Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Learning Between Web Designing And Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learning Between Web Designing And Programming (1088 Views)

A Good Laptop For Web Designing And Graphic Designing / Differences Between Web Dev And Dev Ops / What Is The Difference Between Web Design And Web Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by codedvictor(m): 8:15pm On May 14, 2016
Please nairalanders I have been wandering for quite sometime now on which of this should I go for
Learning web designing or learning python programming please anyone who knows about this two should please advise
Re: Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 14, 2016
I just recently added python to my stack...

You should go ahead with web dev first and then learn python and use Django for backend programming of your web apps instead of PHP.. That way, you're good to go, because you'd be able to make stand-alone applications with the python language and also still be able to make fully functional web-apps.

Note: Python is a loosely typed language and is very easy to learn.. Took me about 10 days of serious devotion to learn it.

1 Like

Re: Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by DjAndroid: 8:40pm On May 14, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
I just recently added python to my stack...

You should go ahead with web dev first and then learn python and use Django for backend programming of your web apps instead of PHP.. That way, you're good to go, because you'd be able to make stand-alone applications with the python language and also still be able to make fully functional web-apps.

Note: Python is a loosely typed language and is very easy to learn.. Took me about 10 days of serious devotion to learn it.

I have a little knowledge of Web design, can I go ahead and learn python?

Can I teach myself python?
Re: Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by codedvictor(m): 8:50pm On May 14, 2016
Thanks for your comments but wish of the two will give me more opportunities
Re: Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by Nobody: 12:27am On May 15, 2016
DjAndroid:

I have a little knowledge of Web design, can I go ahead and learn python?

Can I teach myself python?

Absolutely.. You can teach yourself python.

1 Like

Re: Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by Nobody: 12:35am On May 15, 2016
codedvictor:
Thanks for your comments but wish of the two will give me more opportunities

It depends on the country you work in..
In Nigeria, Python is not half as popular as web dev languages like PHP or ASP.NET or even JAVA, so you will most like earn more money in Nigeria as a web developer than a Python developer.

Also take note that web dev languages will most likely take a longer time to learn and requires knowledge of client-side languages like JavaScript to make your web app functional.
For python it's just learn Python and "that's almost all" it can also be used as a server side language through frameworks like Django.
Re: Learning Between Web Designing And Programming by codedvictor(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2016
Thanks I really appreciate your comment

(1) (Reply)

Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library / In Need Of Trading Api Expert / I Could Not Figure It Out Myself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.