Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views (2722 Views)

Help 2004 Acura MDX Overheats When The A.C Is Turned ON / BETWEEN ACURA TSX 2010 And Hyundai Sonata 2012 / Share Your Views On 2004 Acura 3.5RL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Nefo: 11:38pm On May 17, 2016
Hi House, please I would live to get your opinion on 2004-2005 Acura TSX. Those who have used it locally can share their views on durability, availability of parts, efficiency and all there is need to know. Oyibo sites rated this car 5 stars out of 5. And i wonder why then is it not rampant on our roads. Please someone should clear my doubts. Thanks

Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by ruby360: 12:11am On May 18, 2016
cool car- service the car with synthetic oil and flush transmission oil twice every year depending on usage other once a year is ok.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by ruby360: 12:16am On May 18, 2016
cool car- service the car with synthetic oil and flush transmission oil twice every year depending on usage otherwise once a year is ok.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by nurey(m): 12:51pm On May 18, 2016
It's the luxurious version of Honda accord Europe. It's is not common not because it is not good, but just has other competition within its family.

It's look alike is the European accord which is also badged as Honda tsx since we don't import much from Europe this designs are rearity on our roads.

Buy it, it's a good car and shares part with Honda accord. The only careful info I will say is the head lamps and side mirrors be careful they don't get damaged, they are different from our accord

1 Like

Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Readonee35L(m): 1:21pm On May 18, 2016
ruby360:
cool car- service the car with synthetic oil and flush transmission oil twice every year depending on usage otherwise once a year is ok.
Why should you flush transmission twice a year??

1 Like

Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by symbianDON(m): 10:35pm On May 18, 2016
the Acura TSX is the American version of the European Honda accord. Acura being the luxury arm of Honda, the TSX is more loaded specs wise in comparison with the corresponding American accord. it's a fantastic car and is usually costlier than its corresponding accord and stronger too. I assure you that you will enjoy it if you get a good one. congratulations in advance. you can Google the specs for the model year you want to get.

1 Like

Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Nefo: 9:04am On May 19, 2016
nurey:
It's the luxurious version of Honda accord Europe. It's is not common not because it is not good, but just has other competition within its family.

It's look alike is the European accord which is also badged as Honda tsx since we don't import much from Europe this designs are rearity on our roads.

Buy it, it's a good car and shares part with Honda accord. The only careful info I will say is the head lamps and side mirrors be careful they don't get damaged, they are different from our accord
Just like you said, they have other competition within its family. Most people will favour the corolla or camry over this. But am very postive on this one. It Wil deliver beyond expectations
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by omicpet(m): 10:52am On May 19, 2016
TSX is a bam ride.. 10/5 . Value wise u get more for whatever bucks u paying ..

Avoid oga DANFO drivers . Headlamps and rear lamps cost a whole lot than other accords counterparts Mind I say it shares everything with the euro mt accord ..

Very engaging ride , hugs d bends like a beemer ..
Mileage on gas is very much ok pls don't compare it to a corolla , but it's quite very much ok and satisfy able for such a blissful ride .. And power is superb..

Extremely reliable , just always keep up on schedule oil change and transmission oil change and don't let oga Kazim mess ur transmission up . Always make sure e services with synthetic and with regards to trans fluid make sure he leaves the car to cool over prob over night before changing oil fluids ..

Am gonna search my archives for a friends own , he loaned me a while back for some weeks and it was heart breaking letting it go.. Great ride

3 Likes

Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by nurey(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2016
Nefo:
Just like you said, they have other competition within its family. Most people will favour the corolla or camry over this. But am very postive on this one. It Wil deliver beyond expectations

I said within the family
Honda accord US
Honda accord Europe (tsx)
Acura TL
Acura RL

Yet they all have something in common even to the crv and element. Engine and a few component in common. It has to battle his successful brothers before it can take the battle to other brands. But all in all if it's affiliated to Honda, my brother you are buying peace of mind.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by ruby360: 7:13am On May 20, 2016
Readonee35L:

Why should you flush transmission twice a year??

Go and read owners manual.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Readonee35L(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2016
ruby360:

Go and read owners manual.
Oga go sit down.
Wch kind of dirty owners manual will tell you to do transmission flush twice in a year. Not even drain and refill .
You thy use your car do towing vehicle ni

2 Likes

Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Nefo: 3:21pm On May 20, 2016
Sincerely speaking I don't think one needs to flush transmission oil twice in a year. Transmission oil and Engine oil are not of same viscocity. I think once a year is good. Also it depends on usage of the vehicle. I have a friend who takes public transport to work everyday and only drives Saturdays and Sundays. He never goes anywhere far. So in this case he doesn't even need to take a look at his tranny fluid. Also note that the gear system contains fibres of which some tranny fluids can cause damage to it. So one has to be careful about frequency of flushing.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by ruby360: 10:43pm On May 20, 2016
Readonee35L:

Oga go sit down.
Wch kind of dirty owners manual will tell you to do transmission flush twice in a year. Not even drain and refill .
You thy use your car do towing vehicle ni

Your problem is that you don't understand ENGLISH. You repeated same thing I said without knowing.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Readonee35L(m): 10:45pm On May 20, 2016
ruby360:

Your problem is that you don't understand ENGLISH. You repeated same thing I said without knowing.
Lol.
I don't understand English but I write Better than you'll ever smiley
But will you admit you're Wrong?
Ignorance go kill people
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by CuteTj(m): 10:05am On May 22, 2016
Cool car. I'm thinking of also purchasing it. Anybody knows where I can get the 07/08 model? It will be highly appreciated.
Re: 2004 Acura TSX - Share Your Views by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 24, 2016
Its basically an un identical twin to the accord,only tuned to be a bit more powerful,I think a little over 200 horses. Fuel economy is good. Where's my red biro,I want to mark gooooooooood.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Differences Between 03/05 And 06/07 Honda Accord? / Peppery Eye While Driving / How Can I Check Engine Number Of Toyota Corolla 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.