Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Java Programming Advice Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Programming Advice Needed (1059 Views)

What Type Of App Or Software Can One Use To Learn Java Programming / Java Programming / Java Programming & Android App Development Tutorials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Programming Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 15, 2016
Please I need your candid advice and suggestions, am new to programming and am about to go learn java programming In one of the topnotch computer training institutes In Nigeria for a period of 6months and it will cost about 170k. Please I need to know if java programming is worth the money or I should back out and look for a roadside computer center which is cheaper?. I would really love your honest and reasonable opinions
Re: Java Programming Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 15, 2016
6 months is too short to learn programming from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Java Programming Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 15, 2016
Really? Does that mean I won't learn much of the applicable lessons within 6months?
Re: Java Programming Advice Needed by omoelu1(m): 10:01pm On May 15, 2016
moendowed:
Really? Does that mean I won't learn much of the applicable lessons within 6months?
Mr, 6 months is enough for you to learn something tangible and practicable enough. Bear in mind that you can't learn everything in 6 months neither will you in 10 years.
For you now, it boils down to two things:-
- how good your instructors will be
- how motivated you personally are.

A lot of people learnt programming on their own though (I am an example), but it is always a plus having someone to walk you through.

1 Like

Re: Java Programming Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 15, 2016
Thanks for this captivating opinion
Re: Java Programming Advice Needed by hexy40: 11:08pm On May 15, 2016
My opinion: It depends on your plan. if you plan to work for a company, then its better to go to the institute because they issue certification which will help you during job hunt but if you just want the knowledge for personal use, You can get books and tutorials which will cost you nothing(Except the money u used to buy data). eg www.thenewboston.com for videos.
When you run into issues you can always ask google or ask questions on www.stackoverflow.com.
The best thing about the stackoverflow is that most times, someone must have asked the question you intend on asking... so u can just read up the answer.

1 Like

Re: Java Programming Advice Needed by oluwaskulboy(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2016
DEVELOPING AN ANDROID APP, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/05/developing- android-app-know/

(1) (Reply)

Just Finished Serving My Ban!!! / Jsf Hosting / Ios Developer And Nodejs Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.