Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Sexual Molestation Can't Be Curbed Until Women Start Speaking Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexual Molestation Can't Be Curbed Until Women Start Speaking Up (363 Views)

Student Releases Nude Photos Of UNILAG Lecturer, Laments Repeated Molestation / How To Guide Your Child(ren) Against Molestation / Reason Why Most Women Start Acting Strange During Pregnancy(mood Swing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Molestation Can't Be Curbed Until Women Start Speaking Up by jmoore(m): 11:09am On May 14, 2016
A case study of Queen's College Sexual Molestation Scandal.

The accused was exonerated by the panel because the accuser failed to show up and no evidence to support her accusations were tendered.

While going through the thread that was on the front-page, I saw a lot of comments from folks who know 'friends' that have had bad encounters with the accused teacher.

The ridiculous thing is none of them can come out with any evidence to prove it. Ask them their reasons, they would say "I want to protect my dignity" or "I don't want to be stigmatize".

These folks expect angels to come down from heaven and provide evidence. Please, if you know you can't come out with any evidence to prove that someone molested you then keep quiet.

Sexual molestation would continue to rise until you women start speaking up. Not just speaking up, but with evidence.
Re: Sexual Molestation Can't Be Curbed Until Women Start Speaking Up by Nobody: 11:24am On May 14, 2016
The fact that they don't come out to talk is a symptom of a disease. The disease being the shaming and blaming of sexual!!y abused victims.

Let us treat the disease itself, and the symptoms would go away.
Re: Sexual Molestation Can't Be Curbed Until Women Start Speaking Up by Omotayor123(f): 11:30am On May 14, 2016
I agree with you OP. Most female victim often keep quiet because of the shame and humiliation that tend to follow.

But we should know that Silence is not a good Option.

(1) (Reply)

The Key Things Padypady.com Can Do For You. / UNBELIEVABLE!! Man Threatens To Divorce Wife For THIS Reason?? / Good Cleaning Service Company In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.