Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies (34884 Views)

Abiodun Aremu 'Baba Sabiko' Is Dead / DJ Olu Abiodun's Family Conducts Autopsy. Releases Statement On His Death / Ajay Ajimobi Mourns DJ Olu Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Tushed: 10:24pm On May 15, 2016
The Managing Director of Remdel Optimum Communications and Director of Remdel TV, Mrs. Abiodun Ibitola, has passed on.

She was said to have died while receiving treatment for an illness at a hospital in Ile-Ife, Osun State.

Her husband and Remdel Chairman, Mr. Remi Ibitola, confirmed the death in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Sunday.

Together with the husband, the deceased was the producer of several Yoruba movies that include Afonja, Owo Eje, Ofin Ga and Ojo Ola.

Ibitola was a graduate of Theatre Arts from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, where she majored in directing.

She worked at various radio and television houses, including the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria.

She was a winner of Best Indigenous Film Producer of the ZAFA Award, London, 2009; Nollywood Outstanding Personality Award, 2007; and Award of Excellence in Creativity by Yoruba Studies Association

Also, Ibitola was the founder and a trustee of The Independent Film and Video Producers and Marketers Association of Nigeria, Chairperson Coalition of Associations of Film and Video Distributors in Nigeria and Festival Director, Festival of Indigenous African Language Films.

SOURCE http://www.punchng.com/film-producer-abiodun-ibitola-dies/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by jaksabbey(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2016
RIP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by ybalogs(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2016
From God we came from and to Him we'll return. Death as they say is inevitable. RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 15, 2016
eeeyah rest in peace
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Tushed: 6:15am On May 16, 2016
She is one of the finest producer of Yoruba genre. She co-own Remdel TV, Startimes Channel 171 with her husband Remi Ibitola.

Another Tragic loss to Nollywood.

Visit: http://www.remdel.tv

We need this on the FP please

Moderators please.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by santanamimi(f): 10:54am On May 16, 2016
Eyaa
Rip mama.
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by tayo200(m): 10:56am On May 16, 2016
my gf just left me...**crying** BTW .RIP to her
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by omehsmovie: 10:56am On May 16, 2016
RIP
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Feranmicharles(m): 10:56am On May 16, 2016
ehwo. na d woman sef shocked
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by mamajaz(f): 10:57am On May 16, 2016
R. I. P. madam
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by omotola01(f): 10:57am On May 16, 2016
rest in peace
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by macaranta(m): 10:58am On May 16, 2016
Rip
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by TFLAME(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2016
Rip
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by ayoolataiwo(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2016
RIP
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by amagunnerfan: 11:00am On May 16, 2016
tayo200:
my gf just left me...**crying**
BTW .RIP to her
Imagine it was your mother that died and someone is joking about it? You are joking about someone's mother's death.

Shows are poor an upbringing you had.

Rip to the dead.

3 Likes

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by juman(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2016
Sorry o.

1 Like

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Stevebamdex(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2016
Tushed:
She is one of the finest producer of Yoruba genre. She co-own Remdel TV, Startimes Channel 171 with her husband Remi Ibitola.

Another Tragic loss to Nollywood.

Visit: http://www.remdel.tv

We need this on the FP please

Moderators please.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Sir, are you saying we have remdel tv on startimes?

1 Like

Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by neolboy(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2016
Some are dieing while some are celebrating. rip to the dead
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by fpeter(f): 11:05am On May 16, 2016
Regards to her family
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by obaival(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2016
Death everywhere

R. I. P
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by juman(m): 11:12am On May 16, 2016
It is sad news.
I remember the film "Afonja".
Those in films industry makes us proud.

Unfortunate. Good people dies while useless "leaders" that destroy the country live.
Condolence to the family, the film industry and the films lovers.
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by MasterofNL: 11:21am On May 16, 2016
praizeblog:
eeeyah rest in peace
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Omotall(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2016
saddeness..RIP embarassed
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by SlimHan(f): 11:25am On May 16, 2016
rip to the dead
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by Houseofglam7(f): 12:06pm On May 16, 2016
Dunno her, but R.I.P ma'am
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by tayo200(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Imagine it was your mother that died and someone is joking about it? You are joking about someone's mother's death.

Shows are poor an upbringing you had.

Rip to the dead.
imagine it was ur mother that died, will u av time to see and quote my comment? park well joh
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by amagunnerfan: 2:42pm On May 16, 2016
tayo200:

imagine it was ur mother that died, will u av time to see and quote my comment? park well joh
You lack manners. It is obvious. A slap on your parents really.
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by bringbackourGEJ: 3:55pm On May 16, 2016
RIP.
Re: Film Producer, Abiodun Ibitola, Dies by junta007(f): 5:52pm On May 16, 2016
RIP

(1) (2) (Reply)

#10YearsChallenge: Bolanle Ninolowo & Wife Kiss In Then Vs Recent Photos / Onyii Alex Wears Sexy See-Through Black Gown / Davido Buys himself A Brand New Range Rover Jeep for Christmas [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.