Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last (12096 Views)

Ebube Nwagbo Is Doing This To Pete Edochie (photo) / Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by sheyee(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2009
Hope this Kidnapping stuff is not a scene in a movie
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by justwise(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

GREAT ANSWER GENIUS  now if i didn't have a single brain cell why am i typing to you lol ODE

@purist you're right i just glanced over the trash you wrote

Any plonker can type, it all depends on what u are typing,
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by owen4u(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2009
grin shocked
thank God for his release, i hope he will produce a movie on his experience in the hands of the kidnappers
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by presido1: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2009
Both 419 and kidnapping are crime and evil act but if you are to chose the one you will fall victim to we all know the one you will chose and that you chose is more better than the one you did not chose hence your choice.

@topic
Good he is out and in good health, watch out for the most proverbial movie title to come out of nollywood
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Donvilo(m): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

in fact, you are living in the heart of this kidnapping. anambra state?
chei! you better carry a gun with you and watch yourself at all times.
Na soooo!! afterall, life itself no get duplicate. Ha ha haaa! grin grin grin
@julia1010. Pls give us the link of this dailies so we may know that u're actually saying the truth.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by sjeezy8: 10:28am On Aug 18, 2009
[size=13pt]AMAKA CHANGE YOUR PIC wink[/size]
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by ohale: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2009
One thing that bafles me in nigeria as a political aspirant in nigeria is the fact that anything that goes politicaly popular in nigeria becomes dangerous,so you guys are not aware that pete is the chairman of the rebranding comitee set up by our honourable minister of misinformation.that at least got politician aware that he is taking an extra pay apart from the one he unjudisciously got from movie producers that they alerted the kidnapers to go get him.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by sjeezy8: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2009
PETE is now a politician and his rebranding isn't actually rebranding

The guy himself is iffy
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by hushush(f): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2009
soo glad he's been released. I wonder who's next??
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 18, 2009
Am hapi for his release, kidnapping is a very terrible xperience that someone can never think of, it is a live or die affair, Let's just thank God for his life, I will be xpectin d kidnapping experiece in his next movie, that is, how he watched those guys bragged on him while he respond solemnly saying "kill me if you want to".
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Purist(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2009
Sagamite:

If you have an intelligent alt-argument, put it down.

I agree that many fall for scams out of greed.  I certainly do NOT pity these ones, but I definitely will NOT justify the criminal act of these fraudsters either - whether on account of the victim's greed, or on account of the seeming harmlessness of the effect of the dubious act.

One thing I observed though, on this thread, is that many are under the erroneous belief that there's only one form of scam - the type in which sheer greed makes one a victim.  That is, the type of scam in which one is told about one looted money somewhere that needs to be remmitted back, . . . blah blah, or that you've won some lottery you never played.  I guess you know what I'm talking about here.  But you may be surprised to know that scammers keep devising new methods daily, methods that most unsuspecting people would easily fall for.  I'll tell you two methods I know of.

1. Craigslist.  Craigslist.com is a classified ads site.  A scammer contacts the seller of a particular item, showing interest in the item up for sale.  When the seller agrees to sell, the scammer then asks the seller to send the item using a courier service of his (scammer's) choice, promising to be responsible for the cost of shipping himself.  Meanwhile, the scammer has already opened a customized email address, bearing the name (or part) of a bank or some postal service such as USPS.  He then uses this email address, disguising as the bank/postal service to inform the seller that their supposed client (the scammer) has already paid in a particular sum for a particular item, and that the funds will only be released to him (the seller) only when they get confirmation from their client (the scammer) that the seller has sent the item.  The seller then sends the item, and waits in vain for his money.  Believe me, the format these scammers use is usually near-perfect, though I will never fall for such anyway.  In this case, the white guy (seller) is a victim, not because of his greed, but stupidity, which is quite excusable.

2. Dating and Social Networking sites.  These scammers visit these sites in search of white folks (male/female).  If the scammer gets a white man, he'll disguise as a beautiful white woman (using downloaded pictures) living in some other country, and vice versa.  He'll then go ahead to build a very good friendship with the white, which later turns into a strong relationship.  Most of the time, there are usually marriage plans on ground.  This usually lasts for months.  When it's very clear that the white has fallen fully in love, to the point that whatever the scammer asks will hardly be declined, the scammer then begins to extort this white fellow.  He forms all sorts of lies, from claiming he's seriously ill and needs some huge sum to pay the medical bills, to claiming he's got some project in some African country and is currently stranded, claiming he was duped by some black scammers, and that he needs some huge sum to get back to the country, promising to return it when they get to see each other.  White women tend to fall victim more to this kind of scam because of their frail heart.

These are just the two I'm aware of.  And who says scamming is less harmful than kidnapping?  Do you know how many people have committed suicide because of being scammed?  Do you know how many homes that have been wrecked because the breadwinner lost all his fortune to scammers?  Whether the victim was being stupid or greedy is not my concern now.  Scamming is not only a criminal act, it has severely damaged whatever traces of positive image this country ever had left, and there should be absolutely NO justification for it, NEVER!  It is just as bad as any other social vice in the society, and none should be compared to the other because they all have similar end-results on their victims.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by bee22(f): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2009
Am happy he's been freed  and i sincerely hope that security would be beefed up around the country  to dissuade these kidnappers, the more they get away with it, the more lucrative the business looks to other jobless peeps.

I know a lil girl of 3 who was kidnapped in Lagos 2 wks ago and they demanded 20m, they held her for a week but fortunately the police found her, it's just not right and something needs to be done.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by HarryPotter1(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2009
Chei! thank God he has been released and i had he was charged 15million. even millitants 4rm niger delta came 2 river niger brigde onitsha yesterday and kidnapped the white engrs dat are working on a project awarded by govrn Peter Obi.i think the only soln 2 dis kidnaping is 2 call back the Bakassi Boys they are the only one that knows how 2 fight crime like dis if not they will start kidnaping any body they can get smth 4rm.dis is getting out of hand and needs urgent soln.9ja is in trouble.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by touchmeder: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2009
These are just the two I'm aware of. And who says scamming is less harmful than kidnapping? Do you know how many people have committed suicide because of being scammed? Do you know how many homes that have been wrecked because the breadwinner lost all his fortune to scammers? Whether the victim was being stupid or greedy is not my concern now. Scamming is not only a criminal act, it has severely damaged whatever traces of positive image this country ever had left, and there should be absolutely NO justification for it, NEVER! It is just as bad as any other social vice in the society, and none should be compared to the other because they all have similar end-results on their victims.

Thank you, what this thing has done to our image as Nigerians i cant even begin to speak sef. sometimes people as where i am from i get scared to say Nigerian cos i dont know what they'd be thinking next about me. lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Sagamite(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2009
Purist:

I agree that many fall for scams out of greed.  I certainly do NOT pity these ones, but I definitely will NOT justify the criminal act of these fraudsters either - whether on account of the victim's greed, or on account of the seeming harmlessness of the effect of the dubious act.

One thing I observed though, on this thread, is that many are under the erroneous belief that there's only one form of scam - the type in which sheer greed makes one a victim.  That is, the type of scam in which one is told about one looted money somewhere that needs to be remmitted back, . . . blah blah, or that you've won some lottery you never played.  I guess you know what I'm talking about here.  But you may be surprised to know that scammers keep devising new methods daily, methods that most unsuspecting people would easily fall for.  I'll tell you two methods I know of.

1. Craigslist.  Craigslist.com is a classified ads site.  A scammer contacts the seller of a particular item, showing interest in the item up for sale.  When the seller agrees to sell, the scammer then asks the seller to send the item using a courier service of his (scammer's) choice, promising to be responsible for the cost of shipping himself.  Meanwhile, the scammer has already opened a customized email address, bearing the name (or part) of a bank or some postal service such as USPS.  He then uses this email address, disguising as the bank/postal service to inform the seller that their supposed client (the scammer) has already paid in a particular sum for a particular item, and that the funds will only be released to him (the seller) only when they get confirmation from their client (the scammer) that the seller has sent the item.  The seller then sends the item, and waits in vain for his money.  Believe me, the format these scammers use is usually near-perfect, though I will never fall for such anyway.  In this case, the white guy (seller) is a victim, not because of his greed, but stupidity, which is quite excusable.

2. Dating and Social Networking sites.  These scammers visit these sites in search of white folks (male/female).  If the scammer gets a white man, he'll disguise as a beautiful white woman (using downloaded pictures) living in some other country, and vice versa.  He'll then go ahead to build a very good friendship with the white, which later turns into a strong relationship.  Most of the time, there are usually marriage plans on ground.  This usually lasts for months.  When it's very clear that the white has fallen fully in love, to the point that whatever the scammer asks will hardly be declined, the scammer then begins to extort this white fellow.  He forms all sorts of lies, from claiming he's seriously ill and needs some huge sum to pay the medical bills, to claiming he's got some project in some African country and is currently stranded, claiming he was duped by some black scammers, and that he needs some huge sum to get back to the country, promising to return it when they get to see each other.  White women tend to fall victim more to this kind of scam because of their frail heart.

These are just the two I'm aware of.  And who says scamming is less harmful than kidnapping?  Do you know how many people have committed suicide because of being scammed?  Do you know how many homes that have been wrecked because the breadwinner lost all his fortune to scammers?  Whether the victim was being stupid or greedy is not my concern now.  Scamming is not only a criminal act, it has severely damaged whatever traces of positive image this country ever had left, and there should be absolutely NO justification for it, NEVER!  It is just as bad as any other social vice in the society, and none should be compared to the other because they all have similar end-results on their victims.

From this post, I can come to the conclusion that your "If anyone is still wondering why Nigeria is in such a hopeless state today, wonder no more. The posts of those justifying 419 here - on account of victims' greed - already speaks volumes." was not directed at my views then. I take it it is directed at some other people's views.

That was what I wanted to clarify.

My point is still very valid that if you were going to help commit a crime against the poor, then the 419 was fantastic and something we should cheer.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by jaybee3(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2009
@purist

Well written. couldn't have expressed views any better.
All crimes are despicable
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by GEW: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
thank God for mercies
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by dominictj(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
Thank God
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Ad4(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
We should all condemn this issue of kidnapping and all other illegal vices in our society.We are the future leaders of tomorrow and need to stand for the truth.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by oneluvb55(f): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
oh!
thank God
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by guseman(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
If the Godfather himself was kidnapped. I bet you many more actors/actresses will be kidnapped and there is only one reason for all these; Corrupt leaders!

If these politicians can use their offices to enrich their pocket and family, then the poor guy on the street will use GUNS to collect their own rebate. Kidnapping is now a lucrative business in Nigeria now. So every body should beware cos Guys Must Chop,

Uncle Pete, I think you need to come to our village for fortification, because Guys may want to try that again.

One love
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by ifyalways(f): 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
No excuses for crime whatsoever,ALL crime is evil.
@Topic,thank God for his mercies.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by igboboy1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

[size=13pt]AMAKA CHANGE YOUR PIC wink[/size]

GUy just cos you said it, I actually went to look at her pic to see what all the fuss is about,

Mayne u must be tripping if u telling her to take that gorgeous picture out, Damn you fine girl, do your thaang
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by deezah(f): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2009
I'm glad Pete has been released without being harmed. Thank God for that.
As for which crime is the lesser evil between 419 and kidnapping, I'm surprised people feel one can be better than the other, when they both involve messing up someone's life to certain levels. The trauma involved in losing your life savings, maybe, to 419ers and that of being held in captivity by a group of hostiles can not be justified in anyway. They're both criminal acts and one can not be preferable to the other.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
deezah:

I'm glad Pete has been released without being harmed. Thank God for that.
As for which crime is the lesser evil between 419 and kidnapping, I'm surprised people feel one can be better than the other, when they both involve messing up someone's life to certain levels. The trauma involved in losing your life savings, maybe, to 419ers and that of being held in captivity by a group of hostiles can not be justified in anyway. They're both criminal acts and one can not be preferable to the other.

I hope that those MORONS supporting 419ners are reading this.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
Whats all the noise about Pete edoche been kidnapped and later released? He hee,tell me? Is it because he is a popular figure and prominent personality? Do you know how many other Nigerians are been kidnapped by this militants? Do you know the number of so many faceless Nigerians who have been cut short in their primes by the incessant activities oof this militants or kidnappers? Have you all quickly forgotten about a 7 yr old Nigerian-Briton who was kidnapped and later rescued after about 5days and only for his father to die about 1 week after then due to heart attack.

I really pity poor Edoche,but i know that's just the beginning,My dear Militants friends(I m Yoruba by the way)should please carry on with the kidnapping but should please leave out innocent citizens,they should try and kidnap people like Rotimi Amaechis wife,Yaradua's Mother or some one like Gbenga Obasanjo,Maybe this would gear up those in authorities to awake to the restlessness in the region and also the plight of the affected Masses.

Until then, Keep praying for Nigeria!
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Nija4Life(m): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
Reading some of the posts is typical of how some of us Nigerians cannot argue our points without name calling, what is wrong in someone having a different opinion? I can understand why certain crimes could be said to be 'better' when human lives are not involved but trying to justify a crime no matter how lesser an evil it is, is another way of encouraging people who commit such crimes to see nothing wrong with them. Remember that Evil begets evil and so called lesser crimes could lead to even worse crimes in the future and therefore all forms of crime should be discouraged.

Anyway good to hear Pete Edochie has been freed, another example of how our society have failed young people and we could see more of these evils if Nigeria keeps failing to invest in its young.
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Nezan(m): 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
Better
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by Utaroz(m): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
It's great celebrating the Return of The Iroko, but the bleak fact is that 3 people have been reported kidnapped in the past 4 hours already. Unfortunately, they may not receive the same prominence enjoyed by the Edochie saga.

Nigeria go survive,   embarassed undecided cry
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by dgr8truth(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
this is one industry (kidnapping ) the government has overlooked over the years, very promising industry and very lucrative, the market is wide; from politicans to the common man on the street. one have to diversify his creativity towards this industry now that it has not been monopolised. grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by sjeezy8: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
igbo boy:

GUy just cos you said it, I actually went to look at her pic to see what all the fuss is about,

Mayne u must be tripping if u telling her to take that gorgeous picture out, Damn you fine girl, do your thaang

Shut your mouth cornball I already determined she was fine like the past week. I wanna see a body shot lol
Re: Breaking News! Pete Edochie Is Freed At Last by spikedcylinder: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
I'm yet to see a confirmed link stating that he has been freed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akon Married To 3 Women? / Who's More Pretty Ghanaian Actress Nana Ama Mcbrown Or Jennifer Eliogu? / Nollywood Sex Symbols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.