Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! (992 Views)

Top 10 Greatest Rivalries In Club Football / Millionaires Club Football Pool / Club Football Transfers This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by khanye(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
UEFA announced this morning the names of the players in contention for the UEFA Club Football Awards, which will be presented before the draw for the Champions League group stage at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on August 27.

Barcelona dominate this year's awards, with half of the 12 contenders hailing from the treble-winning side.

The coaches of the 16 sides that reached the knock-out phase of last season's Champions League will now cast their votes for each position and will also nominate the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year.

UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year

Petr Cech (Chelsea)
Victor Valdes (Barcelona)
Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United)

UEFA Club Defender of the Year

Gerard Pique (Barcelona)
John Terry (Chelsea)
Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United)

UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona)
Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)

UEFA Club Forward of the Year

Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona, now Inter)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, now Real Madrid)

I think we are picking all the awards grin cheesy
Forza Barca!
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by MrCrackles(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2009
Not surprised at the list at all. . . .
Fair enough!
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by Sauron1: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ Khanye,

This will work against Barcelona as the votes will be split except in the case of Messi.
VDS will win the best goalie. . . . .Vidic will win the best defender. . . .Gerrard will win the best midfielder and Messi will win best forward.

Barca fans will split their votes on Xavi and Iniesta allowing Gerrard to win.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by chic2pimp(m): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Khanye,

This will work against Barcelona as the votes will be split except in the case of Messi.
VDS will win the best goalie. . . . .Vidic will win the best defender. . . .Gerrard will win the best midfielder and Messi will win best forward.

really think so. I see barca sweeping dis awards.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by khanye(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Khanye,

Let's wait n see cool
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by Sauron1: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

really think so. I see barca sweeping dis awards.

I know why i said so in the case of Xavi and Iniesta.
If the nominees were Xavi/Lampard/Gerrard. . . .then it's a no-brainer. Xavi will win it.
But as it is now, Barcelona fans will be split on Xavi and Iniesta thus allowing Gerrard to sneak the votes.
Same thing happened to Man Utd last season. . . .Chelsea players won everything bar Ronaldo.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by khanye(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2009
Vidic will win the best defender

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyaoYb1v5A&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

best defender my foot grin
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by ogazi007(m): 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2009
Messi is certain.
xavi should allow inesta to win this one.
pique is good but the other two are more experience than him.puyol would have been better.
valdes valdes, i dont think people like him that much.
All in all,its victory for ALMIGHTY BARCA.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by mukina2: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2009
No Yaya? angry angry angry angry
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by chic2pimp(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

I know why i said so in the case of Xavi and Iniesta.
If the nominees were Xavi/Lampard/Gerrard. . . .then it's a no-brainer. Xavi will win it.
But as it is now, Barcelona fans will be split on Xavi and Iniesta thus allowing Gerrard to sneak the votes.
Same thing happened to Man Utd last season. . . .Chelsea players won everything bar Ronaldo.
last season awards was fradulent. Rio was by a mile in my opinion the best  defender. Dis years awards would not be rigged.
khanye:

[flash=400,350]

grin grin grin chei u wicked ooo. Cuz of one mistake. We all know vidic is quality.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by ogazi007(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

[flash=400,350]

samu!!!!!!wat a finish?
samu we love u and we will miss u no doubt.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
mukina2:

No Yaya? angry angry angry angry

He's not that good, he simply plays for a great side. Arsenal will be as good as Barcelona in 2-3 seasons max.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

UEFA voters will remember the day Shakthar Donetsk strikers raped Gerard Pique at Nou Camp.
That club is ranked 16th in Europe. grin
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by chic2pimp(m): 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

UEFA voters will remember the day Shakthar Donetsk strikers raped Gerard Pique at Nou Camp.
That club is ranked 16th in Europe. grin
grin grin grin. Pique is inexperienced while vidic is exprienced tongue tongue. Thats pique's excuse.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by chic2pimp(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

He's not that good, he simply plays for a great side. Arsenal will be as good as Barcelona in 2-3 seasons max.
and he wakes up from his dream,smiles and goes back to bed grin tongue grin
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by Sauron1: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin. Pique is inexperienced while vidic is exprienced tongue tongue. Thats pique's excuse.

Same Pique that scored 2 UCL goals for Man Utd in 2007/8?
Pique is better than all the CBs in Liverpool and Arsenal.
He was sold because it is hard to put him ahead of Ferdinand and Vidic. . . .Terry and Gallas cannot play ahead of Rio/Vidic.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by chic2pimp(m): 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Same Pique that scored 2 UCL goals for Man Utd in 2007/8?
Pique is better than all the CBs in Liverpool and Arsenal.
He was sold because it is hard to put him ahead of Ferdinand and Vidic. . . .Terry and Gallas cannot play ahead of Rio/Vidic.
that is debatable me thinks
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by mukina2: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

Yes he is, that list is dodgy.

Sharon . . .pique was exposed in the confed grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by khanye(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

Pique is still young, he won 2 consecutive UCL trophy!
Dont compare them!
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by chic2pimp(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

Pique is still young, he won 2 consecutive UCL trophy!
Dont compare them!
so who do ya think is berra?
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by khanye(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

so who do ya think is berra?

They are both good!
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by eyonigger(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2009
I pretty much understand what The dark lord is pointing out there. Its a fact, however I see Barca (present and former players of least season taking most awards.
Re: Barcelona Stars Dominate Uefa Club Football Awards! by kayality: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2009
YES THEY WORK HARD,, THEN THEY DESERVE THE AWARDS

(1) (Reply)

Bus Carrying Adebayor And Other Togolese Team Mates Shot At By Rebels. / Chelsea Fc :: The Talent Killers / BPL 2016/2017 Fixtures Released.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.