Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Home Remedies To Beat Obesity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Home Remedies To Beat Obesity (18790 Views)

Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? / 8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Obesity Is Fast Increasing In Africa And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by emamos: 11:00am On May 14, 2016
Obesity is the condition in which a person is overweight and has a high degree of body fat.
Obesity is measured by the Body Mass Index (BMI), calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms with your height in meters squared
A person with BMI 25-29 is considered as overweight; if your BMI is between 30 and 40, you are considered as obese. Obesity can lead to various life threatening diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, some cancers, stroke etc. Consumption of more calories and sedentary lifestyle are the major cause for obesity.
It is possible to control obesity or get rid of it using various home remedies and lifestyle changes. The following home remedies will not just control obesity but help you maintain a healthy body and mind.
Green Tea
Green tea has been found to be very effective in weight loss and will help in treating weight loss without any dieting or weight loss pills. Boil the green tea leaves and let it simmer for a few minutes. Drink two to three times a day to see visible results in days.
Apple cider vinegar & lime juice
Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this glass of water on an empty stomach every day for two to three months. You will see visible results as water will keep you hydrated, apple cider vinegar will boost your metabolism and lemon will help in improving the taste of water.
Start your day with honey
Take a teaspoon of honey and mix it in a glass of hot water. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to this water mixture. Drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Repeat daily for two to three months to see an effective weight loss.
Drink hot water
If you have the habit of drinking cold water, try to replace it with warm or appreciably hot water. Hot water will help in eliminating the fat deposits in your body. Drink hot water after every meal and make sure that you leave a gap of half an hour between the food and the water. Never drink water immediately after eating.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/home-remedies-beat-obesity/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by fratermathy(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2016
Obesity is innate. If you have the gene, trust me, NO HOME, LOCAL or INTERNATIONAL remedy can help your case!!!

I dedicate this FTC to Jasysandra cheesy Happy Birthday Mon Coeur!
I wrote her a tribute here: https://www.nairaland.com/3105057/tribute-sandra-james-event-birthday

Look at this article on nairaland and comment smiley
Title: We Say We Want Change Yet...
https://www.nairaland.com/3105327/say-want-change-yet-mathias

Password: Lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by romzyjoe(m): 4:14pm On May 14, 2016
Nice tips.... noted
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 14, 2016
Nice one...
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by debbie(f): 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
My take.
1.Eat more of fruits and veggie
2.Reduce starchy food
3.Do more of exercise
4.STOP junk food and fatty snack
5.Engage your time and mind with meaningful things
6.Disciple your meal time....eat when necessary
7.Reduce intake of carbonated drinks

Finally...dont starve yourself. grin grin grin grin grin grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by olive282(f): 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
cry
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Ndkings1(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
this Buhari regime is an elixir enough to make one lose weight tremendously.... I am a testimony.

quote me if I'm lying

ND Kings The Don

3 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by ojdollars(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
Very true
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by MrAboki: 4:16pm On May 14, 2016
Who is Remedy?
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Edubrazilnwa(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2016
hehehehhehehe who go fat go fat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Rapsowdee01(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2016
I finally have hope !!! Ope ooo
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Youngetskilz23(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2016
nothing beats skipping rope..... the best method on earth.. jumping rope... to all the obessed people reading this, try it. GL

5 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Ada9103(f): 4:18pm On May 14, 2016
okkkk....thanks
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by InvertedHammer: 4:19pm On May 14, 2016
emamos:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/home-remedies-beat-obesity/
/
Simple.

Stop shoving things down your mouth and do regular exercise.

It doesn't sound like a rocket science.
\

2 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by ebig21(m): 4:19pm On May 14, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by SolarWizard: 4:19pm On May 14, 2016
Great !
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
Using home remedies to cure sickness and diseases is the best. Believe me!
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 14, 2016
No home cure. Calories in < Calories out.

So eat less. Exercise more.

Simple fact.

1 Like

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Reminez(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2016
Lol ...Green tea ko pink coffee .
All you need to reduce your weight is life style modifications . Eat less ( calorie restrictions ) + Adequate exercise.
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by yomalex(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by tayo200(m): 4:23pm On May 14, 2016
.the next person to comment after me will be our president in d nearest future..na me say so
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by NaijaQT(f): 4:26pm On May 14, 2016
Reduce your plate size to 8 inches. Your stomach will accommodate and become smaller as a result.
Eat healthful snacks. This actually helps and maintains your metabolism between meals.
Exercise at least 3 days a week.
Just my 2 cents tongue

2 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by link2ok(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2016
The guy 2 steps above me

A woman wuldnt b d president. So officially am going to be the President of Nigeria someday and she would be my vice or the first lady.

Let me check her profile, I wuld be back .

3 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Holamide222(f): 4:29pm On May 14, 2016
Alright
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by NaijaQT(f): 4:30pm On May 14, 2016
tayo200:
.the next person to comment after me will be our president in d nearest future..na me say so
Yay, 1st female president! grin
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 14, 2016
My own home remedy:

1. A jump rope.
2. A floor.
3. Basic exercises: pushups, situps, chair dips and squats.

I eat anything I want sofar I perform the exercises like they're menial jobs aimed at feeding my children.
Obesity is not a gene. Half-baked Nigerian graduates should stop spreading hearsay.

2 Likes

Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by abbey621(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2016
The mistake a lot of you make is the assumption that obesity is caused just by physical factors, this is absolutely incorrect! Genetics and emotional imbalances are also factors. For an emotional eater, no amount of home remedies will work and for the obesity brought on by genetics, it could lead to a life of being miserable as such a person must spend their entire life staying away from the simple things we enjoy in life.E.g- try eating only vegetables or going vegan all your life in the Nigerian setting,no jollof,amala or even bread grin grin grin
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by lielbree: 4:33pm On May 14, 2016
We all now the rules... sticking to other is always the issue
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by poksmahn(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2016
how can i add weight ??
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by destinykthkeith: 4:35pm On May 14, 2016
Regular exercise, avoid junk food, eat plenty veggies, drink lots of water, eat plenty of fruits like kiwi,fresh tomatoes, lemon, ginger tea, garlic.... etc
Re: Home Remedies To Beat Obesity by petux(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2016
i do skipping rope and i gym but i still have big tummy..its really disqusting!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa Records First Case Of Coronavirus / Court Rules That ‘total Abstinence Is The Best Option’ Must Be Written On Condom / Hypertension: The Silent Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.