Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? (6745 Views)

Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi / Latest Get unlimited data On Airtel For 200#....works only with 2g / All You Need To Know About Airtel Freebasics.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 10:39am On May 14, 2016
With so much news about this "amazing innovation", I decided to give it a try this morning but nothing worked. Perhaps I am missing something or not doing something right.

I also tried to download the app from the playstore but they said it is not available in my country *shucks* but then I goan apk link, downloaded it and still nothing

I got these instructions from Airtel but that also came to naught
"Follow these steps to use Free Basics:
On your airtel phone, go to your phone’s settings.
Turn on mobile data. Don’t worry, Free Basics won’t deduct airtime from your balance.
Go to the internet on your phone browser
Type: www.freebasics.com
Click “Continue” to accept the Terms. Now you can use Free Basics! "

http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africarevamp/nigeria/home/personal/internet/services/free-basics

Please to those that have tried it and it worked, what did you do and how. Please feel to share screenshots and the likes

CC: elfico

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Kyase(m): 10:45am On May 14, 2016
Only works on opera mini

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by breeze23: 10:53am On May 14, 2016
Mynd44:
With so much news about this "amazing innovation", I decided to give it a try this morning but nothing worked. Perhaps I am missing something or not doing something right.

I also tried to download the app from the playstore but they said it is not available in my country *shucks* but then I goan apk link, downloaded it and still nothing

I got these instructions from Airtel but that also came to naught
"Follow these steps to use Free Basics:
On your airtel phone, go to your phone’s settings.
Turn on mobile data. Don’t worry, Free Basics won’t deduct airtime from your balance.
Go to the internet on your phone browser
Type: www.freebasics.com
Click “Continue” to accept the Terms. Now you can use Free Basics! "

http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africarevamp/nigeria/home/personal/internet/services/free-basics

Please to those that have tried it and it worked, what did you do and how. Please feel to share screenshots and the likes

CC: elfico
Open your operamini, type internet.org. and you good to go
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 11:20am On May 14, 2016
breeze23:
Open your operamini, type internet.org. and you good to go
Okay. It worked but cant login to nairaland
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by ExAngel007(f): 11:33am On May 14, 2016
working freeee for me
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by dominique(f): 11:42am On May 14, 2016
So darn boring! you can't view pictures or post comments. I'd rather stick with data option
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by ExAngel007(f): 11:48am On May 14, 2016
dominique:
So darn boring. you can't view pictures or post comments. I'd rather stick to data option
that is for facebook alone but other sites like nairaland, bbc, goal.com etc... work fine for me
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 14, 2016
dominique:
So darn boring. you can't view pictures or post comments. I'd rather stick to data option
Mynd44:

Okay. It worked but cant login to nairaland
Contrarily it works. That's what I have been using to surf nairaland non-stop on my opera browser for a couple of days. And yes, you can post comments and view pictures unhindered.

Heck, I even changed my image quality to high. It only requires that you place nairaland appropriately inside the freebasics link.

Just click on my profile to get the right placement on my signature (I would have posted the link right here but oga anti-spambot will not be pleased with that).

Cheers.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Fmartin(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:

Contrarily it works. That's what I have been using to surf nairaland non-stop on my opera browser for a couple of days. And yes, you can post comments and view pictures unhindered.

Heck, I even changed my image quality to high. It only requires that you place nairaland appropriately inside the freebasics link.

Just click on my profile to get the right placement on my signature (I would have posted the link right here but oga anti-spambot will not be pleased with that).

Cheers.
does it work on all phones? Especially Nokia phones
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 12:02pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:

Cheers.
How did you login?
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 14, 2016
Fmartin:
does it work on all phones? Especially Nokia phones
Yes. It definitely works on all internet enabled phones - java, symbian, andriod, windows, iphone . . . You name it.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 14, 2016
Mynd44:

How did you login?
The normal way to log unto NL right after clicking the link on my siggy, but you must use operamini.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 12:19pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:

The normal way to log unto NL right after clicking the link on my siggy, but you must use operamini.
That worked. Thanks.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Fmartin(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Drefan2 post=45611273]
Yes. It definitely works on all internet enabled phones - java, symbian, andriod, windows, iphone . . . You name it.() yea true i just tried nd it work only that no pics ....awoof dey pain belle grin
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 14, 2016
Mynd44:

That worked. Thanks.
Anytime.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 12:25pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Fmartin post=45611664][/quote]
I get pictures though

Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Fmartin post=45611664][/quote] Which one of them? NL or facebook?
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 12:26pm On May 14, 2016
I used it to post that scrrenshot
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Fmartin(m): 12:29pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:

Yes. It definitely works on all internet enabled phones - java, symbian, andriod, windows, iphone . . . You name it.
two good heads ar berra than one. Also i need help, i want to creat a new email nd change it with the one on nairaland, bt unfortunately, i forgot the old password coz i lost my phone. With my new phone, i forgot the password.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by dominique(f): 12:30pm On May 14, 2016
ExAngel007:
that is for facebook alone but other sites like nairaland, bbc, goal.com etc... work fine for me

Hmm, I've not tried it with Nairaland. How is the speed like?
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Fmartin(m): 12:33pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:

Which one of them? NL or facebook?
face book... I didnt try nairaland coz i hv forgotten my password only log in as a guest
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 14, 2016
Fmartin:
two good heads ar berra than one. Also i need help, i want to creat a new email nd change it with the one on nairaland, bt unfortunately, i forgot the old password coz i lost my phone. With my new phone, i forgot the password.
Oh, sorry about that. Well, if you are using gmail then that will be a stroll in the park.

Open gmail website, type in your email address, then go to forget password and you will be required to choose among various options of retrieving your password.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 14, 2016
Fmartin:
face book... I didnt try nairaland coz i hv forgotten my password only log in as a guest
Ooops! That's a dead end. Because for you to change your current email which you used in opening your handle, you need to send the change email confirmation to your email inbox through the edit profile option.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Fmartin(m): 12:50pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Drefan2 post=45612115]
Oh, sorry about that. Well, if you are using gmail then that will be a stroll in the park.

Open gmail website, type in your email address, then go to forget password and you will be required to choose among various options of retrieving your password.[/quote ] thanks
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by ExAngel007(f): 12:53pm On May 14, 2016
dominique:

Hmm, I've not tried it with Nairaland. How is the speed like?
fast
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Fmartin post=45612425][/quote] You are welcome.
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by bolaji3071(m): 1:54pm On May 14, 2016
That's what am rocking presently..... Thanks to oga Mark grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 14, 2016
Does it work on pc?
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Mynd44: 2:30pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:

Work with Chrome and Firefox
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Chrisx1x(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2016
Drefan2:
Anytime.
how can i use it to access google?
Re: Have You Been Able To Use Freebasics On Airtel? by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 14, 2016
Mynd44:
Work with Chrome and Firefox
That's great. Noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Package Now 30mb ? / Unlimited D-load On MTN. Not A Cheat. / All Mobile Phone Game Cheats - APP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.