Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire (12858 Views)

Pumping Our Tyres At The Roadside During High Humidity; Any Risks? / How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos) / What Do You Do When You Have A Blow Out Tyre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire by 500samuel(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2016
Joshuahunpe:
Im sleeping wake me up when Buhari turn exchange rate to 1naira to 1dollar grin grin grin grin

am not sure u will wake u for life oooo cos with the look of things 1 naira to 1 dollar is not visible.....happy sleeping
Re: How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire by Bose253(f): 1:54pm On May 18, 2016
Siena:

How did you arrive at this conclusion sis? Please define "smoothly".
'Smoothly' may not be the right word but it sort of feels awkward driving with tyres lesser than 35 air gauge. It reduces your speed and the car wobbles
Re: How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
Bose253:

'Smoothly' may not be the right word but it sort of feels awkward driving with tyres lesser than 35 air gauge. It reduces your speed and the car wobbles

Then there's something else wrong with your car. Over inflating the tyres isn't fixing the problem, it's merely compensating for an existing problem.

And introducing a new danger.
Re: How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire by adanny01(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2016
Olulinks:

The prescribed psi that you see by the doors side of the cars are only for new tires. It won't work for used and expired tires that are popularly used by the many Nigerian people. The Vulcaniser are right, they know many of those tires being brought to them are old and expired.

This is absurd because you have not shed any light on why it will not work for used tires.

As a matter of fact, used tires are more suscrptible to bulging, twisting and blowing off due to high pressures.

As a matter of fact, the only situation that warrants you to put more than required pressure is when the car is loaded to its capacity weight. Every vehicle has its total capacity of weight. The sticker provides for the pressure at capacity weight. For example, my car is a 2003 Honda accord LX. The sticker says 30psi front 29psi back. It also says the capacity weight is 385kg and the pressure at full capacity is 42psi. Cosidering i always drive alone, i use 32psi cold but when i engage on a planned trip with my family, i put 35psi. I rarely put 40psi or carry full passengers.

On another note, my tire has a maximum load capacity of 670kg and maximum pressure 44psi. Considering the maximum capacity of my car is half of that of the tires there is no way i will want to put maximum pressure.

Lastly, i am not majority of Nigerians so i dont buy expired tires. Not that i have not bought tokumbo, i actually did a couple of times but never an expired one. The ones i bought usually have a short expiry due time while i plan for a new tire.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire by englishmart(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2016
scobaba:

as you dress like drummer boy for burial so grin......u supose know say na typo @englishsmart
you dey feel my attire na? Talk true grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One / / Vital Tools You Should Have In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.