Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. (9016 Views)

A Nice Gift For Ur Spouse This Festive Period. Its Our Promo Season. Get Urs Now / Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? / Help! This Voice In My Head Keep Telling Me To End It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:21am On May 18, 2016
Kimoni:
grin grin grin grin

Bebe2, why are you making us feel baddest? cry cry cry

Sorry for me naa grin

I no fit scratch pikin body and pack shiit at the same time.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 11:47am On May 18, 2016
bebe2:

Sorry for me naa grin

I dont mean to sound bitter but u cant be blamed because our leaders have finished us with bad leadership in this country. Ant foreigner reading this post will feel Nigeria is a fourth world shit hole.

This attitude displayed by the Op is common with Nigerians in the diaspora who feed off the negative reportage by the media about the state of affairs in this country. I have siblings who grew up in Nigeria but now feel pompous and look down on we in Nigeria even though we dont beg them for money. I state here and now that Nigeria may have its issues but its not as bad as being portrayed vide this thread, we still have basic infrastructure up and running and we have people living well here too.

I hope all gets well soon sha because it seems we in Nigeria dont know how bad thinga have become.

20 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Kimoni: 11:47am On May 18, 2016
bebe2:

Sorry for me naa grin

Definitely, I would take the same precautions; infact, I did the same thing when I was bringing my LO over for the first time but he coped much more than I thought.

But I'm sure it will be fine. Pls don't worry too much smiley now you are reminding me of babyosisi angry

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Kimoni: 11:53am On May 18, 2016
Alcatraz001:

I dont mean to sound bitter but u cant be blamed because our leaders have finished us with bad leadership in this country. Ant foreigner reading this post will feel Nigeria is a fourth world shit hole.

This attitude displayed by the Op is common with Nigerians in the diaspora who feed off the negative reportage by the media about the state of affairs in this country. I have siblings who grew up in Nigeria but now feel pompous and look down on we in Nigeria even though we dont beg them for money. I state here and now that Nigeria may have its issues but its not as bad as being portrayed vide this thread, we still have basic infrastructure up and running and we have people living well here too.

I hope all gets well soon sha because it seems we in Nigeria dont know how bad thinga have become.

Don't worry, very very soon, Naija will be soo good that we'll be screening diasporans (even with their Naija passports) at the airport before they come in to our country so they won't come and lick the milk and honey that would be flowing in our land wink

3 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 12:57pm On May 18, 2016
Kimoni:

Don't worry, very very soon, Naija will be soo good that we'll be screening diasporans (even with their Naija passports) at the airport before they come in to our country so they won't come and lick the milk and honey that would be flowing in our land wink

Amen ooo.

And the nurse was asking me to go look for my yellow fever or I won't be allowed into Nigeria. grin

I just laughed, wen someone helped me to avoid the que during the ebola screening. Think he gave the officer #500 for both of us.

He was going to Sweden and I was going to london. Never got screened.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Onegai(f): 1:13pm On May 18, 2016
bebe2:

Lol @ tomatoes.

We staying in at home in lagos and hotel in Benin city.

I will probably need to buy here, because if something happens the quilt will first kill me.

But £40 shocked, this pple are wicked oo

Expect that guests will flock to visit you, rather than offering to host you guys to lunch cheesy even me, I'm telling people "please eat before you come and visit, no stew".
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by mostyg(m): 1:23pm On May 18, 2016
Is Nigeria this bad?

2 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 1:33pm On May 18, 2016
Onegai:

Expect that guests will flock to visit you, rather than offering to host you guys to lunch cheesy even me, I'm telling people "please eat before you come and visit, no stew".

grin

Am bringing my tomatoes oo,

No handbag or the shirt for anyone .

Name tomatoes sure pass cool
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 1:36pm On May 18, 2016
mostyg:
Is Nigeria this bad?

Well , I have no answer to dat oo

Just bear in mind dat children who love outside the country are not as malaria resistant as we are.

All precautions shudder be taken, I cannot go to prison for oo, not to talk of losing a child.

3 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Chazzyboy: 2:46pm On May 18, 2016
bebe2:
hi family,

am travelling to nigeria in 2weeks with my two little ones age 8 and 5.

i have bought and done all i can remember, clothes, vaccines, insects and mosquito repellant,

all their cereals and a few snacks.

is there anything am forgetting.

i was thinking of getting malaria tablets here but they

want to charge me 19 pounds for 22tablets per child, so i refused. is this a good idea?

what malaria tabs can i give my kids when we get nigeria?

also get a treated mosquito net

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by babythug(f): 11:08am On May 19, 2016
@bebe2 I rather like your spirit and attitude plus patience in. Responding to some of the commenters who are misconstruing your post.

People no one is saying Nigeria is bad. not that is would be an entire lie anyway she's just trying to ensure that the children will be comfortable during the visit that's all.

Its like when people from the city visit the villages for ileya/sallah and the likes we carry cereals,caprisonnne for children sometimes even raw foodstuff to make the trip fun and comfortable for everyone.

Let's cut ourselves some slack we are not the generation that made Naija the way it is. We are all working towards changing things around here.

Easy oh my people!,

One love#

13 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 19, 2016
babythug:
@bebe2 I rather like your spirit and attitude plus patience in. Responding to some of the commenters who are misconstruing your post.

People no one is saying Nigeria is bad. not that is would be an entire lie anyway she's just trying to ensure that the children will be comfortable during the visit that's all.

Its like when people from the city visit the villages for ileya/sallah and the likes we carry cereals,caprisonnne for children sometimes even raw foodstuff to make the trip fun and comfortable for everyone.

Let's cut ourselves some slack we are not the generation that made Naija the way it is. We are all working towards changing things around here.

Easy oh my people!,

One love#
I am not against people Who are used to staying outside the country taking some precautions about their health.

But then,this things OP is packing and packing are readily available in Nigeria even in cities less developed than Lagos..

I remember my first time visiting Lagos, it felt like a different planet,though I stay in a state's capital of another state.

You can get practically everything you need in Lagos.

And its not like malaria will jump and fly on people,as long as they don't get bitten by carrier mosquitoes.

About people having running stomach,it is just their body reacting to food they are not used to,or they were not hygienic about what they took in.

All this will not just happen because you visit Nigeria.

But for the Kids safety,every precaution measures should be taken.

3 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 2:58pm On May 19, 2016
pucelle:

I am not against people Who are used to staying outside the country taking some precautions about their health.

But then,this things OP is packing and packing are readily available in Nigeria even in cities less developed than Lagos..

I remember my first time visiting Lagos, it felt like a different planet,though I stay in a state's capital of another state.

You can get practically everything you need in Lagos.

And its not like malaria will jump and fly on people,as long as they don't get bitten by carrier mosquitoes.

About people having running stomach,it is just their body reacting to food they are not used to,or they were not hygienic about what they took in.

All this will not just happen because you visit Nigeria.

But for the Kids safety,every precaution measures should be taken.

Yea, everything are there, half of them are fake.

I once use an intimate wash In Nigeria and almost died. It burnt like hell.

I rather bring all the products that they are used to to avoid stories that touch. Like u said it's just for the kids.

For me and hubby, we looking forward to "Mama put " rice that we going to each and all the fresh fruit.

Foreign kids are damn sensitive. Common Spain we went to in April , they all came back with rashes all over their body.

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 3:03pm On May 19, 2016
[center][/center]
babythug:

Easy oh my people!,

One love#

I thot long and hard before posting it.

I just had no choice, my 10yr old is going to China next week, the eldest is off to London, the rest of naija.

Na only me , my brain just froze and I decided to post and also wait for the bashing grin

It comes with the territory, u get some gud advise and some insults. But they have been much kinder than I expected smiley

2 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by marbee(f): 7:11pm On May 19, 2016
I get were you are coming from Op,
When it involves kids one have to take safety measures before hand,

Even when I take my kids to another state,in the same Nigeria. They still get sick through out our stay,from coughing to vomiting,to diarrhea. Upon my boiling of water,to sleeping in treated nets.

Change of environment affect kids a lot,
But with enough preventive measures they will be fine grin

Take anything take able along, to avoid stories that touch,and also to enjoy your stay.

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 19, 2016
Alcatraz001:

You've said it all. Reading comments from the OP & other contributors will make outsiders think Nigeria is one big jungle with absolutely nothing working. See the way they are discussing malaria as if its ebola+SARS cheesy Nigeria haf suffered.

4 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 19, 2016
Good luck o.

Just get ready for plenty ant bites...invisible vaccinated mosquitoes, chinchi(bedbugs from hotels), sand flies, running stomach.. you can't escape it o.

Nigerian mosquitoes have been vaccinated against repelants. They even penetrate through pyjamas and mosquito nets.

Don't forget your insect bite cream sha.

It will only make them tougher. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by 735i(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2016
Bebe2.. how far nau?
Long time... You fit help me bring one shoe?
Abeg....it's very light... I can order and have it delivered to your house...then I'll pick it up when you get into naija..
Biko embarassed
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:27pm On May 19, 2016
735i:
Bebe2.. how far nau?
Long time... You fit help me bring one shoe?
Abeg....it's very light... I can order and have it delivered to your house...then I'll pick it up when you get into naija..
Biko embarassed

awww, wish i could.

sorry not this time.

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:29pm On May 19, 2016
Chillisauce:
Good luck o.

Just get ready for plenty ant bites...invisible vaccinated mosquitoes, chinchi(bedbugs from hotels), sand flies, running stomach.. you can't escape it o.

Nigerian mosquitoes have been vaccinated against repelants. They even penetrate through pyjamas and mosquito nets.

Don't forget your insect bite cream sha.

It will only make them tougher. cheesy

lol

suffrey na,

u wan take hypertension kill me??

i have bought the malaria medicine, i close eye pay the money cheesy

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:36pm On May 19, 2016
marbee:
I get were you are coming from Op,
When it involves kids one have to take safety measures before hand,

Even when I take my kids to another state,in the same Nigeria. They still get sick through out our stay,from coughing to vomiting,to diarrhea. Upon my boiling of water,to sleeping in treated nets.

Change of environment affect kids a lot,
But with enough preventive measures they will be fine grin

Take anything take able along, to avoid stories that touch,and also to enjoy your stay.

God bless my sister,

am packing as much as i can, i want them to be comfortable and want to come back to naija.

its going to be a fun trip, not a punishment.

and my daughter can cry like there is no tomorrow, i dare not make her get diarhea grin

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:40pm On May 19, 2016
Vikings007:
You've said it all. Reading comments from the OP & other contributors will make outsiders think Nigeria is one big jungle with absolutely nothing working. See the way they are discussing malaria as if its ebola+SARS cheesy Nigeria haf suffered.

hm, dont be complacent oo,

malaria kills, its no joke. why do u think the WHO spend so much money and time on it.

if u bring it to the uk, u will be isolated straight away, and treated like a leper.

prevention is better than cure.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Jahblessme: 11:14pm On May 19, 2016
Bookmarking this ,very useful.
Normally it's great to carry all this load as it makes things handier for you just incase of emergencies instead of running helter skelter.
My kids are younger than yours so i carry paracetamol,anti-histamine,ear plugs(cos of pain in ear while flying),jug filter, sunglasses and sunscreen(they burn very easily).
Malaria isn't a joke at all,this is a disease that kills millions yearly so best for the kids to take the meds so you can have peace of mind.
I hope you are packing with a list so that you cross off what you have and be very organised.

PS What's with the tomato thingy?Is it now scarce?I'm going this year as well so does that mean i have to go with plum tomatoes?
Hope its a joke ooo.

Safe trip ma.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 7:55am On May 20, 2016
Jahblessme:
Normally it's great to carry all this load as it makes things handier for you just incase of emergencies instead of running helter skelter.
My kids are younger than yours so i carry paracetamol,anti-histamine,ear plugs(cos of pain in ear while flying),jug filter, sunglasses and sunscreen(they burn very easily).
Malaria isn't a joke at all,this is a disease that kills millions yearly so best for the kids to take the meds so you can have peace of mind.
I hope you are packing with a list so that you cross off what you have and be very organised.

PS What's with the tomato thingy?Is it now scarce?I'm going this year as well so does that mean i have to go with plum tomatoes?
Hope its a joke ooo.

Safe trip ma.

LOL na so dem talk o!
4 small tomatoes for N500 shocked shocked

Bebe is doing the right thing and I like how she has naturedly responded to every criticism
When it comes to kids you dont mess around
Besides you want them to be comfortable and have fun so that they do want to go back next time

I pack and pack too
Excess most times
When you are on a 2 week holiday you don't have time to start looking for things in shops
You also don't have time to do trial and error
I pack everything I need too even salt.

I dont live near the Island or Shoprite and for many things I don't know which brand is better than the other in the market
I also dont know that the brand I bought in January is still the best brand in June.
I have such little experience of purchasing that I cant tell fake from original
Its got nothing to do with being better than anyone else
I took my tea and coffee to Spain with me in April
Holidays are meant to be enjoyed, not under stress

Bebe if you have time, please dont just take your kids visiting relatives as that can be boring for them, but also take them to interesting places
such as Olumo Rock, Badagry, Ikogosi warm springs, Erin jesha waterfall, the Zoo, whispering palms etc
My kids have been to all these places, except Olumo Rock
Take them to the market, including a fabric market, let them choose fabric and get a tailor to make something they like with it.
Take them to the cinema
I took her to UI bookshop to browse and pick up a few books

Even the gari and elubo sellers on the Lagos Ibadan road was an experience and my pikin felt so cool that the seller gave her her own little bag of gari as extra and she smoked gari for the first time right there in the car on the way to Lagos.

Let them experience the real thing
By the second week I will stand by the gate and send her to the corner shop to go and buy milk or bread. She loved it.

If there is any well in any of the places you go, please make sure its padlocked and sternly tell the kids not to go anywhere near it
You know kids and curiosity.

Like most things in life, if you plan well, then you will get a better chance of an expected end

Sorry for the epistle embarassed grin

Oh and make sure you have put N2k aside per day for fuel costs just in case Nepa decides to deal with you or your transformer blows cool

13 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Jahblessme: 9:22am On May 20, 2016
@tearoses
Very funny @epistle,e long no be small but very beneficial.
We had issues with nepa the last time and hubby had to go out by 2am to get fuelafter the one in the generator finished as our son was wailing from so much discomfort.It was not funny at the time..upon everything we did,see rashes.Hubby was so frustrated that he was crying for us to return.
Then we wanted to buy baby food in a jar,something i get for like 50p here was like 1k shocked shocked, that's when i knew khaki no be leather.
It didn't feel like a holiday,it felt like stress so we just agreed not to class naija as holiday.Naija for us is famliy visit.
Next one we are going I just want to go and stay in the village..I have had the opportunity to go to the remote islands up north here which are classed as rural areas,as in isolated...just so beautiful and it reminded me of my own villa..the smells,the birds,the clean air.I now appreciate villa oo unlike when i was young and would cry when my dad said we had to go back to the village.Now,i'm a village advocate.

Hope by the time i go,i won't have to carry tomatoes.Amen to packing excess.Can't wait for these kids to grow so i don't have to dread every trip..Right from airport tantrum,plane tantrum,everywhere tantrum,that's why we never go out.No energy to battle and talk too much.

Bebe has been very graceful on this thread cos it could have quickly descended to the normal fight grin grin

6 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:24am On May 20, 2016
Jahblessme:

Hope its a joke ooo.

Safe trip ma.

grin

OK the tomato thing is not a joke oo, am going to take as much as my kg allows.

I finally bought the meds, will start giving it two days before I we leave.

Tnk u I forgot earplugs better still they can use my ear piece while playin on their tabs.

Did u have to mention the sun cream? grin grin I bought one but fear no let me talk.

Am Just looking foward to coming back safely.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by cococandy(f): 12:06pm On May 20, 2016
Alcatraz001:
This post makes me feel bad. Does it mean we in Nigeria are suffering? i am work and i feel highly inadequate. Maybe i dont knw how bad Nigeria is. Should we all travel out of Nigeria cos it seems the diaspora people feel we are scums of the earth.

I am not happy at all.
Lol. I don't think it's that serious.

It's just because kids raised here aren't used to being bitten by mosquitoes or being sick from malaria. It's actually a big deal as they could get really really sick.
That's all.

When people travel from Nigeria to abroad too, they go through a lot of process similar to this. It doesn't mean those abroad are suffering.

Don't see it for what it's not.

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by cococandy(f): 12:13pm On May 20, 2016
All this packing and re-packing in this thread us the reason why I won't have more than 2kids.

Life is stressful enough as it already is. Arghh
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On May 20, 2016
Nice precautions;

Many parents in the cities here in Nigeria have never considered taking their kids to the village because of 'witchcraft' and other factors they hear and read about village people. The few that have given it a thought took serious (spiritual) precautions, much more than you've written here.

While I'm less bothered about these feelings and perceptions given the nature of my background, I think your enquires aren't different from what a caring mom would do.

My only advice is to avoid inciting our wards against their roots, country, etc.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 2:04pm On May 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Nice precautions;

Many parents in the cities here in Nigeria have never considered taking their kids to the village because of 'witchcraft' and other factors they hear and read about village people. The few that have given it a thought took serious (spiritual) precautions, much more than you've written here.

While I'm less bothered about these feelings and perceptions given the nature of my background, I think your enquires aren't different from what a caring mom would do.

[/b]My only advice is to avoid inciting our wards against their roots, country, etc[b].

totally agree with u on the bolded.

with the preparations its going to feel like a proper holiday cheesy

fingers crossed smiley

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 2:17pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:
All this packing and re-packing in this thread us the reason why I won't have more than 2kids.

Life is stressful enough as it already is. Arghh

yes oo, two is perferct, ur standard of living doesnt drop too much.

but u can never quarantee how many u gonna have,

ur first could be quadruplets shocked shocked

wat cha gon do about it?? grin

1 Like

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 2:19pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:

Lol. I don't think it's that serious.

It's just because kids raised here aren't used to being bitten by mosquitoes or being sick from malaria. It's actually a big deal as they could get really really sick.
That's all.

When people travel from Nigeria to abroad too, they go through a lot of process similar to this. It doesn't mean those abroad are suffering.

Don't see it for what it's not.

exactly,

am not taking anything for myself, just a few clothes. am immuned to all those stuff,

i went to UNIBEN, the capital of shot put and i survived cool grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? / Husband Cheated With Previous Child's Mother / Is A Woman Suppose To Claim The State Of Origin Of Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.