Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track (25458 Views)

Saudi Prince Wants Hyperloop To Slash 10 Hrs Riyadh To Jeddah Trip To 76 Minutes / The First Ever Hyperloop Travel System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Pangea: 4:27am On May 15, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

What's this one saying. Were you abusing with your ignorance reference.?

How can maglev be different from hyperloop when in fact hyperloop itself is maglev based?

Are you serious or you are just pulling my legs?

Like I said, if it's killing you, that's your problem

Magnetic levitation or maglev or air pressure,
Either of the two is still being considered as the component for the propulsion!
So you can't come here and say hyperloop is based on maglev!
Of course magnetic levitation trains and pods are already in existence!
But Hyperloop is still under development.
The video below should open your eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x_IB45ySAQ

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by talktimi(m): 4:29am On May 15, 2016
arresa:

There is nothing new or mysterious about this system, it's already up and running in Israel and India..
hyperloop isn't up and running ANYWHERE in the world especially NOT in Israel and India

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Pangea: 4:30am On May 15, 2016
talktimi:
hyperloop isn't up and running ANYWHERE in the world especially NOT in Israel and India

I don't know where the guy is getting is info from o?
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by YorubaHighness: 4:34am On May 15, 2016
Yorubaland is just too blessed grin

This is what you get from hardworking people, great leadership and peaceful environment.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by talktimi(m): 4:34am On May 15, 2016
Pangea:

me sef tire, i thought by this time he'll stop peddling lies but no way
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by mikolo80: 4:36am On May 15, 2016
CFCman:
At a cost of $13 million per mile (or per 1.6km), the total cost of the project in Lagos will be $325 million or over N64.6bn.
That's like 3/4 of some state budgets shocked cheesy
but 10% of Lagos budget

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by 989900: 5:16am On May 15, 2016
mikolo80:
but 10% of Lagos budget
Plus you split that over 4 years. cheesy

And depending on the contract details, Lagos might be paying next to nothing.

#lasgidi.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by 989900: 5:27am On May 15, 2016
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by oduastates: 6:38am On May 15, 2016
While some are bombing and killing
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by oduastates: 7:03am On May 15, 2016
CFCman:

Mehn!! I can't wait to see what Lagos would be like in 10-12 yrs time. It, alongside Abuja would become the financial/trade centers of Africa.

Moreover, a gentleman's agreement between Lagos and the other 5 SW states could be signed which would stipulate that the Lekki and MMA airports would be the only international passenger airports in the zone. This could maximize the economic viability of both airports.

Abuja is poo.
An artificial welfare capital. A total waste of money
Ibadan,port harcourt,Kano,onitsha have more claims to trade or finance than Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Nobody: 7:05am On May 15, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
How far on those projects? Eko Atlantic like 10 years now.
Government has done it's part on the Eko Atlantic city, what is left is totally to the Investors...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by flokii: 8:21am On May 15, 2016
Lagos is turning to something else..

Ambode is working, others take note

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by opedaydydx9(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2016
olatunji21:

As an investor they must have studied their business terrain and know what is applicable their..Hence must have provided a viable alternative and its possible they generate their own Power..
it might actually consider solar energy, renewable energy source is the best
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 8:27am On May 15, 2016
[s]
Pangea:

Magnetic levitation or maglev or air pressure,
Either of the two is still being considered as the component for the propulsion!
So you can't come here and say hyperloop is based on maglev!
Of course magnetic levitation trains and pods are already in existence!
But Hyperloop is still under development.
The video below should open your eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x_IB45ySAQ
[/s]

Not interested in your rubbish. You said hyperloop has nothing to do with maglev and I proved you wrong with the image i posted. Hyperloop runs on maglev just like this system and also in pods to transport people. The only difference is speed and the fact thst one is ground based and the other is above ground.

Kill yourself with your mundane and irrelevant argument all you want, I stand by my views.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Deen77: 8:32am On May 15, 2016
CFCman:

Mehn!! I can't wait to see what Lagos would be like in 10-12 yrs time. It, alongside Abuja would become the financial/trade centers of Africa.

Moreover, a gentleman's agreement between Lagos and the other 5 SW states could be signed which would stipulate that the Lekki and MMA airports would be the only international passenger airports in the zone. This could maximize the economic viability of both airports.

Good by now Lagos, Ogun and Oyo should plan a monorail from Lagos through Ijebu Ode to Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 8:33am On May 15, 2016
talktimi:

Who said hyperloop is up and running anywhere?

You mind showimg us where that was assarted?

I said this system is up and running in Israel.

Or to you the phrase this system means the same hyperloop they just tested in the US?

Learn how to read and comprehend

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by blackjah(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2016
agbero no go fit collect money again!!!!! downfall of tinubu and Co :Pagbero no go fit collect money again!!!!! downfall of tinubu and Co
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 9:04am On May 15, 2016
Pangea:

A little education and understanding of hyperloop should help you, but not while fixating on what they are doing in the US while ignoring the fact that Like I asserted, it's the same concept, but different adaptation.

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/usa-today-us-edition/20160512/281938837133294

Beats me why many of you are so closed minded and argue blindly based on ignorance..

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Raydos: 9:08am On May 15, 2016
ooh my God, lagos is developing at an high speed, in the next ten years lasan!!! Ogun state pls wake up, wwwwwaaaaaakkkkkeeeee uuuppppppppppppp
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by masseratti: 9:23am On May 15, 2016
olatunji21:

I really do no like abuja for any Reason...The city is not sustainable in the Longrun..The livewire of Abuja is Political patronage, without those politicians, Abuja would collapse in no time and little have been done to reduce this anomaly...

Aside Ogun state, i don't see any southwestern state with the financial warchest of having an international airport of the statue of Lagos...None to be honest..atleast for now
Oyo state does,it has the population and size,butsomething fundamental is wrong with that state that I Dont understand, either its the people or the government, its bereft of innovations, maximizing its potentials to grow its IGR,that state should be the one giving Lagos state its run for her money in Nigeria apart from the oil producing states,something is pretty wrong there,its locked in time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 9:39am On May 15, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your rubbish. You said hyperloop has nothing to do with maglev and I proved you wrong with the image i posted. Hyperloop runs on maglev just like this system and also in pods to transport people. The only difference is speed and the fact thst one is ground based and the other is above ground.

Kill yourself with your mundane and irrelevant argument all you want, I stand by my views.

Oga just hide in your corner!

The guy floored you jharee. You just go about peddling lies for nothing

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2016
arresa:

A little education and understanding of hyperloop should help you, but not while fixating on what they are doing in the US while ignoring the fact that Like I asserted, it's the same concept, but different adaptation.

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/usa-today-us-edition/20160512/281938837133294

Beats me why many of you are so closed minded and argue blindly based on ignorance..
Read what you wrote again and clap for yourself for a job well done grin

I like the fact that you are busy with Google at the moment grin
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by fineyemi(m): 9:47am On May 15, 2016
No 1 is talking about osun state. What would osun state look like in 10yrs as we see lagos emerging faster than any state in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by fineyemi(m): 9:52am On May 15, 2016
While some are busy destroying their own infracstructure, the wise ones are building more infracstructure to cater for the needs of her people. God bless Yoruba Land.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Babysho(m): 10:03am On May 15, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
How far on those projects? Eko Atlantic like 10 years now.

Ode
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Babysho(m): 10:09am On May 15, 2016
Raydos:
ooh my God, lagos is developing at an high speed, in the next ten years lasan!!! Ogun state pls wake up, wwwwwaaaaaakkkkkeeeee uuuppppppppppppp

Lagos be dragging with Dubai grin

But I'm so happy because when the students study History in the future...they'll date back to Buhari and how he reformed Nigeria into what it'll be....The Leading Nation of the World.

With the right tools...Nigeria also have really smart people who'll make a difference in the world.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 10:32am On May 15, 2016
[s]
BarryX:
Oga just hide in your corner!

The guy floored you jharee. You just go about peddling lies for nothing
[/s]

[s]
BarryX:
Read what you wrote again and clap for yourself for a job well done grin
I like the fact that you are busy with Google at the moment grin
[/s]

Keep quiet with your rubbish.

I read and I stand by my claims and facts provided.

Make yourself useful by disputing the facts I provided stating both are the same concept but adapted differently and if you can't, please shut up and step aside..

Do you even have to switch IDs just to spew the same ignorant nonsense..?
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by pimplucious: 10:35am On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Don't mean to crash the party, but where are they gonna get the electricity to power the system

Damn! U just put a needle thru their baloon. They didn't consider that now they are going to scrap it all.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by amiskurie(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2016
olatunji21:

About 10billion more than Ekiti state budget..
Don't be an omo-ale shocked
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2016
arresa:

Keep quiet with your rubbish.
I read and I stand by my claims and facts provided.
Make yourself useful by disputing the facts I provided stating both are the same concept but adapted differently and if you can't, please shut up and step aside..

Do you even have to switch IDs just to spew the same ignorant nonsense..?
Switch ID's Really?
Don't feel too important just yet

You are just making a mockery of your ignorance, it is like saying amala and fufu are the same concept but adapted differently

Oga , Hyperloop is not the same thing as maglev. Hyperloop uses pressure tubes in which pressurized capsules ride on an air cushion.
Maglev on the other hand used Magnets levitation as it's concept to drive propulsion
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Nobody: 10:54am On May 15, 2016
amiskurie:
Don't be an omo-ale shocked
No need getting ballistic.. Ekiti state is been totally paralyzed by Fayose ....
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 10:58am On May 15, 2016
arresa:

Keep quiet, we know it's not the same hyperloop, but it's the same concept minus the speed. Both travels in pods and on maglev...

Crazy when ignorant people get on the internet to form ignorance...

Even if it's not and it's killing you, that's your problem..
The bolded is where you actually goofed, Hyperloop don't travel on Magnetic levitation oga.

That is just where I want to correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight / U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) / Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.