Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Experience The Love Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experience The Love Of God (292 Views)

If As A Christian, You Have Never Experience The Holy Ghost, Then You Are Fake.. / Is This The Love Christianity Preach? (photos) / If The Soul Is Immaterial How Does It Experience The 'heat' Of Hell ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Experience The Love Of God by yommyuk: 7:56pm On May 14, 2016
Scripture says that God loves us, and the cross proves it. Sadly, though, this is only an intellectual truth for many believers, rather than an experiential one. The problem is not with the Lord, but with the individual’s capacity to sense His care.

One hindrance may be the tendency to measure divine love by life’s circumstances. When the heavenly Father allows tragedies and pain, some consider Him uncaring. The age-old question then becomes very personal: “How could a loving God allow me or those I care about to suffer?” We’ll never fully understand His ways, but we can know that His compassion and concern are bigger than the suffering of the whole world, and in the fullness of time, He will make all things right.

A sense of personal unworthiness can also obstruct the acceptance of God’s love. Focusing on past sins and moral failures or comparing yourself with others will lead to guilt and hopelessness. Satan specializes in promoting these self-condemning thoughts and feelings in the heart. The Lord never says, “Straighten up, and then I’ll care about you.” Remember that divine love is based on God’s character, not on our performance.

Unbelief is the root of all barriers to experiencing God’s love. When we deny His interest and concern for us, we doubt the truth of Scripture.

The Lord wants each of us to experience His great love in a personal and intimate way. Don’t let the enemy’s lies or life’s hardships steal the enjoyment and security of this great blessing. When doubts arise, rely on the truth of God’s Word. He loves you. Believe it, and eventually you will feel it.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 John 4:8
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Being A Waste Disposal Dude Ain't The Problem! / How To Destroy Ignorance And The Ills Of Life / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.