Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

African Belives Beggars Belief - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Belives Beggars Belief (881 Views)

Is It Bad To Change Money From Beggars? / Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? / Reincarnation And Past Lives: Fundamental Belief In The Igbo Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Belives Beggars Belief by yomz1e(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2016
The albino who confronted a witchdoctor http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36131711

Stephane Ebongue fled Cameroon because of the colour of his skin - his albinism made him a target for those who believe such people have special powers. Years later he returned home to confront a witchdoctor, and to question him about the practice of using human body parts in "magic" potions.

An albino girl in my church told her employer she will never come to Nigeria even though shes Nigerian based on demonic practices like this. Please share your stories. This barbaric act must stop!

Re: African Belives Beggars Belief by delishpot: 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
That practice is not common in Naija.
Re: African Belives Beggars Belief by TheSupremeBeing: 11:04am On May 17, 2016
Re: African Belives Beggars Belief by Peritus(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2016
Op, I don't really know what you are saying We have plenty albinos here, especially in the east, and I have never heard of their killing here, even as a tale of the past.

(1) (Reply)

Which Part Of Nigeria Is This Cultural Dress From? / Check Out This paintings By A yabatech Graduate / Why Do Young Igbos Hide In The UK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.