Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Pushing All Responsibilities To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pushing All Responsibilities To God (398 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / The Expectations And Responsibilities Of Being A Christian / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pushing All Responsibilities To God by Justoc: 9:05pm On May 15, 2016
It is a thing of concern to notice attitudes of some of our Christian brethren – they expect God to do almost everything for them?

They rather stay at home than join a small startup company, all in the name of waiting on God for work in Oil Company.

They will not return your 50 naira balance from that 1 thousand naira expenses but keep fasting and praying that God will favour them to get that 1 million naira contract.

Very difficult thing for them to check the pressure of their car tyres before embarking on a journey, but takes time in prayer calling on the blood of Jesus to cover the road.

They are quick to jump queues at the slightest chance and then stay awake in vigil calling on the name of the Lord to bring peace and discipline in the country.

At their shops, they dump dirts into the gutter and when rain starts while inside the church, they offer prayers that God will protect their apartments from flood.

Oh my people! God is not a magician. Do not mock Him by doing nothing while wishing and praying that He does everything for you. God can do anything you ask of Him, but may not do everything for you. Go learn from the ant how she harvests her food and stores them for the rainy days. Proverbs 6:6. Oh my people! Our land is being destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6.

What can you say about this attitude? Share your advice to our people.

www.blog.floatingingrace.com

Re: Pushing All Responsibilities To God by NaijaQT(f): 9:25pm On May 15, 2016
As stated in another post, my parents instilled in me that God helps those who help themselves.

(1) (Reply)

General Superintendent Of Deeperlife Bible Church Is 75 Today / Advise For Christain Brothers And Sisters In These Trial Times. / Financial Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.