that women must ensure that a female nurse is in the examination room whenever their private parts are to be examined by a male doctor.If that was done in this case, such sexual assault would not have taken place.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed Abiodun’s arrest.

She said, “The ‘doctor’ has been arrested. The case is still under investigation.”

http://www.punchng.com/lagos-doctor-rapes-impregnates-26-year-old-patient/

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Blackberrybabes: 6:26am On May 12, 2016
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by marshalcarter: 6:29am On May 12, 2016
Oya wey all dis end time crew....wen una suppose talk end tym...una no go talk...wen una no cum suppose talk...naim una go dey shout lyk rat wey dey born pikin nii angry

Wat is special abt FTC sef Mtsw

#listening to orits wiliki-the 10 commandment# grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by bigtt76(f): 6:30am On May 12, 2016
@OP ...A traditional 'doctor' or better still herbalist is NOT the same as a Doctor. Please correct your heading and stop posting topics with sensational headings angry

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by tyson99(m): 6:31am On May 12, 2016
konji na bastard

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by shaiba(f): 6:55am On May 12, 2016
Sad... cry

And she is a National Diploma holder from a polytechnic in Lagos State being treated of ulcer by a traditional herbalist or doctor

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by talk2alabama: 7:07am On May 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes abeg change that "doctor" to traditional herbalist, before amadioha deal with u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by ORACLE1975(m): 7:07am On May 12, 2016
I need to call the police so that the case will not die young.
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by seunlayi(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2016
The Doctor just ended his career

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by collitexnaira(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2016
Why wait until you get pregnant before you report of being raped,, she probably enjoyed the rape perhaps she even allowed him willingly

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by blazetitov: 11:18am On May 12, 2016
Doctor Aye!! He should be castrated and his office building converted to a motherless babies home.

But the lady is funny thou. Why would she decide to keep quite about such abuse and still refuses to purge herself of the doctor's semen. Too bad. I doubt she went to LASPOTECH.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by drjojo: 11:18am On May 12, 2016
Pls he's a herbalist not a doctor. Correct yourself pls!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Faremisodeeq(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2016
End time signal every where. Even someone told me that the hike in fuel price is an end time sign.
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by DIFY20(f): 11:21am On May 12, 2016
am not surprise is only people from slum republic (South West)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by JoeBlocks(m): 11:21am On May 12, 2016
Rape, rape and more rape is all the news we seem to hear, amidst these harsh times. Its appalling that what some do now is to take advantage of people and make complete fools of themselves.
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by free2ryhme: 11:22am On May 12, 2016
angry
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by MrRichy(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2016
thats why i don't trust all this GOKO CLEANSER people..
the lady sef no try... instead of visiting a medical doctor.. u decide to see a herbalist.. shior
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by blazetitov: 11:22am On May 12, 2016
DIFY20:
am not surprise is only people from slum republic (South West)

Bigot!! Shame on you.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Lattop(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2016
not rape joo she gbadun d man's di*k
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by MrAboki: 11:24am On May 12, 2016
Wow!

I hope he gets tried under Sharia Law. angry
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by iswallker(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2016
he would insert a rubber tool into my private parts for examination. I did. My legs were far apart. He did that for some minutes, and suddenly I noticed he inserted his private parts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the girl go do something finish, enjoy am, come say na rape cause the babalawo nor give you the upkeep money as agreed.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Nobody: 11:25am On May 12, 2016
After he raped her she didn't report to the authorities because?, waited to be pronounced pregnant...she even went and told him she was pregnant in order to discuss the way forward before making a report Foolish girl.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Goddaughter: 11:25am On May 12, 2016
This is lies. 26 yrs oh my God. She seduced him check very well

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Kollin: 11:27am On May 12, 2016
seunlayi:
The Doctor just ended his career

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by SmithHumble50: 11:27am On May 12, 2016
NAwa oo...

Animal angry
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by chubbygal(f): 11:29am On May 12, 2016
Are those corpers truly serving their fathers land or their husband?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by izzou(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2016
Sad story

Why wait till you get pregnant before raising an alarm??

And what if he had agreed to take care of the baby,you for no shout baa?

Poor lady
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Guyman02: 11:30am On May 12, 2016
No comment

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by 4reala(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2016
Abeg make una cstrate dat doctor
Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by Kherry: 11:33am On May 12, 2016
Endtime doctor

1 Like

Re: Lagos Herbalist Rapes And Impregnates Patient by playtheblues(f): 11:35am On May 12, 2016
I checked names already.

Not surprised.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

150 Arrested In Kano For Sagged Pants And Sporty Hair / Police Parade Robbers, Cultists And Kidnappers In Abia (PHOTOS) / Four Men Tried To Kill A Widow In Her Farm In Ode Aye, Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.