Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan (3306 Views)

SMILE 4G MIFI FOR SALE@ GIVEAWAY PRICE / My Smile Modem Is Not Coming Help Pls / Smile 4G LTE Internet Data Plans, Bundles & Subscription Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan by Rhaspody(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2016
[code][/code]When I heard that Smile is now in Onitsha, I was very happy. I said to my self " Finally I can play battlefield 4 multiplayer without worrying about MTN dropping their speed on me in the middle of a game". The day I went to buy the SIM card and mobile Hotspot, I was very excited and even told the sales person not to bother advertising how fast Smile is. I saw a constant 2MBps speed that night and I was just smiling asi was getting headshots and multi-kills in battlefield 4.

That was last two months and time for me to update most of my outdated games cos of no data. I was particulaly drawn to the unlimited plan

I subscribe for unlimited data plan with my ISP. Immediately I paid the 20k for the suscripton, I opened speedtest.net to check their speed. and I was seeing 500kbs. Meanwhile MTN was giving me 3-4 MBps. They throttled my connection from day one and it keeps getting worse from there. I wasn't getting what was advertised. I have spent almost 1000 naira calling their customer care and called to complain and they said i was a heavy user and that ive used past their fair usage policy which is 60GB. I tried explaining to them that my sped was throttled from the first day i stared using the plan bu nothing came out of it.. This is my first time of using this particular ISP. How would they say that i'm a heavy user when I have not even started downloading anything.

Right now i'm seeing between 70 - 80 kbs and whenever I see that speed i just wished i gave MTN my 20k for their new 50GB plan.
Bottom line Smile Communications is running a scam operation with their "Unlimited plan". If you planned on doing it in the future please I'm begging you dont fall a victim of their false advertisement.

Its better you armed robbers met me on the road and looked into my eyes as they are stealing my money than for those criminals to rob me and lie about it.

You can help stop this by signing this petiton https://www.change.org/p/nigerian-communications-commission-stop-smile-communication-nigeria-from-swindling-users-through-false-advertisement

PLEASE ADMINS PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS AND SAVE THEMSELVES FROM MY BIG MISTAKE!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan by saveall: 8:36pm On May 14, 2016
SORRY MAN, SMILE IS JUST THE OPPOSITE OF IT'S NAME. I HAVE TWO OF THEIR EQUIPMENT AND I REGRET. THEY ARE FRAUDULENT, I WISH SWIFT WERE AROUND.
Rhaspody:
[code][/code]When I heard that Smile is now in Onitsha, I was very happy. I said to my self " Finally I can play battlefield 4 multiplayer without worrying about MTN dropping their speed on me in the middle of a game". The day I went to buy the SIM card and mobile Hotspot, I was very excited and even told the sales person not to bother advertising how fast Smile is. I saw a constant 2MBps speed that night and I was just smiling asi was getting headshots and multi-kills in battlefield 4.

That was last two months and time for me to update most of my outdated games cos of no data. I was particulaly drawn to the unlimited plan

I subscribe for unlimited data plan with my ISP. Immediately I paid the 20k for the suscripton, I opened speedtest.net to check their speed. and I was seeing 500kbs. Meanwhile MTN was giving me 3-4 MBps. They throttled my connection from day one and it keeps getting worse from there. I wasn't getting what was advertised. I have spent almost 1000 naira calling their customer care and called to complain and they said i was a heavy user and that ive used past their fair usage policy which is 60GB. I tried explaining to them that my sped was throttled from the first day i stared using the plan bu nothing came out of it.. This is my first time of using this particular ISP. How would they say that i'm a heavy user when I have not even started downloading anything.

Right now i'm seeing between 70 - 80 kbs and whenever I see that speed i just wished i gave MTN my 20k for their new 50GB plan.
Bottom line Smile Communications is running a scam operation with their "Unlimited plan". If you planned on doing it in the future please I'm begging you dont fall a victim of their false advertisement.

Its better you armed robbers met me on the road and looked into my eyes as they are stealing my money than for those criminals to rob me and lie about it.

You can help stop this by signing this petiton https://www.change.org/p/nigerian-communications-commission-stop-smile-communication-nigeria-from-swindling-users-through-false-advertisement

PLEASE ADMINS PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS AND SAVE THEMSELVES FROM MY BIG MISTAKE!!!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan by Turks: 5:25am On May 15, 2016
Sad tale cry
Re: The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan by FXCRAFT: 10:07am On May 20, 2016
Why can't anything work properly in this country. Even the APC (All Promises Cancelled) government is weak to do anything but frustrate the masses.

Op, I'm sorry you were scammed.

(1) (Reply)

Free Text Message Software,display Sender's Name.eg John From Your Mobile To The / Asus X200CA Touch Screen Midi Notebook Laptop 11-inch In Sold❌❌ ❌ / Opening Tagged.com Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.