Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

- Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (12864 Views)

Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Who Makes Worse Drivers? Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 07, 2012
Re: by cindylee: 4:06pm On May 07, 2012
Lol. I actually think women are worse Drivers. They can suddenly stop on the road and start chatting with a friend without caring about the people behind them. I am always correct when a Driver suddenly takes a sharp bend and I tell hubby that it's a woman driving and when we get to the front, lo and behold its actually a woman.

Also women can sometimes expect men to automatically give way for them but they will never do. Instead they will be thinking because I am a woman, emn think they can do "agidi" for me. In short I don tire for female drivers especially in this lagos. The other day I saw a lady pinging and driving at the same time. She would suddenly stop, ping and then move keeping others behind her. I as a woman too, I felt like coming down to give her a piece of my mind. Women!!! All hail thee.

I don't have a car yet sad . Maybe when God increases and promotes me in my work place or God blesses my Husband so much for him to get me a car, I don't know if I will be one of the worse female drivers or best. Until then let me continue to run my mouth and exclude myself tongue

6 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 07, 2012
Women tend to be safer drivers than the menfolk. I can't count the number of times I've been insulted by male drivers while driving, over one imagined driving error or another. It's like they're trying t impress their superiority over your driving skills. More laughable is when an okada driver, or even worse, a bicycle rider tells u, 'madam, go and get a driver' Some will say stuff like, ehn, na woman, leave am', as though such utterances reassures them that they are better drivers, and at the same time underscores their erroneous beliefs that generally, females drivers are at sub-par. Anyway, me I stopped being bothered long ago by all these sexist and chauvinistic comments while driving. I just throway my face to the other side when they start shouting, woman!

But sha o, women drivers tend to do things sometimes that seem to reinforce these kind of stereotype.
Re: by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 07, 2012
My husband once told me that anytime I am driving, he holds his heart in his hands praying for when we reach our destination. He said I brought my lagos driving to Australia.

So I guess we are terrible drivers undecided

1 Like

Re: by tpia5: 4:55pm On May 07, 2012
is this an invitation to the men to start bashing nigerian women again?

threads like these make me tired of the internet.

for goodness sake, in developed countries, women drive.

any man or woman who doesnt want to drive even if they have the means or necessity to do so, should hire a chaffeur or have somebody take them everyhwere they want to go.

alternatively, public transport/taxis are also available.

repeat thread.

the last one turned into a bitter slugfest with men lashing nigerian women as if they dont have mothers.

why are you women always so bitterly against your fellow women? Blood no dey una veins?
Re: by Tgirl4real(f): 4:59pm On May 07, 2012
jennykadry: My husband once told me that anytime I am driving, he holds his heart in his hands praying for when we reach our destination. He said I brought my lagos driving to Australia.

So I guess we are terrible drivers undecided

Nigerians (esp Lagos drivers) are generally bad drivers. The women are worse. Most of us them don't graduate from driving school before jumping into a car.lol.

Women are worst and also the best cheesy
Re: by tasandra: 5:15pm On May 07, 2012
@ Tgirl 4 real,I think u av a point grin
Re: by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 07, 2012
Unique!:
Women tend to be safer drivers than the menfolk. I can't count the number of times I've been insulted by male drivers while driving, over one imagined driving error or another. It's like they're trying t impress their superiority over your driving skills. More laughable is when an okada driver, or even worse, a bicycle rider tells u, 'madam, go and get a driver' Some will say stuff like, ehn, na woman, leave am', as though such utterances reassures them that they are better drivers, and at the same time underscores their erroneous beliefs that generally, females drivers are at sub-par. Anyway, me I stopped being bothered long ago by all these sexist and chauvinistic comments while driving. I just throway my face to the other side when they start shouting, woman!

But sha o, women drivers tend to do things sometimes that seem to reinforce these kind of stereotype.
Those sexist statements can be so annoying, my mum has been driving for over 20 years and has never had an accident or scratches on her cars, but her drivers hmm story for another day. Most times men feel cos she is a woman she can't drive well and try to push her off lanes in traffic, she just laffs and by some miraclous rough driving she maintains her lane, I don't subscribe to the fact that women are worse drivers than men

1 Like

Re: by ronkebp(f): 6:24pm On May 07, 2012
most women are safer drivers to men. for some men, it is all about calculating the distance and rushing to whereever!!! church, office, market nko? they are always in a haste.

My husband is a very good driver but an impatient one, he hates people wasting unnecessary time on the roads, am like him now because he taught me how to drive last year, recently i had to take him some where, and he was so surprised with the way i drove, he was like i drove as if i had been driving for 10 years...well what can i say, learnt from the best.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 07, 2012
Re: by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 07, 2012
Women are too emotional on the steering. The ones who are stubborn are extreme, the ones who are fearful will keep moving at slow pace while the reckless ones usually dent a brand new car in just 1hr. Like most things in life u need men to mentor them properly.
All the women i taught to drive are world class drivers 2day. wink
Re: by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 07, 2012
tpia@:
is this an invitation to the men to start bashing nigerian women again?

threads like these make me tired of the internet.

for goodness sake, in developed countries, women drive.

any man or woman who doesnt want to drive even if they have the means or necessity to do so, should hire a chaffeur or have somebody take them everyhwere they want to go.

alternatively, public transport/taxis are also available.

repeat thread.

the last one turned into a bitter slugfest with men lashing nigerian women as if they dont have mothers.

why are you women always so bitterly against your fellow women? Blood no dey una veins?

U actually come across as the bitter one. What is all this ranting for?
Re: by drnoel: 7:22pm On May 07, 2012
Study: Women worse drivers than men
Female vs. male accidents more than expected

Updated: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 1:58 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 1:44 AM CDT

Phill Robb
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - University of Michigan researchers have found a higher than expected number of car accidents between two women drivers.

A study conducted by the U-M Transportation Research Institute used data from1988 to 2007. Those results were compared to the number of miles driven in a year by men and women respectively.

Since men drive about 60 percent of the time and women drive 40 percent, researchers expected a higher percentage of men to be involved in the crashes in each scenario being studied. However, that wasn't the case.

"The results indicate that in certain crash scenarios, male-to-male crashes tend to be underrepresented and female-to-female crashes tend to be overrepresented," UMTRI's Michael Sivak said in a release.

Researchers aren't sure the reason behind the discrepancies.

In crash scenarios involving both a man and a woman driver, actual frequencies tended to be closer to what was expected.

[size=18pt]But everyone knows women are worse drivers than men[/size]
Re: by Tgirl4real(f): 7:46pm On May 07, 2012
I would have loved to leave dis thread in fam, but sorry it has to be moved sad cool
Re: by drnoel: 7:57pm On May 07, 2012
Re: by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 07, 2012
Re: by muyoto: 8:10pm On May 07, 2012
yes they are!! cheesy
Re: by Ikenna351(m): 10:43pm On May 07, 2012
Women drivers? Hm!

I have taught about 10 persons how to drive & most were women. At a point, I started thinking that only God would be patient enough to teach women how to drive. Am serious. Every moment i had spent on the passengers seat when they take over the steering, I would be having cycle of nightmares till i would take over. Sometimes i wonder where some men that teach their wives how to drive borrow all those patience & calmness to go through all that high blood pressure. The worst part is that while they would be raising your blood pressure with their wonderful driving, they would still be asking you "How are my doing?". I remembered when mom told me what happened during her own time of learning how to drive. Mistakenly, dad decided to be the one to teach her to drive with his BRAND NEW car. A mistake indeed! The first few days they went out for practise, they would come back nagging at each others. At a point, mom realised that she wasnt making any progress & they would always come back unhappy with each other. The 4th day or so, dad realised his mistake & sent her to driving school, for peace sake. I was teaching a female neighbor with her car how to drive then, & mom was telling me the story that I must be special then to be doing this without the woman complaining, instead singing praises to her how good & patient i was while i was teaching her driving. But mom didnt realise that dad wasnt different. Maybe, i would have done worse than dad to that lady if it was my car. I could remember the day one of my younger sister asked me to teach her how to drive with dad's car i was using then. I didnt even utter a word to her in reply. Make she come carry me!

Dont get me wrong, am not saying all women are slow learners in driving. Some men are worst than most women in learning how to drive.

Whenever am driving in the city, I dont like women driving behind me. Once i notice that, I would quickly steer into the other lane. Make dem carry their wahala dey go! Most women, when they are reversing, they will only apply brake when they hear noise behind or when the car suddenly stopped on its own. God have mercy on you if your car was the wage or the source of noise. A woman will drive & hit you behind, when you have calculated, smartly applied brake & stopped your car before a traffic light. When you walk up to her car & asked her "why me?", she would reply "But why did you brake like that?". As if it was wrong for you to know how to apply brake. Before you know it, she would pull her phone & start calling her husband or boyfriend. Expecting you to do what? Call your wife or girfriend(s) too?

Notwithstanding, there are very few that are very good in driving, very few. Some are even rough riders! But we are looking at 10 - 15%.

Yes, some men are like that too. You will see some men sitting so close to the steering wheel, holding the steering wheel so firm, like women, as if they driving accross graveyard! How do you expect to drive properly when you are so nervous, not relaxed? Even some instructors in some driving schools drive the same way. What do you expect them to produce then? Expert drivers?

Ikenna.

4 Likes

Re: by DualCore1: 11:19pm On May 07, 2012
Only problem I have with most ladies and driving is having to beg them to pass a very very narrow lane so that traffic can move. I hate the way they just sit and convince themselves their car wont pass, when it will. Some men do the same. People just need to know the real width of their cars. angry

2 Likes

Re: by amosy007: 11:38pm On May 07, 2012
lipsrsealed angry yes the sucks
Re: by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 07, 2012
It's beyond a myth. It's absolute f*ckry. I have been driving since the tender age of 13 and I am positive I drive better than the majority of the males on this forum. tongue Driving is a skill and skills can be acquired by anyone regardless of s3x.
Re: by Martini101(m): 11:51pm On May 07, 2012
ronkebp: most women are safer drivers to men. for some men, it is all about calculating the distance and rushing to whereever!!! church, office, market nko? they are always in a haste.

My husband is a very good driver but an impatient one, he hates people wasting unnecessary time on the roads, am like him now because he taught me how to drive last year, recently i had to take him some where, and he was so surprised with the way i drove, he was like i drove as if i had been driving for 10 years...well what can i say, learnt from the best.
. Thatz my type of driving dear and am very careful wheneva i enta d road. Why waste time on d road crawling like a snail.
Re: by satysaca: 11:55pm On May 07, 2012
All this things depends on individual and the heart.i know some men who can not drive and who will never drive.Some men are cowards and are too afraid to drive.
Re: by Martini101(m): 12:08am On May 08, 2012
Ikenna351: Women drivers? Hm!

I have taught about 10 persons how to drive & most were women. At a point, I started thinking that only God would be patient enough to teach women how to drive. Am serious. Every moment i had spent on the passengers seat when they take over the steering, I would be having cycle of nightmares till i take over. Sometimes i wonder where some men that teach their wives how to drive borrow all those patience & calmness to go through all that high blood pressure. The worst part is that while they are raising bp with their wonderful driving, they will be asking you "How are my doing?". I remembered when mom told me what happened during her own time of learning how to drive. Mistakenly, dad decided to be the one to teach her to drive with his BRAND NEW car. A mistake indeed! The first few days they went out for practise, they would come back nagging at each others. At a point, mom realised that she wasnt making any progress & they would always come back unhappy with each other. The 4th day or so, dad realised his mistake & sent her to driving school, for peace sake. I was teaching a female neighbor with her car how to drive then, & mom was telling me the story that I must be special then to be doing this without the woman complaining, instead singing praises to her how good & patient i was while i was teaching her driving. But mom didnt realise that dad wasnt different. Maybe, i would have done worse than dad if it was my dad. I could remember the day one of my younger sister asked me to teach her how to drive with dad's car i was using then. I didnt utter a word to her in reply.

Dont get me wrong, am saying all women are slow learners in driving. Some men are worst than most women in learning how to drive.

Whenever am driving in the city, I dont like women driving behind me. Once i notice that, I would quickly steer into the other lane. Make dem carry their wahala dey go! Most women, when they are reversing, they will only apply brake when they hear noise behind or when the car suddenly stopped on its own. God have mercy on you if your car was the wage or the source of noise. A woman will drive & hit you behind, when you have calculated, smartly applied brake & stopped your car before a traffic light. When you work up to her car & asked why her "why me?", she would reply "But why did you brake like that?". As if its wrong for you to know how to apply brake. Before you know it, she would pull her phone & start calling her husband or boyfriend. Expecting you to do what? Call your wife or girfriend(s) too?

Notwithstanding, there are very few that are very good in driving, very few. Some are even rough riders! But we are looking at 10 - 15%.

Yes, some men are like that too. You will see some men sitting so close to the steering wheel, holding the steering wheel so firm, like women, as if they driving across graveyard! How do you expect to drive properly when you are so nervous, not relaxed? Even some tutors in some driving schools drive the same way. What do you expect them to produce then? Expert drivers?

Ikenna.
. Guy. U just said it all. I remembered when i startd teaching my mum how to drive. She wanted to drive but always nervous. We do exchange words seriously cos she always felt like she know it all but 'll always repeat d same mistake over again. Thou it was an Auto car, she somtimes misplace d brake 4 d accelerator and dat cost us two tyres in a day after she jumped a Kerb. Lol. I asked her to go to a driving sch to learn proper steerin control wit a manual car. After d driving sch, she was near perfect but i dont allow her to drive highway cos she is d only one i got. But one thing still remain till 2dy! Guess what? Reversing!! Lol
Re: by osifred(m): 12:08am On May 08, 2012
Either they are too slow or very reckless. Very few are indeed gud drivers. 95% of time wen a car is in ma front ¶ could tel wen it is been driven by a woman. They just have this odd way of driving

1 Like

Re: by lepasharon(f): 12:12am On May 08, 2012
is it becos of the parking thing ? cheesy
Re: by Tropilo(m): 12:19am On May 08, 2012
There's a difference between careful driving and "scared" while driving. Must ladies are just scared and mistaking it for being careful. For instance, a lady doing 50-60km/hr and still driving on the left side of the road. That's far from being careful. 90 percent of ladies no nothing about driving rules and dont have the least driving skills.
However, i generally think ladies drive the way they walk. Sluggishly!!!
Re: by Tropilo(m): 12:22am On May 08, 2012
chaircover: what about links that show women that can drive?

NA (Not Available).
Re: by purefella(m): 12:23am On May 08, 2012
Why women are worst drivers is that most of them can't stay focused for a longer time without doing other silly things like talking , looking around if they can see fresh fish to buy while driving and once they see anything they go for it forgetting they are on the road , they just hit the break with their frog little legs , they are also good at doing a lot other funny stuffs and mostly study any female drivers the perfect time for her to make a mistake while driving is when she passed beside the market and she sees fresh tomatoes or whenever she passed beside where they are selling clothes like ankara , lace that goes for older women ,if it's our ladies let them drive pass in-front of big boutique that has a lot female wears hanged outside grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: by Shadyswag(m): 12:26am On May 08, 2012
women are the worst drivers ever,especially when they are late for work they turn the road into a formular 1 track no regard for traffic rules.
Re: by Nobody: 12:32am On May 08, 2012
Posting videos of some crawny women who cannot drive proves nothing...the truth of the matter is...

culled from: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16698153/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/women-drivers-theyre-safer-men/

[size=18pt]Women drivers? They’re safer than men[/size]
Road risk analysis shatters stereotypes about traffic terrors

WASHINGTON — That age-old stereotype about dangerous women drivers is shattered in a big new traffic analysis: Male drivers have a 77 percent higher risk of dying in a car accident than women, based on miles driven.
And the author of the research says he takes it to heart when he travels — his wife takes the wheel.
“I put a mitt in my mouth and ride shotgun,” said David Gerard, a Carnegie Mellon University researcher who co-authored a major new U.S. road risk analysis.....

82-year-old women are 60 percent more likely to die on the road than a 16-year-old boy because they are so frail, said Anne McCartt, a research official at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, who was not part of the study....

....These elderly women have the nation’s highest road death risks even when they’re not driving — five times higher than the national average.

Right behind octogenarians in high risk are young male drivers, ages 16-23, with fatality rates four times higher than average.

That can be attributed to “inexperience and immaturity,”
McCartt said.

Drivers aged 40 and 50 tie for the lowest risk of dying in an accident. But if you’re a male out at 2 a.m. Saturday on a motorcycle in the South, you may want to take out some more insurance.....

[size=18pt]Fatal Car Crash Statistics - Men and Women Behind the Wheel[/size]
By James R Brown

A recent study done by New York City's Department of Transportation found men were drivers in 80% of the vehicle accidents involving pedestrians. Does that mean being a man causes people to get into more car accidents? We can necessarily say that. Because, also, we know that men tend to drive many more miles per year than women do.

Regardless, insurance companies seem to agree that women are less likely to cause a car accident. Men's insurance rates tend to be higher than women's. Why is this? The numbers support it. What ways can we explain the reasons behind the causes described by fatal car crash statistics?

Some social scientists believe that men are more likely to get into car accidents because they tend to be more aggressive and willing to take bigger risks. That means men drive faster, swerve in and out of traffic, are less likely to wear a seat belt, and more likely to drink and drive. Accordingly, social scientists argue, women tend to be more cautious behind the wheel and less willing to take risks that could end in an accident.

Either way, this dispute will not be settled for a long time. In the end, it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman because a car accident will hurt you no matter what.....

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4922968

BOW DOWN!! cheesy cool
These may be American statistics but I can GUARANTEE this is true for all nations the world over!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One / Using "Paint Thinner" As Injector Cleaner / Koenigsegg Posts $2m Regera Crash Test Video To Celebrate 1m Instagram Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.