Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Blogging 101: Why You Should Use Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging 101: Why You Should Use Wordpress (519 Views)

5 Helpful Tips To Use Wordpress Themes / Top 10 Reasons Not To Use Wordpress / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogging 101: Why You Should Use Wordpress by TheInkheart(f): 3:20pm On May 12, 2016
Although I have always used WordPress for my personal blogs but in my almost 4 years of being a blogger and handling some online businesses plus in my recent training with Google, I have practically seen and used almost all the Web Content Managing Systems (CMS) out there. I am sure you will be surprised there are more content managing systems other than WordPress, Blogger or Magento. There are so many others like Joomla, Drupal, Expression Engine, Text Pattern, Radiant CMS; just google simple and usable web content management systems and you will be shocked at the list(s) you will find.

Amongst all these plenty CMS, the WordPress is my favourite and one of the highly recommended and used by so many web developers. Currently, WordPress powers 22.5% of all websites in the world (which is the most used in the world) and it is used by platforms like Google, Time Magazine, Facebook, LinkedIn, eBay, Sony, The New York Times, Disney and so much more because of its robust features. Note that WordPress is not only meant for blogging; it has grown over the years to accommodate so many features and plugins that will enable you run a successful business/company website or an online market on it.

WordPress is one of the most highly versatile Content Managing Systems and these are some of the benefits of running your platform on WordPress:

click here to read more: http://www.coloursandgrey.com/blogging-101-wordpress/
Re: Blogging 101: Why You Should Use Wordpress by Barywhyte(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2016
That is for bloggers! Not professional web developers. Any stupid person with little online web experience can handle wordpress and that is why millions run to it. Even CMS like drupal require substantial technical ability and that is why many people don't develop sites with drupal. Mind you, Wordpress is at most good for blogging and nothing more. For complex web development with CMS, go for drupal. I am a drupal developer with little experience in module development.

(1) (Reply)

Google Has Not Sent Any Mail Concerning My Last Approval / Please Check Out My New Forums. / Web Designer For A Simple 1 Page Website And Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.