Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Lionel Messi To Arsenal? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi To Arsenal? (1716 Views)

Leo Messi to receive the Golden Boot Today (Wednesday)! / Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2009
Arsene Wenger says Barcelona have as much chance of signing Cesc Fabregas as Arsenal have of signing Lionel Messi. He says

“Cesc is committed to the Club, he has told me that and told that to the press. We cannot master the noises coming out of Spain.”[/i]Neither can I, even the Italians seem to think he will be unveiled as a Milan player on Monday. He goes on to reveal that he had made a bid for Lionel Messi, Cheeky Wenger! Apparently, there are only about 10 players in the world we can’t afford. I’m supposing that at £125million, Messi will be close to the top of the list.

Ahead of today’s late kickoff at Everton the boss reflected on the previous season

[i]“I look at last year’s season as a product of bad circumstances, we had a bad start and that is why maybe we feel a little bit under pressure to start well this time because we know that last year after 14 games we had lost five and that was too many.”

“At the moment, nobody looks at us as a potential fighter for the title. Maybe that should not add too much pressure on our shoulders but it can. Basically there is a demand there to show how good we are, so I believe that we have to keep serene, focused and not put unneeded pressure on our shoulders. We should just focus on how we want to play.”

There are no new injury concerns ahead of today’s game, but  one player not set to feature is young Jack Wilshere.  While affirming that Wilshere was still part of his plans, he said:

“Tomorrow no because he is not in the squad but during the season, yes. On one side people say ‘you are too young, you do not have enough experience’. On the other people say ‘why do you not play people who are 17 and win the league?’ “We are already very young and Jack Wilshere will play a part in our season, but not the whole season. He is 17 years old.”

Enough said on that, hope that keeps the press content for a while. I believe we have a unique chance this season to challenge for the title. The lads are roaring to go and with the experience of the last two seasons behind them, they ought to be able to give it a go early on.

Arsene reckons it will be the most open race for years and that the ambition is to finish as high as possible. He says;

“In the Premier League, the target is to always be over 82 points if you want to win the championship. In a league of that quality, you need to win at least 25 games.”

The difference between the top four last year was not just goals conceded but in the number of home wins. Champions Manchester United came away with 16 while the best of the rest could only garner 13 wins. BBC Sport football pundit Mark Lawrenson gives us his views on Arsenal ahead of the new Premier League season. The major expectation is for the team to win a trophy. He also pointed out that we have too many similar players in our team but miss the grit and character of the Adam’s years

Elsewhere Emmanuel Eboue says he’s honoured to be linked with Barcelona. He is cautious in his remarks as after the brouhaha that was Fiorentina and Atletico Madrid, he’s still an Arsenal player!

I think we may be lining up in our new third kit today as our away kit would clash with Everton’s home kit. If you still haven’t got yours, you can visit the Arsenal Online Store or Kitbag for international deliveries.

For those of you who love the stats, Arsenal have only lost at Goodison Park four times in 17 Premier League games. Everton were walloped 4-1 on the opening day of the season at Goodison Park in 2004 and the same scoreline was repeated on Merseyside, in December 2007.

The Toffees are kicking off their Premier League campaign at Goodison Park for the sixth successive year, but have lost four of those matches. (good sign for us then) while Arsenal have only lost one opening day Premier League fixture in 15 years, a 1-0 reverse at Sunderland in 2000.

Arsenal were the top scoring away team in the Premier League in 2008-09, with 37 goal and are on a 12-match run away in the Premier League away since their 3-0 loss to Man City on November 22, 2008.

Your Verdict?

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit.

Please visit http://arsenalnigeria.com/thegreengooner/
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by galatico(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2009
Mission Imposbile!!!
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by chidichris(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2009
dreams! dreams!! dreams!!!
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by rockyfela(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
Spanish press always spining new stories evryday about cesc to barca. We all know he is not leaving anytime soon. He is the captain and arsenal as a squad is built around him. I hope we can do it this season. Eboue linked to barca, lwkmd. big ups gunners.
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by hollandis(f): 3:15am On Aug 17, 2009
BECAUSE OF 6-1 impossible
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by davidif: 5:34am On Aug 17, 2009
ha ha ha ha ha, this is funny, i am an arsenal fan but we can only dream of this ever happening he he he but it would only be a fantasy for a while. Either way sha, we already have our own Messi, his name is Andriy Arshavin and we are content with him.
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by slimshay(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2009
arsene wenger is not interested in messi, he was only cracking a joke with journalists, was trying to tell them its as impossible for barca to get cesc now as it is for him to get messi, geddit!
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
Before I take the time to reply, I have something not very nice to say to you.

You are an idiot!

<mukina please forgive me>
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Uche2nna(m): 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
~Gooner~:

You are an idiot!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ ABD77

You remind me of Abuzola. . .I wonder what he's been up to today.

Now back to my reply,

~Gooner~:

You are an idiot!

Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
I'll spell it out line by line

1. If you took the time to read the topic, you would see that there was a question mark at the end of it. It reads Lionel Messi To Arsenal? and not Lionel Messi To Arsenal!. . .get it?

2. It would interest you to note that I copied the post from my b**g. I've been told not to advertise here. I wrote the entire article too! It was a rhetorical question designed to first attract attention to the joke Wenger was making.

3. Arsenalshorts.com is not my website nor is it an advert site. You claim to be an Arsenal fan and you don't even know about it. You are incredible shocked

4. You claim to be able to give information but you can't even spell properly and you keep typing in all caps like a scammer.

5. I'm not trying to attack you but the evidence is glaring as to who is looking sheepish.

Now if you were a Spud I'd understand and let if fly but you claim to be a Gooner hence the retorts.

Ok?
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by ABD77: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2009
Thank u mr lecturer 'go take 'gooner' collect money from bank'
I blive wen u type fast u make some t.graphcical errors.am not surprised it is ur way off life ; looking for mistakes of others and missing ur own goodies.
u still have alot of things to learn about life.
PLS GO AND READ ARTICLES ON Emotional Intelligence and understand how to react to people's opinion.
When u see something that's beneficial to others do u keep to urself or share it.
Wait , dont answer, cos ur answer is 'I WILL KEEP IT'. But dat is selfishness
IF U ARE NOT FLEXIBLE IN LIFE , BUT RIGID AND SAY THIS AND THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE .IN LIFE PEOPLE HAVE LEFT STATUS QUO, THEY ARE EMBRACING INFO ANYHOW & ANYWHERE PROVIDED IS USEFUL. THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT COME FROM.
THE INFO THAT MADE ME TO HAVE VIRTUAL VISA CARD THAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR FOR MONTHS WAS NOT POSTED ON BUSINESS SECTION [/b]OF YAHOO MESSENGER BUT ON [b]ROMANCE AND IT WAS USEFUL FOR ME 2DAY.
I HAVE BOUGHT A LOT OF THINGS ONLINE WITH MY VIRTUAL VISA DEBIT AND I SUBSCRIBED TO TV.ARSENAL.COM WITH THE VIRTUAL CARD. I STILL BELIEVE THAT MANY MORE THINGS WILL BE BOUGHT THRU THE INTERNET WITH MY CARD SO IF  I HAD CRITICISED THE MAN WHO POSTED THE HIS BUSINESS LINK ON ROMANCE FORUM WLD I HAD BENEFITED FROM THE LINK ? THE ANSWER IS NO!
U BETTER COME OF UR CLOSET!!!, Gooner!
THAT NOT WISTANDING, WE ARE STILL ONE FAMILY.
GUNNERS 4LIFE!!!
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
ABD77:

Thank u mr lecturer 'go take 'gooner' collect money from bank'
I blive wen u type fast u make some t.graphcical errors.am not surprised it is ur way off life ; looking for mistakes of others and missing ur own goodies.
u still have alot of things to learn about life.
PLS GO AND READ ARTICLES ON Emotional Intelligence and understand how to react to people's opinion.
When u see something that's beneficial to others do u keep to urself or share it.
Wait , dont answer, cos ur answer is 'I WILL KEEP IT'
IF U ARE NOT FLEXIBLE IN LIFE , BUT RIGID AND SAY THIS AND THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE IN LIFE PEOPLE HAVE LEFT STATUS QUO THEY ARE EMBRACING INFO ANYHOW & ANYWHERE PROVIDED IS USEFUL THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT COME FROM.
THE INFO THAT MADE ME TO HAVE VIRTUAL VISA CARD THAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR FOR MONTHS WAS NOT POSTED ON BUSINESS SECTION [/b]OF YAHOO MESSENGER BUT ON [b]ROMANCE AND IT WAS USEFUL FOR ME 2DAY.
I HAVE BOUGHT A LOT OF THINGS ONLINE WITH MY VIRTUAL VISA DEBIT AND I SUBSCRIBED TO TV.ARSENAL.COM WITH THE VIRTUAL CARD. I STILL BELIEVE THAT MANY MORE THINGS WILL BE BOUGHT THRU THE INTERNET WITH MY CARD SO IF I HAD CRITICISED THE MAN WHO POSTED THE HIS BUSINESS LINK ON ROMANCE FORUM WLD I HAD BENEFITED FROM THE LINK ? THE ANSWER IS NO!
U BETTER COME OF UR CLOSET!!!, Gooner!

Your last post is so off point that all I can say is that I don't need a Virtual Visa Debit Card as I have an actual Mastercard!!!

By the way, I think the moderator has deleted your Treble Winning Thread and might just delete this one if the banter keeps going on.
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by ABD77: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
GOONER, U ARE SELFISH!!!
I NEVER MENTIONED UR NAME AND I DIDNT ASK U TO BUY ANYTHIN FROM ME.
AM A NIGERIAN, I LIVE IN NIGERIA SO TO GET CREDIT CARD IN TRHIS COUNTRY IT IS NOT EASY.
BEFORE I FINALY WENT FOR VIRTUAL CARD I HAVE TRIED EVERY THING I COULD TO GET VISA ACCOUNT BUT THE REQUIREMENTS LIKE HAVING CURRENT ACCOUNT, MINIMUM OF 100USD, UTILITY BILLS, PLUS CHARGES ETC DID NOT ALLOW ME TO GET IT DONE LIKE THAT. BUT SINCE AV GOTTEN THE V.V CARD I HAVE BEEN ALRIGHT WITH IT.
MIND U THERE AREMANY OUT THERE WHO WERE IN MY SHOES AND NEED THE INFORMATION.
BUT IF BECAUSE U HAVE ACCESS TO THESE THINGS THAT U DONT WANT OTHERS TO HAVE ACCESS THEN .
I DONT WANT TO TALK TO U ANYMORE.
HOW MANY NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS HAVE MASTER CARDS OR VISA CARDS
DOES IT MEANS BECAUSE U HAVE THE REST SHOULD GO AND SLEEP?
DONT BE SELFISH.
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
I'm not selfish oh!

All you needed to do was ask the right questions.

What do you need a Card for if you don't have the $100. You forget that card is foreign currency denominated.

If you have issues, you can always get a GTBank Mastercard. You simply need to provide two references. The opening balance ($100) and initial card cost ($30). There are no transaction charges though. It is very accessible.

Our original discussion was not about Visa or Mastercards. . .let's keep on point eh?

You are getting more civil by the post.

Let's continue.

Cheers
Re: Lionel Messi To Arsenal? by Gooner2(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
ABD77:

GOONER, U ARE SELFISH!!!
I NEVER MENTIONED UR NAME AND I DIDNT ASK U TO BUY ANYTHIN FROM ME.
AM A NIGERIAN, I LIVE IN NIGERIA SO TO GET CREDIT CARD IN TRHIS COUNTRY IT IS NOT EASY.
BEFORE I FINALY WENT FOR VIRTUAL CARD I HAVE TRIED EVERY THING I COULD TO GET VISA ACCOUNT BUT THE REQUIREMENTS LIKE HAVING CURRENT ACCOUNT, MINIMUM OF 100USD, UTILITY BILLS, PLUS CHARGES ETC DID NOT ALLOW ME TO GET IT DONE LIKE THAT. BUT SINCE AV GOTTEN THE V.V CARD I HAVE BEEN ALRIGHT WITH IT.
MIND U THERE AREMANY OUT THERE WHO WERE IN MY SHOES AND NEED THE INFORMATION.
BUT IF BECAUSE U HAVE ACCESS TO THESE THINGS THAT U DONT WANT OTHERS TO HAVE ACCESS THEN .
I DONT WANT TO TALK TO U ANYMORE.
HOW MANY NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS HAVE MASTER CARDS OR VISA CARDS
DOES IT MEANS BECAUSE U HAVE THE REST SHOULD GO AND SLEEP?
DONT BE SELFISH.

off topic response. Thats all I can say

(1) (Reply)

Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! / Spot The Difference / C.ronaldo Is A Hypocrite A Petulant Nag And He's Deceptive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.