Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. (9024 Views)

A Nice Gift For Ur Spouse This Festive Period. Its Our Promo Season. Get Urs Now / Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? / Help! This Voice In My Head Keep Telling Me To End It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
blank:
It could be bedbugs.

But we all slept in one bed,

Anyways, gp thinks is sand fly.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by onegig(m): 2:22am On Jun 14, 2016
When I first saw the thread and all your comments and counter measures and FBI grade kits and test to prevent any eventualities. i wanted to exclaim and ask if you thought you were heading to a War zone.

But after seeing those images, i guess most of those are actually caused by allergies and sudden changes in their water and food content. Even adults do have similar issues when they change environments as it takes time for tbe body to acclamatize.

One thing you might just note next time you are around is to carefully watch the soap and water they use in bathing and let them always drink bottled water from recognized coys. Those little neasures can go a long way in preventing severe reactions.

Edited...

3 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 14, 2016
Welcome back dear
Hope you had a good time
I wanted to post to add for you to go and see your traditional ruler so the kids can see a real palace but I kept on putting it off and then you are back grin

Its sandfly or some other insect/ant bite or contact with.
Hubby and I sleep on the same bed or sit together and I wake up with rashes and he doesn't
I am the only one that mosquitoes bite in the car in the afternoon
My daughter is the same
We joke that we are nicer people hence our blood is sweeter

Scientifically, we all emit a scent that some insects like or dont like
I guess you and my hubby don't smell nice to the insects grin grin grin grin grin

Onegai even a flight changes the body mechanisms. My periods go crazy when I fly. The body has to get used to the changes and sometimes it affects children more, hence parents need to make sure that the kids comfort are well planned for.
Dont you see Naija people get off a plane at Heathrow in July shivering and wearing 4 cardigans grin grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by blank(f): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=bebe2 post=46544848]

But we all slept in one bed,

Anyways, gp thinks is sand fly.[/kquote]

Had even forgotten that there were insects called sandflies.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by BabyAdvocate: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
onegig:
When my first saw the thread and all your comments and counter measures and FBI grade i wanted to shout and comment that do you think you were heading to a War zone?

But after seeing those images, i guess most of those are actually caused by allergies and drastic changes in water and food content. Even adult do have issues as such when they change environments and it takes time to acclamatize.

One thing you might just note next time is to carefully watch the soap and water they use in bathing and mostly drink recognized bottled water. Can go a long way in preventing any reactions.

Is Your Child Underweight? Here are 20 Best Natural Foods for a Healthy Weight Gain!

Is your child too thin or malnourished? Would you like your little one to have that cute, chubby appearance that everyone loves, but strangely, despite feeding him properly, he doesn’t seem to be gaining weight? Want to know the natural foods to help your baby gain a “healthy” weight?

Yes, right? I thought as much! The rate at which many of you have been sending in mails asking for suggestions on best foods for weight gain in babies & toddlers got me working.

Don’t worry, I’ve brought you the top 20 weight gaining foods for kids that could help your little one put on some fat on his bones (not to become obese, please!).

First you need to find out whether your child is actually underweight or whether you just think he should become “orobo’ and have that “evidence-of-good-living look” every Nigerian woman is proud of

Below is a simple and easy to follow guide from the “Textbook of Pediatrics by OP Ghai” that can help you know if your child needs to gain weight or not. I follow this guide religiously and I’m always happy whenever I weigh my daughter at every stage and she is in this range of weight gain for her age bracket.

Weight gain according to age

· Till 3 months babies gain about 0.18 to 0.21 kg per week.

· Doubles the birth weight by age 5 months.

· For the remaining 1 year they gain about 0.04kg of weight every month.

· Trebles the birth weight by 1 year.

· 4 times the birth weight by 2 years.

· 5 times the birth weight by 3 years.

· 6 times the birth weight by 5 years.

· 7 times the birth weight by 7 years.

· 10 times the birth weight by 10 years.

· On an average a child gains 2 kg every year between 3 to 7 years of age and 3 kg per year after that till pubertal growth spurt begins.

A surer way of knowing if your child is underweight

Ask your paediatrician to measure your toddler’s height and weight. She can use the measurements to confirm whether your toddler is a healthy weight or not.

The doctor will take into account your toddler's previous growth pattern, his weight at birth and his height. She will plot your child's measurements on a growth chart to check that he is growing well over time. If your child is growing along his growth curve, your doctor will probably tell you there is no cause for concern.

If your doctor does say that your child is underweight, don’t panic yet because there is no real risk to his health or development, unless there is an underlying illness that is causing him to lose weight.

If your doctor notices a change in your child's growth pattern, she might want to investigate further to understand what might be causing it. Your doctor will need to maintain and plot your child's growth chart regularly, so ask how often she needs to see your child for growth check-ups.

Common Causes of Underweight and Simple Solutions

Most doctors recommend that preschoolers take deworming medicine once a year to prevent a worm infection. A worm infection can lead to loss of weight, if not treated in time.

Your child may also lose weight if he's been ill, perhaps from a tummy bug or other illness. Having diarrhoea may mean your toddler doesn't absorb the nutrients he needs into his bloodstream, so he loses weight. If this is the case, your toddler will get back to his normal weight within a couple of weeks of getting better.

Other illnesses can lead to weight loss but often they are associated with symptoms that will help the doctor to diagnose and treat the illness. Unexplained, sudden weight loss will need further investigation.

Your doctor will check your child's diet as well. Toddlers have small tummies and are really active but their appetite usually meets the needs of the body.

You can discuss your toddler’s feeding concerns with your doctor, a professional dietitian or certified child nutritionist. Many mums feel that their child doesn't eat enough. Instead of worrying about the quantity of food your child eats, focus on the quality. Give your child a variety of fruits, vegetables, cereals and good sources of protein and iron.

Also ensure he gets between 350 and 400 ml of milk per day. If you give your child a balanced and varied diet, even if he doesn't eat much, he is likely to be getting the nutrients he needs.

Toddlers tend to be notoriously fussy eaters so your doctor might prescribe a multivitamin supplement that ensures he gets the nutrients he needs to develop well. Or she might just prescribe an iron supplement if your toddler is vegetarian.

Only give supplements if your doctor has advised you to. Supplementing with iron when you don't need to can cause problems. For example, too much iron can interfere with how your toddler's body absorbs other minerals. Excess iron can also cause constipation, which may put your toddler off eating, making the problem worse.

You can help your toddler to enjoy food and eat well by encouraging him to feel relaxed at mealtimes. Try not to put pressure on him to eat. It's more likely to put him off than encourage him.

Try to create a regular mealtimes and snack times for him. Whenever you can, eat at a table, as a family. Remove any distractions by turning off the television set, putting away phones, video games or tablets. Limit meal times to about 30 minutes and if your child doesn't want to eat any more, remove the food and give it again at the next meal (ensure proper hygiene though).

If your child hasn't eaten much at one meal, he will compensate by eating more the next. But don't give him desserts or foods he likes that are low in nutrition just to fill him up if he hasn't eaten much. This will encourage fussiness

A good way of keeping a track of the foods your child eats and ensuring he is getting a good variety of foods is to use a meal plan. I will release “An age-by-age meal plan” on this blog soon for you to adopt my style or use it as a guide to create your own.

VISIT www.babyadvocate.com.ng for the complete article

follow us on facebook by liking www.facebook.com/AdvocateForBabies

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
@tearoses and onegig

for some reason i had a bad feeling about this trip,

maybe i was reading too many scar stories on NL undecided

we took our soaps , but i didnt add dettol to our bathing water maybe dats why.

and i dont trust dat son of mine, he is a daredevil, i wont be surprised if he has hid and drank tap water.

he did dat in spain, if u say dont do it this, its an invitation for him to try it.

he has been scarrd for life, those black spots dont look like they will fade.

i tried my best, even me sef went to the local salon to fix my eyelash now i have a eye infection, my og warned me not to go
but i refused, so its self inflicted i get no sympathy grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by cococandy(f): 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Those hair salons where they use hot glue to add the eyelashes on? grin

I tried one in port harcourt one time and my eyes burned for days.

That was the only time except during my wedding that I ever fixed eye lashes in my life. I no know who send me. embarassed

Needless to say. I've never fixed lashes again.

Ehen. Wetin you carry come back? Palm oil? Agbalumo? Mango? Scent leaf?
Should I send my mailing address?
bebe2:
@tearoses and onegig

and i dont trust dat son of mine, he is a daredevil, i wont be surprised if he has hid and drank tap water.

he did dat in spain, if u say dont do it this, its an invitation for him to try it.

i tried my best, even me sef went to the local salon to fix my eyelash now i have a eye infection, my og warned me not to go
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 15, 2016
cococandy:

That's was then only time except during my wedding that I ever fixed eye lashes in my life. I no know who send me. embarassed

LOL
No be only you o!

That day I only wanted to do my nails but the woman said do your lashes too
I dont even know if it was superglue she used
Let me just say that was the first and last time I fixed lashes in my life
I cant come and go and kill myself because of vainness grin

2 Likes

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 15, 2016
bebe2:
@tearoses and onegig

Bebe the marks will go over time so pls dont worry
These things are to be expected; change of environment, weather, humidity, food etc
You did what you could, dont beat yourself up over it kiss

P.s Onegig feed baby E o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2016
tearoses:

These things are to be expected; change of environment, weather, humidity, food etc

I Don rest oo

Just trying to recover and sort out 8 suitcases. grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:44am On Jun 15, 2016
cococandy:

That's was then only time except during my wedding that I ever fixed eye lashes in my life. I no know who send me. embarassed

Sometimes my level of stubborNess amazes me. I only went there for nails bur the minute I sat down she started asking about eyelash, I said maybe, but my mind doing kept saying don't do it but typical me went ahead at the last minute.

As I type this am at the doctors , trying to get something for my swollen eye. I can barely see from it.

Aunty coco, I no even see agbalumo with my eye sef

Only brought my regular ogbono, Melon and crayfish grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2016
tearoses:

LOL
No be only you o!

Lol,

They use hair bonding glue.
I will never try it again ,

Will stick with the primark £3 eyelash, it come's off easy

Will use those for special occasions only.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by blank(f): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
bebe2:

Lol,

They use hair bonding glue.
I will never try it again ,

Will stick with the primark £3 eyelash, it come's off easy

Will use those for special occasions only.

I have seen someone fix it and it looked painful. But that one, they were fixing each lash individually and never allowed the lady to blink. I was in awe that someone could sit through all of that. Her eyes were red and tears were rolling down each one unhindered. That was when i swore never to fix that. Even for my wedding, didn't try it.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by cococandy(f): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
Sorry cheesy
bebe2:

Sometimes my level of stubborNess amazes me. I only went there for nails bur the minute I sat down she started asking about eyelash, I said maybe, but my mind doing kept saying don't do it but typical me went ahead at the last minute.

As I type this am at the doctors , trying to get something for my swollen eye. I can barely see from it.

Aunty coco, I no even see agbalumo with my eye sef

Only brought my regular ogbono, Melon and crayfish grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by cococandy(f): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
They usually rope people into fixing lashes too once you go to fix your hair or nails.

'Madam I go commot money for you' cheesy

Abeg I no dey do again. No means no.
tearoses:

LOL
No be only you o!

Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
blank:

I have seen someone fix it and it looked painful. But that one, they were fixing each lash individually and never allowed the lady to blink. I was in awe that someone could sit through all of that. Her eyes were red and tears were rolling down each one unhindered. That was when i swore never to fix that. Even for my wedding, didn't try it.

Lol

Fear no let me tell doctor wetin I do ooo

I claimed it was wake and see grin

Seriously, ladies shud learn from my pain, I have fixed lashes before more than 5times sef but this time I got caught. Lesson learnt.
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by marbee(f): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
At bebe2, the swelling will reduce,it happened to my sis,a day before her wedding, the two eyes were swollen after fixing eyelashes.

She nearly catch witch grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by marbee(f): 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nigeria sha,you cannot stay there without having some horror stories to tell. grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by onegig(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
tearoses:

Feed Baby E. ? Truly confused. .

Let me scroll down to see any references.

Oh now i see it...the marketer?
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
onegig:

Feed Baby E. ? Truly confused. .

Let me scroll down to see any references.

Oh now i see it...the marketer?

grin grin grin grin
Re: UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. by bebe2(f): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
marbee:
At bebe2, the swelling will reduce,it happened to my sis,a day before her wedding, the two eyes were swollen after fixing eyelashes.

[/b]She nearly catch witch grin
[b][b]

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? / Is A Woman Suppose To Claim The State Of Origin Of Her Husband? / Husband Cheated With Previous Child's Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.