Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 (40857 Views)

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 / Ten Most Influential Women In Nigeria 2016 - By T.I.N Magazine / Maureen Onu Is Dead (Miss Tourism Nigeria 2016 Contestant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Codedrock(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2016

T.I.N Magazine just ranked Nigeria's ten most influential musicians of 2016. The listings were rated according to the level of influence each artist has in the music industry and Nigeria as a whole. This list wasn't judged based on the fame or money a singer has but their influence in someway or the other. And the ranking is based on their performance within the last 12months.
The no.1 person on the list is to be considered to be the most Influential music act in Nigeria as of 2016.

TEN MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTES IN NIGERIA 2016

10] M.I ABAGA

As the CEO of the largest record label in Nigeria 'Chocolate City" he's been featured on this list. M.I a popular rapper and business man. The record label which he currently heads recently launched a talent hunt show called "ChocolateCity Unsigned" so as to give chance for upcoming acts to become established by sponsoring the winner's career with 10million naira.

9] YEMI ALADE

The singer who came into the industry not long ago has actually made a lot for herself in a short period of time. At the moment Yemi Alade is among the most famous Nigerian artiste across Africa. She remixes her songs in several African languages. The singer eralir this year dropped an album called "MAMA AFRICA" she revealed she is going to give 10% of the album sales to charity.

8] P-SQUARE
Psqaure
[img]http://3.bp..com/-JQwr1nVk67M/Vs1ikUsi5eI/AAAAAAAAB9E/RAOHeQD960o/s400/vllkyt275tcqg972q.171fa966.jpg[/img]
Even though the very popular duo have not been too active in the music industry for sometime now their impact still shows. Psquare still keep beautifying the Nigeria music industry outside the shores of Nigeria with several hit shows.

7] PHYNO

The popular rapper is sure one of the biggest musicians in Nigeria right now. Phyno just like Olamide has shown he's not just a rapper but a singer also. Phyno in a short period of time in the music industry has got some huge achievements. Phyno now the represents the Igbo phase of the Nigeria music industry with release of several hit songs in his native dialect "Igbo language". Phyno also created "PHYNOFEST" last year which took place in Onitsha a concert which was quite a successful one. Phyno is one of the pioneers of artistry clothing lines in the music industry.

6] 2BABA[img]
http://cdn1.jaguda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2Face.jpeg[/img]

Tubaba Idibia a sure legend respected by many in the music industry is definitely one of the most influential musicians in Nigeria this year. Starting from his foundations to musical influences locally and and internationally within the past 12months has got him to be ranked 6th on this list. Not to mention he recently launched a free trip to Kenya contest for his Nigerian fans.

5] D'BANJ
[img]http://2.bp..com/-rC5vUYkEiIk/VYGhoXcZVUI/AAAAAAAAAs4/IlmEU9z-YjY/s400/dbanjturns34june9th2014.jpg[/img]
He was ranked to be the most influential singer in Nigeria last year, well, it looks like the legendary singer fell in rankings this year. D'banj has made quite a lot of impact in the music scene and as far as we can tell he is still keeping up that impression. From promoting the KokoBussiness campaign earlier this year to promoting the ONE.org cmpaign, and promoting the BOI youth empowerment and entrepreneurship campaign the singer still remains as influential as ever

4] DON JAZZY

Well, 12 months before now, he definitely would have been ranked 1st or 2nd on this list, he's been featured to be the 4th most influential musician within the past 12 months. The ace producer and singer is very well a legend in the Nigeria music industry. His achievements would be too much to mention here. Well, within the past 12months the singer and producer have made a lot of impact in people's live and even in the music industry.

3] WIZKID

The star boy himself has been ranked the 3rd most influential musician in Nigeria this year, Wizkid within the last 12months has shown he really is a starboy. The singer has taken Nigerian music beyond the shores of Africa after getting a remix collaboration with superstar Drake. The song was named the 12th biggest song of 2015 by Fader magazine. Ever since, he's been getting several intentional recognition, earlier this year he was featured by Vogue magazine a popular American magazine. The singer got featured by Drake in his recently released album "VIEWS" an album which has gone platinum. Wizkid got featured in one the album's lead single "One Dance".
Not to mention, the singer has got artistes signed to his Starboy records.

2] DAVIDO

Davido has been an influential personality since starting his music career, he is known to be a great charity supporter and he helps people quite a lot via social media. Earlier this year like always Davido gave scholarship to a homeless kid he saw on social media.
The pop star earlier this year signed a global deal with Sony becoming the first African act to sign such, a deal he claimed would get him a million dollars, he also promised to make Africa proud by exploring the deal to the fullest.
The singer also covered a popular American magazine "FADER" few months ago. Davido recently launched a new label called DMW a label which he already signed two new acts to, which at the moment they are doing quite well in the industry.

1] OLAMIDE

Well, many may not want to believe this but the ace rapper and singer has been concluded to be the most influential musician in Nigeria as of 2016. The popular musician has made quite some great impressions within the last 12 months. A couple weeks ago the rapper organized a contest for upcoming music acts which was called the "Who You Epp" contest, he promised to help the winner of the contest with his/her music career financially.
The singer just 2weeks ago released Lil Kesh an artist signed to his label after helping the now superstar become a superstar making a little or no profit off him unlike every other label boss. He stated the YBNL record label was craeted to help new acts and not for bussiness like every other label.
The singer keeps helping new acts signed on his label. Not to mention , Olamide can be siad to be one of the artistes who helped ingeniousness in the Nigerian music industry.
Olamide earlier this year had a fight with another influential personality in the music industry Don Jazzy, a social media beef which trended for quite a longtime it caught many Nigerians attention as Olamide trended for quite a longtime on social media showing how much influence he has.

http://www.takemetonaija.com/2016/05/ten-most-influential-musicians-in.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 11:49am On May 12, 2016
Cool
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Akinyemi787(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2016
una dey mad wizzy be de no 1 for nw

30 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Codedrock(m): 4:27pm On May 12, 2016
Akinyemi787:
How many impact has ur wizzy made in the music industry?? How many lives has he changed for the beta?? because Drake featured him on One Dance pls can u tell me who that one done help?? Mtcheew.. Some pple talking without thinking. I think Davido should be no.1 though.. The guy helps people a lot and does a lot of charity too. Well, Baddosneh is not bad for no.1 though.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Herapal(m): 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
You forgot to add Iyale e Edible Catering ni?

On a serious note, the artist in the picture below is the most influential.

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by holyokoto(m): 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
Is a blatant Lie! From no 1 to 3 are all Tiwa Savage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Weedcrusher: 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
Just to let you all know that we should all live in peace and harmony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by mayorjosh(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
htf is yemi alade there?

7 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by UltraSphinx(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
I do think tiwa savage deserves a spot on that list or has the feud between she and her husband made her less influential over the past 12 months?...
And anyway, whats the hype about wixkid been featured in drake's song all about? I downloaded the song (one dance) last week expecting to hear the lovely voice of our own made-in-naija StarBoy taking the chorus as he always does whenevr he is featured here in naija, but rather i heard kyla taking the chorus... I almost lost hope thinking this was another jole after i didn't hear wizkid about 2mins into the track. Suddenly i heard an eerie sound like the bleating of the proverbial "lost sheep", i initially thought that was another DJ Maneuvre... E Pain Me As I See Say Na The Only Part Wey Drake Fit Manage Dash Wizkid Be Dat cry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by CR77(f): 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
Hmmmm cool
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by ayatt(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
olamide no1??

wtf is phyno is doing on that list?
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Apelex(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
Zombies will start saying the list is not correct...

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Barselonia(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
Egbon don jazzy.,If na number one u wan collect,come and collect it ooooo
....... street ti take over,, baba iya yinn.......

who yu epp
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Starships4u(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
Seen passing..... Where is Asa

3 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by CR77(f): 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
cool
Akinyemi787:
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by mayorjosh(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2016
Codedrock:

How many impact has ur wizzy made in the music industry?? How many lives has changed for the beta?? because Drake featured him on One Dance pls can u tell me who that one done help?? Mtcheew.. Some pple talking without thinking. I think Davido should be no.1 though.. The guy helps people a lot and does a lot of charity too. Well, Baddosneh is not bad for no.1 though.
drake featuring wizkid helps the reputation of the nigerian music industry

8 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by ayatt(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2016
CR77:
Hmmmm cool
were hav u been ...female CR7??
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by gidimasters(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2016
check my signature
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by pinkiberry(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
Eze nnunu is there. me likey. go phyno ,the sky is your starting point.

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
Tubaba is No 1

Right or Wrong?

I know they compiled this list to hit at Tiwa Savage .... If na USA, Pepsi for don drop am tay tay

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
Double ur hustle
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
LIE MOHAMMED
TUFACE SHUD BE NO1...PSQUARE NO2

4 Likes

Codedrock:

How many impact has ur wizzy made in the music industry?? How many lives has changed for the beta?? because Drake featured him on One Dance pls can u tell me who that one done help?? Mtcheew.. Some pple talking without thinking. I think Davido should be no.1 though.. The guy helps people a lot and does a lot of charity too. Well, Baddosneh is not bad for no.1 though.
who davido help? Apart from Sophia momodu?

15 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by brixton: 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
I don't get why people keep rating yemi ahead of tiwa. Mhen for me it is tiwa and tiwa savage alone. She is the biggest female act in Africa by far.

As for the most influential, there is no way in heaven and earth that Olamide is as influential as Wizkid @ this moment. Even charlamagne the god gave our entire naija nation a s/o on the tbs last Tuesday coz of Wizkid. I don't even like Wizkid anymore but that boy na Babanla!

16 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Arewa12: 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
g
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by godofwar666(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
@OP where is FELA? If fela no dey d list no complete ;-\
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Noneroone(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
Lagos/ibadan expressway list

BTW stop using phyno, psquare as camouflage to confer some elements of credibility on your list

3 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by allanphash7(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
where is Tiwa

2 Likes

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by ModiKen(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Nigerian Celebrities In Their Halloween Costumes! / Answer This Question Sincerely As Asked By Psquare (for couples) / Tracy And Treasure Daniels Share Make-Up Free Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.