Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? (801 Views)

What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dances With His Wife During Church Service. (Photos) / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by hahn(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2016
I remember when I still used to go to church to serve my imagination(god). What I hated the most, and eventually pushed me away from religion generally was the fact that you cannot ask the preacher questions while he is preaching.

Questions like:

Preacher: And John 3:16 says, that for god so loved world he gave his only begotten son. That whoever believes in him shall perish and not have ever lasting life.

Me: What is god's gain by burning people who he created? If god is all forgiving, why can't he just forgive them and move on? Who everlasting life epp?

Preacher: God told me......

Me: Do you have a record of the conversation? Do you have a picture of god?

Preacher: Do not rob god of his money. Pay your tithe.

Me: How do you intend to transfer god's money, after we have paid it to you, to him? Which bank account does he use? What does he use the money for?

Preacher: We are sinners because Eve ate the apple!

Me: If apples are that bad, why do they taste so sweet today?

Preacher: God loves you

Me: Then why is he thretening to send me to hell

Preacher: Satan is evil

Me: But god created evil. Isaiah 45:7, I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Etc.

Add yours grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by OgundeleT(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
hahn:
I remember when I still used to go to church to serve my imagination(god). What I hated the most, and eventually pushed me away from religion generally was the fact that you cannot ask the preacher questions while he is preaching.

Questions like:

Preacher: And John 3:16 says, that for god so loved world he gave his only begotten son. That whoever believes in him shall perish and not have ever lasting life.

Me: What is god's gain by burning people who he created? If god is all forgiving, why can't he just forgive them and move on? Who everlasting life epp?

Me: How do you intend to transfer god's money, after we have paid it to you, to him? Which bank account does he use? What does he use the money for?

Me: But god created evil. Isaiah 45:7, I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Etc.

Add yours grin
hahn wan kill me with laugh o.
you haven't seen where a pastor will tell u a all powerful god later blame himself for creating human being?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by ValentineMary(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2016
Oga Hahn, Jesus loves u but he is still gonna burn u in hell grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by vizkiz: 9:44am On May 15, 2016
I don't hate church services, I just hate the fact that those pretty ushers keep distracting me from hearing the world of God angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by kevoh(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2016
Time wasting multiple offerings, from Offering 1 to Offering 5, when it's clear people will split their N100 or N1000 into 5 places just to stand up and dance 5 times why not just do only one.

But what I hate most is the fact that some church services are organised at midnight in the middle of a residential location with loud speakers meant for a rock band being used and disturbing the hell out of you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 15, 2016
the things I hate abt church are:
1- the ushers will go and put person near cold AC undecided I hate that thing ehn. or they will go and put me near boring ppl or near one 'over holy' woman that will be judging me. if I sleep, she will be waking me up.

2- long preaching. one Sunday pastor preached for 5 hours straight! we went home 3 o clock that day angry
and no be say an interesting message him go preach o. one thing, he will be repeating it for hours.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by Freksy(m): 1:31pm On May 15, 2016
hahn:

Questions like:

No human authority can give life, yet, they punish erring citizens by life imprisonment, even by meting out capital punishment. Does this mean human authority, who can’t even give life, but take, do not love their citizens?

You have spoken, and I have gotten your message. Do I have your picture?

Money paid to you can be used for you.

They use the money to build, equip and beautify places where he will be worshiped. They use the money to sow his words in many hearts in various ways. …. Etc.

Would you reprimand a child for taking and eating an apple that he knows was not meant for him; in fact, was warned against. Is such a child disobedient because the apple taste so bitter?

How? A little substance please. Note that not all believes hell is a place of eternal torment with fire.

Etc.

Add yours grin

Form light and create darkness, create peace (that is, for his exiled people) and creating calamity (for Babylon), …. Read the verses preceding and following 7 open-mindedly and get the import of Isaiah 45:7.
Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by CltrAltDelicious(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Mine dashing my hard earn money to the so-called man of god

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by hahn(m): 2:58pm On May 15, 2016
Freksy:

No human authority can give life, yet, they punish erring citizens by life imprisonment, even by meting out capital punishment. Does this mean human authority, who can’t even give life, but take, do not love their citizens?

Human authority give punishment to citizens when they err. It is simply a question of keeping the citizens in check. Religion IS politics and it is nothing more than a tool in the hand of authority to control the masses. Laws vary from community to community. In the US, you can walk into several stores and buy a gun but you cannot do the same in Nigeria. The question of civil laws vary depending on the culture and people. And there are international laws that apply across borders.

The constitution doesn't claim to be all loving. The constitution doesn't claim you will be forgiven for believing in the son of the judge. The constitution doesn't permit one part to kill the other and say "oh, they are my chosen ones so what they did is for MY glory". The constitution is consistent. If you kill someone in the north, you get the same punishment(unless if you get leg of course).

The bible is inconsistent and it's god is partial, genocidal, narcissistic, confused, incompetent and non existent. All wrapped into one word. Imaginary.

You have spoken, and I have gotten your message. Do I have your picture?

Check my profile or follow add me on fb @ Onassis Hahn undecided

Still waiting for the picture of your god though wink

They use the money to build, equip and beautify places where he will be worshiped. They use the money to sow his words in many hearts in various ways. …. Etc.

I thought god didn't need anything. All of a sudden, he needs tiny buildings to be worshiped in? He needs private jets, nice cars, bodyguards, mansions etc while millions of children die of starvation? While millions of people die from diseases? Do you realize that

As a result almost 9.2 million children under-five die every year. A further 3.3 million babies are stillborn. Most of the 25,000 children under five that die each day are concentrated in the world's poorest countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Source: www.who.int/pmnch/media/press_materials/fs/fs_mdg4_childmortality/en/

and your god need places to be worshipped? Isn't something wrong here? Isn't that a corrupt god? Using money that should be diverted to better things to fulfil it's desire to have songs and praises rendered to it for eternity? Isn't this a pure case of misplaced priorities? undecided

Would you reprimand a child for taking and eating an apple that he knows was not meant for him; in fact, was warned against. Is such a child disobedient because the apple taste so bitter?

Sure I will. But I will not place curses on him and his generation nor burn him and his generation, even the ones unborn, in hell. That would only make me a psychopath. A loving father would spank, forgive and move on. Jehovah claims to be all loving but still has not found it within itself to forgive the devil. That is what is referred as a bad temper. undecided

How? A little substance please. Note that not all believes hell is a place of eternal torment with fire.

Revelation 21:8 ESV / 173 helpful votes

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Matthew 25:41 ESV / 95 helpful votes

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Romans 2:6-8 ESV / 86 helpful votes

He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

Matthew 25:46 ESV / 73 helpful votes

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Romans 6:23 ESV / 58 helpful votes

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Revelation 20:15 ESV / 56 helpful votes

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Source: https://www.openbible.info/topics/going_to_hell

Form light and create darkness, create peace (that is, for his exiled people) and creating calamity (for Babylon), …. Read the verses preceding and following 7 open-mindedly and get the import of Isaiah 45:7.

Isaiah 45:1-7New International Version (NIV)

45 “This is what the Lord says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:
2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains[a];
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
3 I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

I doubt you realize just how ridiculous the whole statement is. God here sounds like a pitbull in a bad mood.

undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by Freksy(m): 4:40pm On May 15, 2016
hahn:

Human authority give punishment to citizens when they err. It is simply a question of keeping the citizens in check. Religion IS politics and it is nothing more than a tool in the hand of authority to control the masses. Laws vary from community to community. In the US, you can walk into several stores and buy a gun but you cannot do the same in Nigeria. The question of civil laws vary depending on the culture and people. And there are international laws that apply across borders.

The constitution doesn't claim to be all loving. The constitution doesn't claim you will be forgiven for believing in the son of the judge. The constitution doesn't permit one part to kill the other and say "oh, they are my chosen ones so what they did is for MY glory". The constitution is consistent. If you kill someone in the north, you get the same punishment(unless if you get leg of course).

The bible is inconsistent and it's god is partial, genocidal, narcissistic, confused, incompetent and non existent. All wrapped into one word. Imaginary.

Why should human authority take the life of their fellows in the name of meting out capital punishment, instead of simply forgiving them?

Did the Israelites not pay for their sins? They were punished in accordance with what their laws then stipulated.

Check my profile or follow add me on fb @ Onassis Hahn undecided

Still waiting for the picture of your god though wink

Lol... I responded to your questions to the tune of their logic. Now why do I have to add you on facebook? Am I complaining that I can't get your message? We are communicating, true or false? I don't need to present your picture as an evidence that you have spoken to me.

I thought god didn't need anything. All of a sudden, he needs tiny buildings to be worshiped in?

Where was he previously worshiped, in an open air/out door, or in a mighty building? Hmmm, a bit funny this is!

He needs private jets, nice cars, bodyguards, mansions etc while millions of children die of starvation? While millions of people die from diseases? Do you realize that

As a result almost 9.2 million children under-five die every year. A further 3.3 million babies are stillborn. Most of the 25,000 children under five that die each day are concentrated in the world's poorest countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Source: www.who.int/pmnch/media/press_materials/fs/fs_mdg4_childmortality/en/

You are saying words in bold to the wrong person. I am also against them as you are.

and your god need places to be worshipped? Isn't something wrong here? Isn't that a corrupt god? Using money that should be diverted to better things to fulfil it's desire to have songs and praises rendered to it for eternity? Isn't this a pure case of misplaced priorities? undecided

Firstly, note that not all supports tithe and the ongoing commerce in Christendom. I have never paid tithe and never will. However, it's worth mentioning that there is nothing wrong about making voluntary contributions to advance his worship. It's absurd to even think worshipers shouldn't have dedicated buildings for their worship simply because people are dying.

Sure I will. But I will not place curses on him and his generation nor burn him and his generation, even the ones unborn, in hell. That would only make me a psychopath. A loving father would spank, forgive and move on.

I appreciate your frankness. I personally do not believe in a fiery hell. Nevertheless, I see nothing wrong about the fact that those who stubbornly refuse to repent will be put to death.

Jehovah claims to be all loving but still has not found it within itself to forgive the devil. That is what is referred as a bad temper. undecided

And you will find it within yourself to forgive an unrepentant man who raped your wife or daughter, and are still wanting to rape more. Has Satan ever told you he has repented, and thus, should be forgiven?

Isaiah 45:1-7New International Version (NIV)

45 “This is what the Lord says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:
2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains[a];
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
3 I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

I doubt you realize just how ridiculous the whole statement is. God here sounds like a pitbull in a bad mood.

undecided

It's rather ridiculous that you quoted those verses without telling me what specific action he took unjustly. Do you even understand those verses?
Re: What Do You Hate The Most About Church Service? by hahn(m): 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bump

(1) (Reply)

90 Verses In The Bible Say Jesus Is Not God / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/08/16 / Nigerian Pastors And Their Brainwashed Gullible Followers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.