Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? (3827 Views)

What Does It Cost To Organise A Talent Show Like Dem Project Fame,naija Sings / Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? / Is Anyone Watching Channel 4: Saving African Witch Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tunde300us(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
They re not complaints,just observations.I am sure the organisers will like to also know where they can improve cos even the oldest reality show still strive to be better,and am sure comments like mine will surely make a fine reading.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Reptyle(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2009
@ Tunde

I agree with u on that audience bit. They should have gotten real judges who know music,
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by jeffoski(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
can people live life with out complaining?lol
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by KikiDixy(f): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2009
Watched my first episode on sunday. Boy, those guys murdered MJ's songs shocked
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
Enough of the MJ memorials already.  angry

Seems every singing reality show feel they must dedicate an episode to MJ.

People just cant sing MJ's songs. MJ's songs are MJ's songs and if anyone must sing them, then they ought to sing it in another way. Any attempt at doing it like MJ brings failure and thats what happened on saturday.

The only ppl that did theirs well were Tamara, Tarila and Shim.

Dont know why the guest commentators were going on about how well Ovie and Riola did . In my own opinion, they both did the MJ's songs a dis-service
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by beeswax: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
soloqy:

Enough of the MJ memorials already. angry

Seems every singing reality show feel they must dedicate an episode to MJ.

People just cant sing MJ's songs. MJ's songs are MJ's songs and if anyone must sing them, then they ought to sing it in another way. Any attempt at doing it like MJ brings failure and thats what happened on saturday.

I couldnt agree with you more soloqy

soloqy:

The only ppl that did theirs well were Tamara, Tarila and Shim.

Dont know why the guest commentators were going on about how well Ovie and Riola did . In my own opinion, they both did the MJ's songs a dis-service

I beg to differ (still respect ur opinion though) Ovie, Tamara & Riola were the only ones who did MJ's songs in their own way and to me it worked. The rest were busy "copying" the king of pop and failed miserably

tarila disappointed me, after last weeks performance i was expecting so much this week sad
didnt see goodness, hope she's gone for good grin

what da heck was their customier on? Most of the custumes were WACK!!! and those hats were ridiculous & who was wearing a surgical glove shocked

steve, shim & the angelic voices have gotta go, sheesh!!!!! tongue
dont understand wat jon was up to on that stage, he made a mockery of "dont stop till u get enuff"
the king of pop must be turning in his casket
embarassed undecided cry
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2009
beeswax:

I beg to differ (still respect your opinion though) Ovie, [b]Tamara & Riola were the only ones who did MJ's songs in their own way and to me it worked. The rest were busy "copying" the king of pop and failed miserably

At least we agree on one person that did it right , Tamara.

tarila disappointed me, after last weeks performance i was expecting so much this week sad
didnt see goodness, hope she's gone for good grin

I dont know how it happened, i just noticed she wasnt in the line up when i tuned in. Did she leave on her own or what. Maybe i missed that part.

steve, shim & the angelic voices have gotta go, sheesh!!!!! tongue
dont understand wat jon was up to on that stage, he made a mockery of "dont stop till u get enuff"
the king of pop must be turning in his casket [/b] embarassed undecided cry

Steve definitely should leave next but shim should stay a little longer. She has a good voice but she is very dull and uninteresting(though very pretty). She needs to be a little livelier.

Jon overestimated his vocal abilities in choosing that song. I mean, it was like listening to a kid making a scratching noise on a metal surface. Eeeeeehhh .

Angelic voices? Well, i always felt they have an advantage over the rest cause each of them can find their range in any given song and thus remain comfortable in undulating points of a song.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by beeswax: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2009
well well well, 2 out of 3 of my predicted exits proved true
thank goodness steve is gone, angelic voices sorry but ur outdated looks and style of singing just didnt cut it
glad dannielove got anoda chance, d guy is good

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shim survives anoda week shocked girl ur days r numbered
her performance was just dull dis week, d funny thing is she actually can sing but she needs to control her voice & she needs to learn to connect with her audience

for me victor was d star of d day, his rendition of joromi was really nice & his dancing was great to watch
other stand outs were tarila,riola & tamara
jon can sing but i think most ppl r voting cos d dude is handsome grin

christy essien gave d most honest and constructive critism till date
here goes anoda week of voting
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Reptyle(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2009
Jon: His rendition of Mike Okri's classic was averagely ok. Nothing fantastic. I think the dudes voice needs some MANning up. he has been getting by on his "fine boi" steez more than his singing capability.

Tarila:
Made Felix Lebarty's classic "Ifeoma" come alive again. Flawlessly and effortlessly too. A great improvement over his colourless MJ performance last week.

Victor: [/b]Another great performance from this dude. He seems to be doing everything so well at this time. I liked the way he played around with "Joromi" originally done by Victor Uwaifo and came out unscathed.
[b]
Tamara:
I think this lady is just in a class of her own. Great performance again even though I think she has an unfair advantage over the others by virtue of the fact that she has prior experience as a stage performer and back-up singer. Christy Essien must have been quite proud of the way she did justice to her classic "Seun Rere."

Ovie: This lady, in my opinion,  is yet to bring out her full potential. All her performances have been a little above average, but not as wow as i thot they would be after I heard her performance during the auditions. She still fails to own the stage during her performances and struggles to connect with the crowd on each occassion. Fair performance.

Shim: For me, this lady has been the greatest under-achiever in the competition so far. though she is blessed with a uniquely powerful voice, she is too self-conscious on stage, thus stifling her vocal capability and smothering her performance. She needs to gain some confidence on the stage and allow her voice come out. Her performance of Sonny Okosun's "Mother and Child" ranks along with Jon's performance as the poorest of the week in my opinion.

Riola:[/b]As bubbly and effervescent as ever. Perhaps a little too much for her own good. She oozes confidence and charisma on stage. But in my opinion, she gets too carried away with "performing" as opposed to actually "singing" most times. She really needs to strike a balance between both. Her rendition of Bobby Benson's (was it he or Victor Olaiya that did that song) evergreen "Taxi Driver" was averagely ok. A few squeaks and off-notes here and there. But overtly, her best performance since the competition started.
[b]
Danny-Luv:
This guy has made me eat my words about his non-versatility as regards his voice. I was earlier of the opinion that his voice texture would cause him to be restricted to doing certain kinds of songs as trying something outside of his comfort zone would spell disaster. But, listening to him perform Nico Mbarga's monster hit, "Sweet Mother", I have cause to believe I may have been too hasty in reaching that conclusion. His performance was definitely one of my highlights of the day.

On the whole, all of the performers gave it their best. If I was asked to vote two people out, it would be Jon and Shim. If I was forced to eliminate just one performer, it would be Jon. Nothing personal, but I just think he needs to give his voice a chance to mature. perhaps in two years, he will be ready.

Please vote for your favourite to stay on the show,
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by beeswax: 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2009
ovie kicked out with dannielove shocked
shim still stays to deliver another lack lustre performance angry angry
na wa o, arent pple voting?
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2009
Ovie and Dannielove, should be there in the top 6.

They are better than jon and shim.

I think this show is going to throw up an undeserving person as the winner.

Cause as long as the persons friends and family and neighbours keep voting, he/she would remain in the game.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Reptyle(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2009
I already told y'all that Jon is just getting by on his "fine boy" steez. The ladies love him. Shim on the other hand is probably getting all the support from back home cos I just can't explain how she has survived this far.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by BATHGUYS: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
roila rocks she is indeed what we r looking out 4 in a star
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
BATH GUYS:

roila rocks she is indeed what we r looking out 4 in a star

Enthusiastic and bubbly? yes but she cant sing like Tamara does
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by mystikal(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
If those guys at Project Fame really do have Tutors like I'm meant 2 believe, then they're just average singers afterall. D Naija sings peops if without tutors are quite cool. Watch XFactor or American Idol, and perceive what Tutors are meant 2 achieve.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by mystikal(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by dearmi: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2009
PLEASE WE SHOULD TRY AS MUCH AS WE CAN TO APPRECIATE THOSE PERFORMING IN THE NAIJA SINGS SHOW.
ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY
@ RIOLA SHE IS VERY OKAY AND MOVES THE CROWD BUT HAVE TO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE SHE IS ALREADY LOSING FOCUS DUE TO THE CHEERING FROM THE AUDIENCE.
@TAMARA SHE IS VERY MUCH OK AND HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN.
@JON HE ALMOST MADE ME CRY IN HIS LAST PERFORMANCE BECAUSE I WAS NOT FEELING HIM.
@TARILA KEEP ROCKING THAT IS YOUR STYLE
THE LAST GUY CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME,YOU ARE GOOD
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST,REMEMBER ITS A COMPETITION ONLY ONE PERSON HAVE TO GO HOME WITH THE CASH.
I WISH YOU ALL LUCK.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by dearmi: 8:58am On Sep 15, 2009
YOU ALL ALL GREAT KEEP IT ALL
NAIJA PEOPLE LETS LEARN TO APPRECIATE OURSELVES.
RIOLA,TAMARA,JON,TARILA AND THE LAST GUY KEEP ON ROCKING BUT REMEMBER ITS A COMPETITION THE WINNER GOES HOME WITH THE DOLLARS
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by spicywax(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2009
mystikal:

If those guys at Project Fame really do have Tutors like I'm meant 2 believe, then they're just average singers afterall. D Naija sings peops if without tutors are quite cool. Watch XFactor or American Idol, and perceive what Tutors are meant 2 achieve.

WORD!

Tamara any day, anytime 4 me,
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Reptyle(m): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2009
I can't believe Jon won Naija Sings. He couldn't believe it either. I guess Tarila and Tamara's fans didn't vote enough. I pray he will do some work on his voice so he doesn't go disgracing us on the international scene. Good luck to him. smiley smiley
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
Tarila, Tamara, Victor and Riola are better than Jon. Jon should have finished like 5th place.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by upchair(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2009
Fellow Nairalanders,

It is very sad the way Naija Sings ended. Jon did not deserve to win AT ALL. Jon himself said he expected

Tamara or Tarilla to win.  Then again that is PHONE VOTING for you. I think people voted for Jon to a large extent

based on his good looks. That is being sentimental.

However if we TRULY want to be objective, Tamara and Tarilla are much better singers than Jon. Jon has a lot of

work to do if he hopes to go far in the music industry.

Tamara for example is a world class singer. Like Olu Maintain asked her: Where had she been all this while. Her

voice is full of power. She has charisma, elegance  & stage presence. She is an all rounder.

Tarilla himself is much better than Jon. His personal song that he sang was lovely. He is not bad either.

Personally I expected Tamara to win followed closely by Tarilla and then Jon.

Another upsetting thing was that no consolation prize was given to Tamara and Tarilla. I think that was very wrong.

However, one thing I do know is this: This is the beginning of the road for Tamara & Tarilla into the Nigerian Music

Industry. More importantly I see Tamara going on the international stage as time goes on. Like Olu Maintain said,

The Music Industry is waiting for her (Tamara)  regardless of the fact that she did not win Naija Sings and I believe

that. She is too hot to for the local and international music industry to Ignore.

I also do hope that in subsequent seasons of Naija Sings, voters will be more objective than sentimental when they

vote and that the organizers will give consolation prizes to the 1st and 2nd runner ups.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Akpangbon: 9:07am On Oct 04, 2009
Jon did not deserve to WIN, at all. His singles will not sell compared to that of Tarila. Tarila should have won, followed by Tamara, but for Jon, no way. When he was declared winner, i instantly switched the channel, why, he did not deserve to win.

Looks and Talents - which one do people prefer? Looks, i cant see what looks he has, talent, he isint the best.

I am sure with good tutorship, Tarila and Tamara will go better places.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by shayoor(f): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2009
@ Akpangbon, you are right,Jon did not deserve to win
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by drharry: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
Akpangbon:

Jon did not deserve to WIN, at all. His singles will not sell compared to that of Tarila. Tarila should have won, followed by Tamara, but for Jon, no way. When he was declared winner, i instantly switched the channel, why, he did not deserve to win.

Looks and Talents - which one do people prefer? Looks, i cant see what looks he has, talent, he isint the best.

I am sure with good tutorship, Tarila and Tamara will go better places.

Well, i think its not fair to say he did not deserve it. All three deserved to have won as they worked hard to get to the final but the final winner had to be chosen by voting. i guess he was just lucky. I wish everyone of them success as they enter the Nigerian music scene. Only time will tell who will make it big.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by allycat: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
I liked Tarilas voice but I will not pay money to go and watch him in a show. Ditto for Tamara. The truth is that the people who vote for realty shows religiously are younger people, Jon is young, fine and with a good song writer and, great production he will outsell the other two. Thats why he won he appeals more to young people.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by thynu: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2009
Haba guyz, Tarila is the worst of all , No swagger nothin he's just like stone ,
Tamara is aiight , she got it goinand she picks most difficult songs bt littl bit agressive .dat 's understandable for naija RNB no dey sell
BT Jon, i love him , so charmin and cool im was so glad wen he won and sorri Riola was voted out ,

Niaja sing ROCK
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by thynu: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2009
@ allycat you are highly correct , Jon is so young just like chris brown and he got it goin on , another thin abt him is so repectful n stil didnt believe he could win, happy for him thou my votes wasnt in vain
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Akpangbon: 10:46am On Oct 07, 2009
Talent and looks- which one do you look at?

Comapre the singles Jon, Tamara and Tarila came with. Which one in your honest opinion will sell the more? Forget about swagger, forget about looks, no be dose things person wan chop, and how do you define looks anyway - with a K leg and, what looks is there? you must be blind.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by eloquent(m): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
The show is ended & our 9ja Idol is enjoying his doe, lol! All ya h8ers, chop sheet, nothing we human beings no go ever cmplain. U don't just criticize, u h8 on peeps buh hu cares, Jon rocks!!
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tpia5: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2013
never heard of the show, but, i watched little mermaid again recently and i realized just how much singing is a major theme in the movie?

wonder how i missed it before.

very strongly reminiscent of singing in the rain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The First Cinema ‘FILMHOUSE’ Opens In Ibadan. / Checkout The Nollywood Actress With The Biggest Butt / The Original-season4(episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.