Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Random Thoughts From This Morning's Work. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Random Thoughts From This Morning's Work. (366 Views)

Random Promotion At Workplace- How Has It Affected You? / Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning / Two Workers Die In Underground Petrol Tank In Lagos This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Random Thoughts From This Morning's Work. by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
As I do every morning, I write up another piece of my book, #StartBuildProfit. If you have never heard of it or me, then I will tell you it is a book I am writing and publishing a new piece to my website each day.

The book is about a blog I started in 2013 that I would later grow into a profitable business. You can read the first few updates HERE.

But this thread is not about promoting the book, just some thoughts I had this morning. I was working on the first half of Chapter 1, which talks about the years leading up to me creating this blog and business. At first I didn't want to include it because I thought it would turn people away, but once I started writing, I realized how important this part of my story -- and my life -- truly is.

It brought back old memories and emotions I haven't felt in years. It brought back a lot of pain, shame and guilt from that time, back to the surface. And the more I wrote, the more I wanted to share.

For the sake of the book, I removed a lot of content to trim things down a bit, but left enough to give readers an idea of what I was going through beforehand, because it would be this very experience that allowed me to create the business I will talk about later in the book.

If you ever happen to read it, I would love to hear your thoughts about it. Feedback is what will allow me to make this book a true success. Not in terms of sales, but in terms of the value it will offer for its readers. Sales are just the byproduct of great work.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that I've updated the site, and to take a moment to reflect on some of the things I've written about in today's piece.

Take care, and be blessed!

Ra

Today's portion of #StartBuildProfit can be read HERE.

(1) (Reply)

Daar Communications Sacks All AIT, Raypower Workers In Benin / Planning (Lucky Douglas Atafo) / Design, Piping, Reservoir & Seismic Software Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.