Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? (844 Views)

Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / "Once Saved, Forever Saved". How Scripturally Balanced Is It? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 11:03am On May 15, 2016
Happy sunday Nairalanders!
Is it scripturally wrong for a christian to marry a muslim??or are there ways around it,like love??
please I need answers.
God bless us!
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by RoyalBlak007: 11:04am On May 15, 2016
Unless you

don't wanna marry for comfort....why da HELL not
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by loistee: 11:30am On May 15, 2016
For it is written "Be ye not unequally yoked together with the unbelievers for what communion do light have with darkness. " Food for thought.
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Aviero: 11:38am On May 15, 2016
loistee:
For it is written "Be ye not unequally yoked together with the unbelievers for what communion do light have with darkness. " Food for thought.
Who's the light and who's the darkness?

You call a loving, intelligent, charismatic, well-to-do guy/lady darkness just because he/she doesn't attend a church? LOL. Y'all are jokers!

1 Like

Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2016
loistee:
pls explain further
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Unless you

don't wanna marry for comfort....why da HELL not
but won't the marriage be disturbed by diversity in beliefs?
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Aremu01(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2016
I ll advise you, don't
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2016
Aremu01:
I ll advise you, don't
why?
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by rawgame(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2016
It is written (2 Cor.6:14): "What concord
hath light with darkness? [*Vulg.: 'What fellowship hath
light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with
Belial?']" Now there is the greatest concord between
husband and wife. Therefore one who is in the light of
faith should not marry one who is in the darkness of
unbelief.
Further, it is written (Malachi 2:11): "Juda hath profaned
the holiness of the Lord, which he loved, and hath
married the daughter of a strange god." But such had
not been the case if they could have married validly.
Therefore disparity of worship is an impediment to
marriage.
I answer that, The chief good of marriage is the
offspring to be brought up to the worship of God. Now
since education is the work of father and mother in
common, each of them intends to bring up the child to
the worship of God according to their own faith.
Consequently if they be of different faith, the intention
of the one will be contrary to the intention of the other,
and therefore there cannot be a fitting marriage between
them. For this reason disparity of faith previous to
marriage is an impediment to the marriage contract.

Someone may ask, what of a believer who was already married to an unbeliever before becoming a Christian? There is provision for a believer who is already married to an unbeliever. The Bible specifically addresses those who are married to unbelievers in 1 Corinthians 7:12-14 : “…If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the
unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his
wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified
through her believing husband…”
Christians married to unbelievers will need to pray for the
power of the Holy Spirit to enable them to profess Christ
and live in the light of God's presence ( 1 John 1:7 ). They should seek God's transforming power to change their hearts and produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians
5:22-23 ). A Christian wife is obligated to have a
submissive heart, even toward her unbelieving husband
(1 Peter 3:1 ), and she will need to remain close to God
and rely on His grace to enable her to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Amberon: 2:53pm On May 15, 2016
As a Christian, there is absolutely nothing wrong in marrying an unbeliever or a Muslim whom you love. And lest we forget, GOD IS LOVE.

Here's what Apostle Paul has to say
1 Corinthians 7 : 12 But to the rest I , not the Lord , say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe , and she is willing to live with him , let him not divorce her.

13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe , if He is willing to live with her , let her not divorce him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife , and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean , but now they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever departs , let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

And here's my favorite part
16 For how do you know , O wife , whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know , O husband , whether you will save your wife?

Case closed!!
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Amberon: 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by ScofieldBello(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2016
Bull craps everywhere!
Who are the believers and who are the unbelievers?
What am I supposed to believe?
What is there to be believed?

What Jesus (if a Christian) says about it is all that matters. It may not matter even!

Religion has no place when it comes to happiness in marriage. God doesn't have a religion!

Oya, how come pastors marriage collapse too?

Africans should understand that God won't do for man what man can do for himself.

Whatever rocks your boat
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by ScofieldBello(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2016
God dwelleth where love abounds!
God himself is LOVE!
It doesn't matter who gets married to whom.
Like you wrote: CASE CLOSED
Amberon:
As a Christian, there is absolutely nothing wrong in marrying an unbeliever or a Muslim whom you love. And lest we forget, GOD IS LOVE.

Case closed!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Aremu01(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2016
moyakz:
why?

Honestly My reason will not make sense to you
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2016
Aremu01:

Honestly My reason will not make sense to you
lemme hear it
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=rawgame post=45643056]It is written (2 Cor.6:14): "What concord hath light with darkness? [*Vulg.: 'What fellowship hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial?']" Now there is the greatest concord between husband and wife. Therefore one who is in the light of faith should not marry one who is in the darkness of unbelief. Further, it is written (Malachi 2:11): "Juda hath profaned the holiness of the Lord, which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god." But such had not been the case if they could have married validly. Therefore disparity of worship is an impediment to marriage. I answer that, The chief good of marriage is the offspring to be brought up to the worship of God. Now since education is the work of father and mother in common, each of them intends to bring up the child to the worship of God according to their own faith. Consequently if they be of different faith, the intention thanks for this.God bless you.
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=Amberon post=45643838]As a Christian, there is absolutely nothing wrong in marrying an unbeliever or a Muslim whom you love. And lest we forget, GOD IS LOVE.

Here's what Apostle Paul has to say
1 Corinthians 7 : 12 But to the rest I , not the Lord , say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe , and she is willing to live with him , let him not divorce her.

13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe , if He is willing to live with her , let her not divorce him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife , and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean , but now they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever departs , let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

And here's my favorite part
[b] [color=#990000] 16
hmm,i see.
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 9:01pm On May 15, 2016
ScofieldBello:
Bull craps everywhere!
Who are the believers and who are the unbelievers?
What am I supposed to believe?
What is there to be believed?

What Jesus (if a Christian) says about it is all that matters. It may not matter even!

Religion has no place when it comes to happiness in marriage. God doesn't have a religion!

Oya, how come pastors marriage collapse too?

Africans should understand that God won't do for man what man can do for himself.

Whatever rocks your boat
thatz true though.
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by rawgame(m): 9:06pm On May 15, 2016
moyakz, the pleasure is mine. Happy new week.
Re: Is It Scripturally Wrong For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by moyakz(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2016
rawgame:
moyakz, the pleasure is mine. Happy new week.
same to you.have a blessed week!

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman Replies Blackmailer / The Christian God / Funny Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.