Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

See What Someone Did To A Puppy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See What Someone Did To A Puppy (1769 Views)

Needs A Puppy At A Fair Price. / Cost Of Importing A Puppy From The UK. / If You Have A Puppy To Sell Preferably A Female (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Someone Did To A Puppy by ambient: 7:04am On May 15, 2016
My bro in law just brought back this puppy and i cant help feeling sad about it.pls if u dont have money to maintain a dog dont bloodddy buy!
try giving it milk but it refuse.what should i do for it now pls though am not buying it.
Which breed is this if i might ask?

Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by darvic1515(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2016
Poor dog, op try and deworm, give antibiotics and vaccinate. Give the dog eggs, meat, fish etc, mix it with rice.
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by krak101(m): 7:29am On May 15, 2016
That's our local breed... Bingo. Try treating the dog first like the person above me suggested. That'll help
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by GogetterMD(m): 7:31am On May 15, 2016
This is cruelty. It's a sin to make animals go through such wickedness cry
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by ambient: 7:53am On May 15, 2016
krak101:
That's our local breed... Bingo. Try treating the dog first like the person above me suggested. That'll help
It refuse to drink the milk let me try egg sha, local breed? They wanted to pass it off as a boerboer..lol
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by Tapout(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2016
take it to a vet for checkup first...

cc: seun
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by ambient: 8:02am On May 15, 2016
Today na sunday no vet shop is open that was why am looking for a quick remedy to its suffering today. cry
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by Eveezy(m): 8:07am On May 15, 2016
its a malnourished boerboel. I ve a similar case, she just won't eat, first thing first is to take the dog to d vet to confirm if it has any problem, treat d dog for dehydration, deworm, nd of a necessary treatments d vet recommends, then u start proper feeding with high quality feed for proper growth and weight gain, if u can't afford commercial feed, try get chicken parts, meat, fish, or eggs nd mix with its normal food, feed the dog at least four times a day, each proportion shouldn't be large, it should be in small small quantities so u dnt overfeed d dog, I know that human instinct will be to overfeed d dog but that is not necessary, feeding four tyms a day will cover for that.
plus, there is no quick remedy to recovering an emaciated dog, it will take time, its all about consistency and don't give up. I current got an emaciated dog, most of my frnds are like "God forbid, troway dis dog, no waste money on dis tin" but I don't mind, it will surprise them when d dog gets back in shape, mine is not eating, or shuld I say she is very picky, most tyms she just smells d food nd goes away including canned food. I ve visited the vet, d vet says shez OK and all she needs is feeding plus she was treated, so right now, I force feed d dog at least for tyms a day, other people are not seeing d improvement yet but I am seeing it cos I know how d dog was wen I got it

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by ambient: 8:21am On May 15, 2016
Eveezy:
its a malnourished boerboel. I ve a similar case, she just won't eat, first thing first is to take the dog to d vet to confirm if it has any problem, treat d dog for dehydration, deworm, nd of a necessary treatments d vet recommends, then u start proper feeding with high quality feed for proper growth and weight gain, if u can't afford commercial feed, try get chicken parts, meat, fish, or eggs nd mix with its normal food, feed the dog at least four times a day, each proportion shouldn't be large, it should be in small small quantities so u dnt overfeed d dog, I know that human instinct will be to overfeed d dog but that is not necessary, feeding four tyms a day will cover for that.
plus, there is no quick remedy to recovering an emaciated dog, it will take time, its all about consistency and don't give up. I current got an emaciated dog, most of my frnds are like "God forbid, troway dis dog, no waste money on dis tin" but I don't mind, it will surprise them when d dog gets back in shape, mine is not eating, or shuld I say she is very picky, most tyms she just smells d food nd goes away including canned food. I ve visited the vet, d vet says shez OK and all she needs is feeding plus she was treated, so right now, I force feed d dog at least for tyms a day, other people are not seeing d improvement yet but I am seeing it cos I know how d dog was wen I got it

Thanks for this detailed post i will try my hands on force feeding it because it refuse to eat even egg.
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by krak101(m): 12:12pm On May 15, 2016
ambient:

It refuse to drink the milk let me try egg sha, local breed? They wanted to pass it off as a boerboer..lol
That's scam o... That dog is far from boerboel
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by Jofez: 7:43pm On May 15, 2016
If you can get any multivitamin injection..Give him, deworm and check d body for ectoparasites. If you have the money buy any good dry food and can food.. Goodluck!
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by Kiish(m): 10:56pm On May 15, 2016
I love our local breeds though..
krak101:
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by Baroba(m): 3:48am On May 16, 2016
Well done OP, that is not your typical Nigerian dog, the head structure, coat and paws suggest traces of boerboel, it might not be pure, but I won't call it a bingo. Regardless of breed anyway, it deserves to be taken care off.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by krak101(m): 6:21am On May 16, 2016
Kiish:
I love our local breeds though..
That's owk. They're all dogs. Whatever catches your fascination
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by countsparrow: 7:07am On May 16, 2016
looks to me like a malnourished boerboel like someone said up there.
Re: See What Someone Did To A Puppy by preshman22: 12:39pm On May 09, 2022
Eveezy:

How's the dog now

(1) (Reply)

Meet Annie Of Bobbysaxy Kennel..our Pedigree Female Slant German Sherperd. / Grown rottweiler And Boerboel SOLD! / Male Caucasian Pup For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.