Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help (1035 Views)

Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Help! Implementing A Horizontal Looper With Dreamweaver / Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by kelechiodo(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2009
I'm designing a dynamic website using dreamweaver, php/mysqul. I have a username form where one is expected to login and have access to his profile just as it does with jambonline where a person will login with his registarion number and have access to his photocard. Php experts can help with coding. Please can anyone help
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2009
Your question is not clear, is it that you want someone to code all that for you, or you want to outsource it, or you are stuck somewhere
and refused to tell us where, or you dont know how to code and need someone to teach you, or you can code to an extent but do not
know how to tackle the issue programmatically? I am willing to help you if you know precisely what it is that you want.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by yawatide(f): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
yeah, this is a TALL order. My gut tells me he wants "free script" that does it all for him. Not inherently bad in itself, just that the poster won't learn that way, IMHO. For instance, if it doesn't compile, he will be back to bug you even more, rather than try and figure it out himself.

poster: This isn't a one-liner. It actually is very involved, including making the code secure. I would suggest you google up a tutorial. For example, I assume you already have a database set up. No database, no need coding, IMHO.

Hopefully, dhtml can help. Good luck!
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
Me help? for wia? i was just blowing my mauth dia! *as if i can even use DW sef*
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by biggjoe(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2009
I have been there before.

It is important to know if you have already created your database that has a field for username and password.

If you have done that and can connect to your database from Dreamweaver, then you are almost there.

Dreamweaver will help you do the rest.

So, have you created your DB and can connect to it from dreamweaver?
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 18, 2009
zat is the problem, we are not sure of what the problem is!
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Afam(m): 8:19am On Aug 18, 2009
As I have always stated on this forum, people should stop learning on actual/real projects because not only can you make or mar yourself you stand a good chance of rubbishing a project that would in turn discourage a lot of people from developing applications for their businesses.

A lot of people today do not want to hear anything about websites because they know or have heard about projects that were paid for but never delivered.

As long as projects continue to go bad the industry will not grow and web developers will be the ones that will bear the brunt of the whole thing.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by biggjoe(m): 9:42am On Aug 18, 2009
what I really dont understand on this NL webmasters forum is that people will come here and request for help but when you are about to help them they run and never come back to their own topic.

Na waaa oo!
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by sisqology(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2009
Dw and writing codes, which is better? @gurus
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by sisqology(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2009
Usin Dw and writing codes, which is better? @gurus
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by biggjoe(m): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2009
sisqology:

Usin Dw and writing codes, which is better? @gurus

Knowing how to use DW is a big step for a starter but DW cannot do MOST things for you. You have to write your own codes sometimes.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by sisqology(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2009
Abi o, Coz when people talk bout Dw,i use to wonder if it's beta, Best is: write codes in Dw, right?
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 19, 2009
I prefer to write codes, but use libraries to increase speed, and also CMS when necessary.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by sholyboy89: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2009
Dreameaver produces sluggish code, DON'T USE IT!!
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Aug 19, 2009
sholyboy89:

Dreameaver produces sluggish code, DON'T USE IT!!

What do u mean by sluggish codes.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by biggjoe(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
afam4eva:

What do u mean by sluggish codes.

I was going to ask the same question too.

If you have gone through codes created by DW, you will see that their codes are written with security in mind.

the only shortcomings is that the dynamisms required on most sites today are not yet available in DW though im yet to use the CS version.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
Sluggish is subjective! I have a little question to ask. I dont like dreamweaver because it limits me a lot.
But how easy will it be to develop a site like www..com in DW ? and somewhere i read that
DW can be very useful in development joomla sites, but details were not mentioned there?
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by yawatide(f): 3:54am On Aug 20, 2009
I personally prefer the phrase, "bloated code" cos of all the unnecessary code it tends to generate, courtesy of design view.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 20, 2009
The design view i suspect is what makes many copy-pasters happy. Easy way out! But those that can code can use it better, but not for me.
I have tried it before, but it does not support my own pattern of coding / development, so i gave up 3 times.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by RuuDie(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ dhtml,

which editors do u use / prefer to use when coding in PHP ?
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by lojik(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
i use dreamweaver and notepad++ well.
IMHO there's nothing wrong with DW as it is very good for coding. i dont use any of their codes from design view as it contains a lot of "bloated code" that increase my file size and also make it obvious that its DW. Their syntax highlighting is quite nice and their auto-suggestion serves as a good shortcut to a reference library wen i 4get a command's SYNTAX.

If u wanna use dreamweaver well, u shd be good enuf to code everything from scratch. that way, DW can make u code faster but dont start relying on DW to do ur coding and db connections e.t.c for you if u will end up complaining of their codes. i recommend DW CS3 and above.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by fastchange: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
Have you guys tried the Zend Studio. Although it tends towards PHP more but it gives you more support when coding ie syntax highlighting, auto-complete (even with your custom functions), reference to PHP documentation right on the IDE, But in place of a WYSIWYG design view, it has a live view: an in-built browser which i really do not appreciate. But in general, for most code-it-yourself centric people like meself, its a wonderful IDE plus its absolutely free.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2009
I combine phpdesigner 2007 / Notepad++ / komodo edit 5 / css editor lite for all my web coding.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by fastchange: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2009
phpdesigner is also nice IDE, its close to zend studio. all these for PHP anyway.
Re: Dreamweaver (php/mysql) Help by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 22, 2009
I write dhtml (combination of all of them from html - css - jscript - php - mysql) codes usually w3c xhtml/css compliant. And use all those editors in most of my projects.

(1) (Reply)

WHMCS Billing System Service (lisence, Integration, Template, Development ) / Drive Traffic To Your Blog With This Back Linking List & Increase S.E.O / Promote Your Web Site Here For FREE At The World Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.