Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library (1086 Views)

How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? / Every Windows Developer Needs Scoop: A Command-line Installer For Windows / Please Help Fix My Command Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library by Spyde(m): 7:11am On Feb 14, 2017
please I need some one who can help me out with, how to create a command line application dat can access a certain API, I ve read lots book but still didn't get it,
Re: Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library by SeunLanLege(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2017
Spyde:
please I need some one who can help me out with, how to create a command line application dat can access a certain API, I ve read lots book but still didn't get it,

If there's one thing programmers hate the most, it's being vague.

What api are you trying to access? Have you heard of curl?

2 Likes

Re: Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
SeunLanLege:

If there's one thing programmers hate the most, it's being vague.

What api are you trying to access? Have you heard of curl?

Not just that but ability to even put in effort first
Re: Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library by ChinenyeN(m): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
Spyde, what do you mean by access an API? Do you mean that your command line application will allow you to go online and download APIs or is it that the application serves a purpose or various purposes and it simply leverages one or more APIs to achieve its task?
Re: Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library by lekropasky(m): 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
Will you please elaborate?
Re: Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
ChinenyeN:
Spyde, what do you mean by access an API? Do you mean that your command line application will allow you to go online and download APIs or is it that the application serves a purpose or various purposes and it simply leverages one or more APIs to achieve its task?

i think he means the command line makes an HTTP Call to an API, I would say go with go (no pun intended) it's built for creating utilitty tools like that, I would have said node but you'd have to install God knows how many modules. Golang will give you only 1 exe.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In-app Purchase: How Accepted Is It In Nigeria? / Simple Server 2.0 / Purchasing Apps In A Play Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.