Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ... (1042 Views)

GTBANK Introduce Security Pin For *737# Transactions / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by slightlyMad(f): 8:02am On May 15, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:50am On May 15, 2016
I've been trying to transfer money to someone since friday, the *737* is returning error
Re: ... by flokii: 9:41am On May 15, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
I've been trying to transfer money to someone since friday, the *737* is returning error

They even deduct #100 or so for every transaction
Re: ... by afanide: 12:07pm On May 15, 2016
Transfer has not been going through to a third party for the past 3days now.....
Re: ... by pneumaticos(m): 3:15pm On May 15, 2016
You need atleast 5# in your account to use 737

they also charge 100 for third party transfer

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 15, 2016
3rd Party Transfers are working via Internet Banking. Just made a transfer this morning. I did not use 737
Re: ... by olatpic(m): 8:34am On May 16, 2016
I have also been having issues using their Internet Banking platform since about 2 weeks now.

I have been getting "Invalid Transaction Code" whenever I use my Token device for any transaction (Add Bemeficiary , Transfer etc). I complained to their CC but they are telling me I have to get another Token.

For now I have to resort to using the USSD code (737).
Re: ... by JuanDeDios: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
slightlyMad:
I noticed recently on the GTBank's platform that bank transfers no longer work, except 737
when you try to make 3rd party transfers, account retrieval works, which means GTB is able to communicate with 3rd party banks
but you will be greeted with "sorry we are unable to process your request, please try again later"

when you call their customer service, they will tell you to use 737
I believe the 737 is not secure and not properly designed,
the last time, someone claimed he transferred money 6 times because the system kept returning a failure message
meanwhile, at the background, the transfers were going ballistics

i am of the opinion that the developers, if well trained on transactional programming should have atleast written a logical check to ensure same customer has not transferred same amount to the same beneficiary in a span of 15mins or so.

a friend recently complained that whenever he tries to load his phone credits via quickteller, GTB ensures that his card fails, so maybe you will have no choice than to use their 737
can anyone confirm if they experience any of these or it is just coincidental in my case.

thanks
They're compelling everyone to use it nowadays. I have another account with another bank where I do electronic transactions, and I left the GTB account for cheques only because it's my client account and quite often has substantial amounts. Now, they've forced me to start doing 737 on it. Time to find another bank that will let me bank the way I want.
Re: ... by Jengem: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
My verizon phone won let me do 737

(1) (Reply)

Official Online Naira-dollar Exchange Rate / What Are The Requirements Of Joining The Keke Napep Association In Lagos / 3 Hot Online Skills That Will Fetch You Money In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.