Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? (1248 Views)

Brain Teaser: Can You Crack The Code? (Photo) / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / Brain Teaser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 12, 2016
***Real Brain Teaser***

The following brain teaser is no child's play! Lol.

My brother sent it to me yesterday on WhatsApp. I solved it twice to arrive at the correct answer. Then when I shared my answer with him, lo and behold, he got the wrong answer lol. He had to quickly recalculate to finally get the right answer. Lol.
But what has made the brain teaser especially of a sensation for us is that I have since shared it with the two WhatsApp groups I belong to. (Since yesterday). And I tell you that till this moment my school mates and JW brothers are still 'fighting' over what is the right answer. Lol. Some have even come back to change their answers. Lol

Can you play? smiley

QUESTION OF THE DAY!

If you get the answer right, I swear you are a super genius.

A lady bought goods worth #200 and paid the shopkeeper with a #1000 Note. The Shopkeeper had no change on him so he went to another Shopkeeper John his neighbour and collected #1000 change in #200 denominations, with which he settled the lady and she left.

A little while later, John came back angrily after he discovered the #1000 note he was given by the shopkeeper was fake, and demanded a replacement. To avoid trouble, the shopkeeper had to give John another #1000 and destroyed the counterfeit which had no real value.

So Question for the genius... How much has the Shopkeeper lost in total?

Mods please do the needful.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Niyeal(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2016
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by taurus25(m): 10:36pm On May 12, 2016
N 1000
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Mathematical(f): 10:41pm On May 12, 2016
800 minus the goods bought..
If calculated with the goods it's 1000

1 Like

Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Nobody: 12:11am On May 13, 2016
Niyeal:

haha. This game no go kill me o.

Are you sure? Show your workings
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Nobody: 12:13am On May 13, 2016
Mathematical:
800 minus the goods bought..
If calculated with the goods it's 1000

what's your conclusion then? Show how you got it
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 13, 2016
taurus25:
N 2000

show us your rough sheet undecided
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by Mathematical(f): 11:41am On May 13, 2016
AgricSalt:

what's your conclusion then? Show how you got it

OK.
Skip all the technicalities.. the buyer gave out a fake money.. assuming he had change.. he'll lost 800naira plus the good
Him giving his neighbor a 1000 is just same thing.. .the neighbor just helped with the change.. and when he realised, he returned it and have a good one back.. . so how come will he be losing more than 800 if his neighbor doesn't lose or gain

If still you don't understand.. lemme break it down...
Assuming before the customer came I ad 1k with me...
She came with another 1k. I don't have the small denomination..
And I tend to her..her change is 800.
Basically if with or without me having change.. my money should be 1200..considering the fact that I ad 1k bf she arrive..
And when the deed is done.. we realise it's fake.. then I give out my owned 1k to the neighbor who helped.. and left with jst. 200..
So do the math.. without the goods.. I lost 800.. with the goods worth.. it's 1k
So from your question how ''much '' does the shopkeeper lost in total..

800..if your question was how much does the shopkeeper lose with goods.. that's 1000
Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by taurus25(m): 6:34pm On May 13, 2016
AgricSalt:

show us your rough sheet undecided
for the goods he sold he lost N200 plus the extra N800 change he gave out . Note that the 800 change was from his neighbour so when he pays back it becomes his loss , i.e totally he lost N1000. my bad the first time wink

1 Like

Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by nawtibownie: 11:13pm On May 13, 2016
Mathematical:

OK.
Skip all the technicalities.. the buyer gave out a fake money.. assuming he had change.. he'll lost 800naira plus the good
Him giving his neighbor a 1000 is just same thing.. .the neighbor just helped with the change.. and when he realised, he returned it and have a good one back.. . so how come will he be losing more than 800 if his neighbor doesn't lose or gain

If still you don't understand.. lemme break it down...
Assuming before the customer came I ad 1k with me...
She came with another 1k. I don't have the small denomination..
And I tend to her..her change is 800.
Basically if with or without me having change.. my money should be 1200..considering the fact that I ad 1k bf she arrive..
And when the deed is done.. we realise it's fake.. then I give out my owned 1k to the neighbor who helped.. and left with jst. 200..
So do the math.. without the goods.. I lost 800.. with the goods worth.. it's 1k
So from your question how ''much '' does the shopkeeper lost in total..

800..if your question was how much does the shopkeeper lose with goods.. that's 1000

I think you forgot to add the initial 1k he had before the lady entered the store from your analysis. He lost the 1k also to replace the fake money he destroyed.
He lost #1800 or #2000 if the price of the good is added. smiley

1 Like

Re: Real Brain Teaser! Can You Calculate His Lost? by addicted268(f): 1:54am On May 17, 2016

The shopkeeper had no money on him b4 d buyer came.
The buyer gave him 1k (fake).
The shopkeeper went toJohn and got 1k andgave the buyer 800naira thereby retaining 200naira good money.
The 200naira represents the value of the goods therefore the shopkeeper has not lost any money so far

John later came asking for the1k which the shopkeeper collected.and thats the only money the shop keeper lost.

(1) (Reply)

Most Difficult Forum Game Ever: No Nairalander Can Solve This / Hottest Apps And Game For Android / Ice Breakers (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.