Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (20832 Views)

10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2016
29. When the the Pyramids of Giza were built, there were still Mammoths roaming the earth.

Last living Mammoths: 1700 B.C.

Construction of the Pyramids of Giza: 2550 - 2490 B.C.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by titi4fola(f): 6:14pm On May 16, 2016
Hmmm-mmm.... can't do without it, I'm truly enjoying this, next please.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by mamawin(f): 6:16pm On May 16, 2016
Lumiere91:
Don't b surprised d humanzee was a success.mayb now in underground laboratories
I was thinking the same. since I read 'when the wind blows' by James Patterson, where bird eggs are planted in human, later removed and put in a lab, bla bla bla, I knew those oyinbo can try anything once it crosses their mind

2 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by tk4rd: 6:20pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
10. A river under Mexico ocean.
Explain this one well ooo

3 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by tipzy001: 7:01pm On May 16, 2016
tk4rd:
Explain this one well ooo
. most probably as a result of the river water more dense than the ocean water.. That's a reasonable explanation I could come up with

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by cmaque(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2016
Its explorer again,always with interesting topics.The only one I'm following on NL.keep it up bro

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Obas101(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
19. . People were buried alive so often in the 19th century that inventors patented safety coffins that would give the “dead” the ability to alert those above ground if they were still alive.

I think about this occasionally.. Especially in Islam where d dead are buried immediately

3 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Dfinex(f): 8:41pm On May 16, 2016
nwaanambra1:

[size=13pt]in Nigeria she is a serious suspect and needs to be investigated! She be confirmed witch cheesy

na she dey cause all the calamities - if not tell me wetin carry ha go all the places wey the calamity wan happen? she just dey there to observe how many people wey she harvest their lives! cheesy[/size]

exactly what was going on in my head...lolss
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Dfinex(f): 8:47pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
10. A river under Mexico ocean.
River under ocean? ...I no understand. .
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Idydarling(f): 8:50pm On May 16, 2016
I'm here too o, hope e never finish?
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Dfinex(f): 8:57pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
20. Animals were put on trial in medieval times and routinely sentenced to death.

quite hilarious. .
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by playtheblues(f): 9:21pm On May 16, 2016
OBJ comes to mind.

Lumiere91:
Don't b surprised d humanzee was a success.mayb now in underground laboratories

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by ObiOkpor(m): 9:33pm On May 16, 2016
whitecloth:

Bros, take it easy now, you can't just write off the generation yet unborn like that o.
they will read our history and follow suit.

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by femifemo123: 9:41pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
2. Fingerprints.

These two men look nearly identical, they had the same name, and they were sent to the same prison. Before imprisonment, they had never met. They are the reason why fingerprints are now used to identify people.
The West Case!

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by femifemo123: 9:42pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
2. Fingerprints.

These two men look nearly identical, they had the same name, and they were sent to the same prison. Before imprisonment, they had never met. They are the reason why fingerprints are now used to identify people.
The West Case - Will West and William West

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2016
30. A massive stack of liquor barrels, collected by the authorities in 1924 and ready to be set ablaze. This was during Prohibition, when liquor was outlawed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 10:13pm On May 16, 2016
31. Unbelievable: Two collided bullets from the battle of Gallipoli.

These two bullets were found after the Battle of Gallipoli which started in 1915 and ended in 1916 during WWI.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by pamcode(m): 10:16pm On May 16, 2016
Another educating thread by Explorers. Keep it up bro
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by femifemo123: 10:19pm On May 16, 2016
Very educative
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:21pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
4. Anna Mae Dickinson must be the luckiest person ever.

This has to be the luckiest woman to ever live. Over the course of her life, she survived the sinking of the Titanic and the Lusitania, the Hindenburg explosion, the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and the terrorist attacks of September 11, at which point her apartment was destroyed by the collapse of the World Trade Center. I think we've finally tracked down Lady Luck herself.
They Said The Story Is Not Real, Dat It's A Lie
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 10:37pm On May 16, 2016
32. Liverpool school children wearing gas masks during the war.

In 1941, the bombings of London created a scary environment for families with regards to their children. Gas masks were commonplace throughout the UK, just to be safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by joseph1832(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2016
Explorers:
21. Between 1525 and 1866, 12.5 million Africans were kidnapped and sold into slavery in the United States, Caribbean, and South America.
Lezz, this was exactly what I was talking about. They came here, carted us off like animals, molested and de_humanized us, then they have the effrontery to come here and tell us killing twins is barbaric, when they were fully aware, we didn't know any better.

And one would think these peeps who profited from slavery were actually more educated and enlightened than our fore fathers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by FisifunKododada: 2:54am On May 17, 2016
cheesy
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Nobody: 5:06am On May 17, 2016
[quote author=Explorers post=45671196]11. Officially, the longest war in history was between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly, which lasted from 1651 to 1986. There were no casualties[quote]no casualties!i tink dere were just keepin malice,nothing more..

5 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by eitsei(m): 6:09am On May 17, 2016
Obas101:

I think about this occasionally.. Especially in Islam where d dead are buried immediately
it's not immediately like that, the dead will be left for at least 6 hours before burial
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2016

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 7:59am On May 17, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by JustOzito(f): 8:19am On May 17, 2016
wow
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by rheether(f): 8:39am On May 17, 2016
Explorers:
3. The shortest war ever lasted less than an hour.

The Anglo-Zanzibar War lasted only 38 minutes, making it the shortest war in history.

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by jaelz(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2016
Explorers:
21. Between 1525 and 1866, 12.5 million Africans were kidnapped and sold into slavery in the United States, Caribbean, and South America.
Fucking apartheid movement ama end that shii i swear
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2016
36. Crushing was typically used in Europe or America in order to extract a plea from a victim. Every time the victim refused, more weight was added to their chest until fatal suffocation would occur.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Inside, Untold Story Of The 2017 JAMB Examination, By Reuben Abati / UPDATED: How Any Student Can Make Money Writing Online. / Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.