Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) (28561 Views)

'We Are Being Maltreated'; Fulani Herdsmen Cry Out Over Their Condition. Photos / 7-month-old Baby Raped By Step Father In Critical Health Condition / Ife: Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Yoruba-Hausa Clash In Osun (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by dre11(m): 3:57pm On May 12, 2016
Four persons are now battling to survive in different hospitals in Anambra State following various degrees of injuries inflicted on them by cultists who have held Ezi- Umunya village in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State hostage for nearly one week.

Dependable sources in the village said palpable fear had gripped the residents following the invasion by cult group. Four youths, Ekene Nweke, Ike Nwankwo, Anierobi Nwizu and Wilson Ikwuka, attacked by the ravaging cult group, were lying critically ill in different hospitals.

Those said to be on the list of the attackers have fled the community for fear of being killed. It was learnt that the cultists resorted to attacking their victims with machetes and axes after they failed to lure the victims and many other youths in Umunya community into their group.

The Chairman, Caretaker Committee of Umunya Town Union, Mr. Obi Ezeana, said the attack came a few weeks after government inaugurated a committee, charged with the responsibility of reconciling the warring parties in the area as well as conducting election into the town union executive.

He said: “After our swearing- in, I led 11 other members of the caretaker committee to the state Commissioner of Police and to the Divisional Police Officer, Nteje Police Division, SP Daniel Barnabas, and pleaded with them to stop arresting members of the community, pending the outcome of the peace crusade we have embarked upon.

“But to my chagrin, we called the two factions of Ezi- Umunya village that were having problems over the election of village leadership for roundtable talks, aimed at restoring peace among warring factions, at the end of the meeting, policemen from Nteje Police Division stormed the venue of our meeting, arrested Ekene Nweke and detained him at the police station. “It took me time to secure his release on bail. But on his way home from the police station, he was attacked by the suspected cult group.”

The victims, who spoke from their hospital beds, said they were attacked because they refused to be initiated into the dreaded cult group. They added that the attack was not connected to the leadership crisis rocking Ezi-Umunya village.

The traditional ruler of the community could not be reached at press time.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/four-hospitalised-cult-attacks/

2 Shares

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by sexymonkey(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2016
fear deh catch me self.
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by benedictnsi(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2016
sexymonkey:
fear deh catch me self.

On behalf of d injured or the cultist weh attack dem

Anyway sha, river no d swallow who e no see im leg.... Make dem use their head carry am...... Wish dem recovery doh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by ORACLE1975(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
K
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by petux(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2016
make God just dae save pesin ni ooo.....diz cult of a thing
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by ijustdey: 5:04pm On May 12, 2016
nah who cult don help

It was learnt that the cultists resorted to attacking their victims with machetes and axes after they failed to lure the victims and many other youths in Umunya community into their group.

is it by force to join their useless group.

5 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by CaptainBomb(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2016
Okay
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by LovesonBlezz(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2016
who cultism epp

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by loomer: 6:53pm On May 12, 2016
Joblessness.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by tydi(m): 6:54pm On May 12, 2016
na Buhari cus am!

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by Arewa12: 6:54pm On May 12, 2016
nah by force

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by Lattop(m): 6:54pm On May 12, 2016
wharris happening to my dear Nigeria naw

NIGERIA needs days of fasting and prayer

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by davedpo(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2016
mtweee I wonder many people doesn't know the very next thing
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by modath(f): 6:56pm On May 12, 2016
tydi:
na Buhari cus am!

One day one day, you will get healed from your malady, today aint the day.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by buharisbae(f): 6:58pm On May 12, 2016
awww! sorry iPods! undecided
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by TrumpDonald(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2016
I used to like cultism and fraternity. But this their violence just dey make me hate d thing. Anyway, na yeye people cult b dat.

Me I must join better one for mature people. No violence, no ritual. Just ideas, connection and wealth smiley

3 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by marshalcarter: 7:03pm On May 12, 2016
tydi:
na Buhari cus am!
If u realize aw senseless...stvupid...meaningless...idiotic...psychopathic and bombastic ur foolish words are....you'll clean it..bks buhari don be capon naaa....nonsenseangry
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by Blitz888(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2016
This is pure BS. Why sell falsehood and half truth to the public by embellishing a mere infraction.He Obi Ezeana was the grand architect of this whole melodrama.
Obi Ezeana is not the Town Union President whether in caretaker or substantive capacity and thus should stop parading himself as the President. He should also stop selling our land and collective patrimony to his friends and cronies. Lastly, he stop labelling all opposed to his inglorious self imposition as cultists cos this young men are ready to defend their ancestral bequeathal with the last drop of their blood if need be.
Meanwhile, this na stale news.
Last shot... He that has harvested ant infested firewood has inadvertently asked the lizard to be his guest.
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by passionate88: 7:05pm On May 12, 2016
Cult? Very useless thing

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by hresso: 7:05pm On May 12, 2016
Dang! Damn! Damn!
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by johncallidon(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]may God continue to protect his people Amen.
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by Adeniyi077(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2016
I'm no longer surprised. It's about time. May God save His people.
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by BMZK: 7:07pm On May 12, 2016
Na lie, who are they trying to deceive ?
No be cultists, Na Fulani herdsmen. Lol
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:08pm On May 12, 2016
buharisbae:
They will chop you raw now. You better run. Lol
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by MILD22: 7:08pm On May 12, 2016
buharisbae:
sorry to your self.
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by shamecurls(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2016
This why I like Okro soup
Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by mccoy47(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2016
Mumu ppl. 2016 and u'r still doin cultism when ur mates r making it BIG!

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2016
I have never heard of a cultist that died peacefully.

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by olafum1(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2016
Man's inhumanity to Man

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by tydi(m): 7:14pm On May 12, 2016
marshalcarter:

If u realize aw senseless...stvupid...meaningless...idiotic...psychopathic and bombastic ur foolish words are....you'll clean it..bks buhari don be capon naaa....nonsenseangry

I owe you no explanation #apcChainedZombie

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Cultist Attacks In Ezi-Umunya, Anambra In Critical Condition (photos) by coaco(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2016
Una know unaselve

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Who Left Ghana For Nigeria Is Missing (Photo) / Anambra Lady Attacks Man For Harassing Her At A Party (Photos) / 19-year-old Lagos Girl Drugs Her Friend To Sleep For 15 Hours, Steals From Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.