Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. (44874 Views)

LASG To Acquire Surveillance Aircraft To Secure Creeks / Igp Visits Delta State; Conducts Aerial Surveillance Of Creeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 14, 2016
Oba's comment about that lagoon comes to mind
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by staymore: 10:33am On May 14, 2016
Someone from Rivers state should come and educate us about Port Harcourt. The purported oil rich state without development.
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by hresso: 10:36am On May 14, 2016
Now we know where to commit suicide undecided
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by ednut1(m): 10:41am On May 14, 2016
awesome
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by oduastates: 10:42am On May 14, 2016
What you see there are the tourism potentials of yorubaland that we can only start to enjoy when we leave this country.
Peace is wealth
security is wealth
civilisation is wealth.
Omoluabi is wealth.
As beautiful of those wonders of nature are, it has nothing on the creeks and lagoons of Ondo and ogun state.
Nice one naptu.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by amiskurie(m): 10:59am On May 14, 2016
Naptu2 PLS DO ISLANDS IN NIGERIA

SNAKE,BONNY AND SO ON

1 Like

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by flokii: 11:04am On May 14, 2016
Fear go don catch some people with that heading

They'd be like.. Lagoon again? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Rayhutar(m): 11:06am On May 14, 2016
oduastates:
What you see there are the tourism potentials of yorubaland that we can only start to enjoy when we leave this country.
Peace is wealth
security is wealth
civilisation is wealth.
Omoluabi is wealth.
As beautiful of those wonders of nature are, it has nothing on the creeks and lagoons of Ondo and ogun state.
Nice one naptu.
And if your people hear Biafra they will begin to shiver, they have all it take to become a successful country, wonder why they are the ones at the fore front of forcing one Nigeria and calling for massacre of innocent peaceful Biafra protesters, lack of self confidence is your people problem cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by smoothlips(m): 11:08am On May 14, 2016
My next holiday na for Badagry as dollar don high like weed
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by geesilver(m): 11:13am On May 14, 2016
missionmex:
Which of the lagoons them been want put us inside?
3rd mainland side

1 Like

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by 9japride(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2016
Lagos was developed by Nigerian money and hard work of all tribes in Nigeria. So tomorrow now one Gbagi man will now start boasting about Abuja knowing fully well that it was developed with oil money. But Lagos fine o! Hope our leaders in other areas can upgrade their state like Lagos especially those states in d Niger delta due to the beautiful scenery of the water bodies

5 Likes

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Thundeh(m): 11:23am On May 14, 2016
Wow! One of the most educative and informative thread on NL. Keep up the good work bro. But can you extend your documentaries to States like PH and Rivers?

1 Like

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by jogojogo: 11:26am On May 14, 2016
9japride:
Lagos was developed by Nigerian money and hard work of all tribes in Nigeria. So tomorrow now one Gbagi man will now start boasting about Abuja knowing fully well that it was developed with oil money. But Lagos fine o! Hope our leaders in other areas can upgrade their state like Lagos especially those states in d Niger delta due to the beautiful scenery of the water bodies

Have you seen the pictures of lagos before 1914? Was there any entity called Nigeria before 1914?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 11:29am On May 14, 2016
If it was the Niger Delta, these lagoons and creeks will be full of gun carrying militants.

Yeye undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Nobody: 11:30am On May 14, 2016
missionmex:
Which of the lagoons them been want put us inside?
Hahahaha. All of the above. You're crazy funny dude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by copjtels: 11:36am On May 14, 2016
Please I am in my HND Finals to. Round up by August this year,Studying shipping/port management at Certified institute of shipping of Nigerian( Part time) I am an Electrical technician,also a CRAN,Electric and Engine forklift Operator. With over 12years working experience,I. Also have corent Profloaf and Olean training certifications , married with 4 kids, But where I'm working at the moment in Portharcourt Rivers State want to retrench Over five hundred workers this month ending Please can I get genuine information on how to get Canadian Visa for me and my family or any other country where my kind job/skills is profitable . Thanks please help me push to the front I need help now
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by EbukaFran: 11:44am On May 14, 2016
It helps your IPOB people who relocate from their villages in their millions to Yorubaland

kings09:
OK but who d map epp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Capernaum(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2016
Nice.
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Rayhutar(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2016
jogojogo:

Have you seen the pictures of lagos before 1914?
Which 1914, the Brittish defeated the Benin Empire that is colonizing Lagos in 1851, and force them to hand lagos over to them through strong expedition by British royal army in 1850, they make lagos the southern Nigeria capital after moving the capital from Lokoja and Calabar when they capture lagos from Bini empire warriors, they sand filled the island that is water logged and developed it till 1960, that is more than 100yrs of colonization by British. From 1960 till 1991, Lagos continue to be the capital of Nigeria receiving tremendous development from oil windfall for more than 30 years. Abuja is currently been developed by Nigeria oil money, if the Abuja is moved to another location in the future I think that Gwari people will surface from no where and start telling us how they developed Abuja. If Nigeria go back to regionalization, lagos will go to South West, but they should not be taking credit of making lagos what it is today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Nobody: 11:58am On May 14, 2016
staymore:
Someone from Rivers state should come and educate us about Port Harcourt. The purported oil rich state without development.
Port Harcourt is even develop compared to delta.

2 Likes

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by missionmex(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2016
geesilver:

3rd mainland side
that one is not deep na.
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by kings09(m): 12:02pm On May 14, 2016
Why don't u tel dat ur masters ( d Fulanis) @least ipob r peaceful ppl. #FulaniSlave
EbukaFran:
It helps your IPOB people who relocate from their villages in their millions to Yorubaland

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by missionmex(m): 12:04pm On May 14, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Hahahaha. All of the above. You're crazy funny dude.
that's why I seldom fall sick. Happy always whatever the condition.

1 Like

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Fabulosdave01: 12:08pm On May 14, 2016
omusiliyu:
Lagos Lagos...

a cirry developed by our brothers from the lost tribe of Isreal. In fact, they're the one that fetched all the water to Lagos Lagoon

Lmaooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by jogojogo: 12:12pm On May 14, 2016
Rayhutar:

Which 1914, the Brittish defeated the Benin Empire that is colonizing Lagos in 1851, and force them to hand lagos over to them through strong expedition by British royal army in 1850, they make lagos the southern Nigeria capital after moving the capital from Lokoja and Calabar when they capture lagos from Bini empire warriors, they sand filled the island that is water logged and developed it till 1960, that is more than 100yrs of colonization by British. From 1960 till 1991, Lagos continue to be the capital of Nigeria receiving tremendous development from oil windfall for more than 30 years. Abuja is currently been developed by Nigeria oil money, if the Abuja is moved to another location in the future I think that Gwari people will surface from no where and start telling us how they developed Abuja. If Nigeria go back to regionalization, lagos will go to South West, but they should not be taking credit of making lagos what it is today.

Spare me all these to and fro movement. My question is simple and has not changed. How was Lagos before 1914? I guess before 1914, you have the entity call NIGERIA talk more of the oil that was discovered four decades after 1914. At least certainly, Lagos was developed even before 1914 and I know there was nothing call Nigeria nor the OIL you screen about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by naptu2: 12:13pm On May 14, 2016
Rayhutar:

Which 1914, the Brittish defeated the Benin Empire that is colonizing Lagos in 1851, and force them to hand lagos over to them through strong expedition by British royal army in 1850,

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is so funny! What do you know about:

1) The Lagos Civil War of 1845-1851?

2) The treaty of cessation of August 6, 1861?

3) The Idejo?

4) The Popo Aguda?

5) The Saros?

People just make things up and try and pass it off as genuine history.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 14, 2016
missionmex:
that's why I seldom fall sick. Happy always whatever the condition.
wink wink That's fantastic.

2 Likes

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 14, 2016
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

3) The Idejo?

4) The Popo Aguda?

5) The Saros?

baba educate us on this please
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by masseratti: 12:51pm On May 14, 2016
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

3) The Idejo?

4) The Popo Aguda?

5) The Saros?

please, ignore that guy, but A brief history on what you listed will be welcomed.

More mb to your data.

6 Likes

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Rayhutar(m): 1:11pm On May 14, 2016
jogojogo:

Spare me all these to and fro movement. My question is simple and has not changed. How was Lagos before 1914? I guess before 1914, you have the entity call NIGERIA talk more of the oil that was discovered four decades after 1914. At least certainly, Lagos was developed even before 1914 and I know there was nothing call Nigeria nor the OIL you screen about.
Before 1914, Lagos was a small community trading route used by Bini empire to trade with Portuguese and also ship the captured slaves to North America, The Bini empire called lagos, Eko and white colonizers changed the name to lagos. Before the defeat of Bini empire in Eko, Eko is just a riverline community inhabited mainly by Aworis, Egun, Yorubas and Ijaws. Before the advent of oil, the British developed lagos with money from, Cocoa, Coal mining in Enugu, Rubber plantation from Ondo, Bendel and Abia, Palm oil sales from Ondo and Eastern Nigeria. The entire lagos Island was sand filled by British and they built lagos for more more 100 years from 1851 when they seize it and annex it from Binis, and they built lagos with money from all their colonizing territories in Southern protectorate which include the present day SW,SE,SS and some part of NC (former middle belt) part of Nigeria before the amalgamation in 1914.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by FisifunKododada: 1:16pm On May 14, 2016
Lagos is beautiful - no wonder Ibos are jealous of Yoruba grin
Re: Lagoons, Rivers, Creeks And Other Waterways In Lagos. by Rayhutar(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2016
FisifunKododada:
Lagos is beautiful - no wonder Ibos are jealous of Yoruba grin
Nobody is jealous of Yoruba, Lagos is not =Yoruba, lagos have other indigenous tribes like Ijaws, Egun and Aworis, Lagos is no man's land ,under one Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing / What's Your Experience With The Worst Friend You've Ever Had? / Made In Nigeria, English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.