Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! (1394 Views)

Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access (2) (3) (4)

Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by Richkinwe: 6:52pm On May 12, 2016
After a thorough observation for some weeks, it will be safe to admit- though a bit of an overstatement - that 200 Naira denomination is now as scarce as a 1naira coin across the nation. This observation take premises from the fact that on separate occasions, I would buy stuffs and give out a higher denomination, but each time I'm always been handed mostly #100 note and some other denominations as 'change' for goods bought. At times, I even wonder perhaps #200 Note has some fiscal measure issues or rather jokingly subsidy issues , because I can't phantom the need for Scarcity.
Fellow Nigerians, your own perception as regards this recent scarcity is highly welcomed. It's high time those in charge of our financial institutions give an explanation on this observed development.

Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by ourkobo: 6:55pm On May 12, 2016
I dey come
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by Luizkid(m): 7:26pm On May 12, 2016
pls how do i print out dis N200 note out?? very important
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by Richkinwe: 4:35pm On May 21, 2016
Luizkid:
pls how do i print out dis N200 note out?? very important
Lol...no need to print. It's inside your phone screen, open the screen and remove it. grin

Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by dollaflow(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by Richkinwe: 5:29pm On May 21, 2016
dollaflow:
Lol.. Or how do you view it from your side?
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by tonytony208(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2016
Richkinwe:
After a thorough observation for some weeks, it will be to admit- though a bit of an overstatement - that 200 Naira denomination is now as scarce as a 1naira coin across the nation. This observation take premises from the fact that on separate occasions, I would buy stuffs and give out a higher denomination, but each time I'm always been handed mostly #100 note and some other denominations as 'change' for goods bought. At times, I even wonder perhaps #200 Note has some fiscal measure issues or rather jokingly subsidy issues , because I can't phantom the need for Scarcity.
Fellow Nigerians, your own perception as regards this recent scarcity is highly welcomed. It's high time those in charge of our financial institutions give an explanation on this observed development.

Not only 200 naira that is scarce, everything is scarce and expensive in Nigeria. I men's everything.....including good wife grin
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by GenOrumov: 12:03am On May 22, 2016
I also observed that too.

Even the old N100 doesn't seem to be in circulation anymore. You will only find the centenary one.
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by Richkinwe: 5:07pm On May 23, 2016
GenOrumov:
I also observed that too.

Even the old N100 doesn't seem to be in circulation anymore. You will only find the centenary one.
that's true.. I wonder where all these denominations have gone. We must also admit that the currency that is mostly in circulation now is the #100 note.
Re: Scarcity Of 200 Naira Note Recently! by Richkinwe: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2017
With this trend, it is safe to admit that #200 denomination is going extinct. So so scarce at the moment.

Do You Need Any Help In Starting Embroidery Business? / Powerful Technology Firms And How They Make Money / Recycled Paper Needed