Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

An Ugly Display Of Ignorance - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Ugly Display Of Ignorance (626 Views)

Pay Attention To his Ugly Whispers! / There Is No Excuse Of Ignorance For Who Dies A Kafir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Newnas(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2016
THIS IS NOTING BUT FITNAH (Tribulation)

I was seated in a Central Mosque in my area this evening reading Saheehul Bukhaari Arabic Version Volume 4.

One of the Imaams of this mosque walked up to me and asked, what book are you reading?

I answered: it is Saheehul Bukhaari.

He surprisingly said: Oh when did Bukhaari Omo Musa write this book?

I was shocked in surprise because this Imaam does not know the book titled Saheehul Bukhaari at all.

And secondly this Bukhaari Omo Musa he mentioned is a critical innovator in Nigeria.

Look at the one who the people of the community consider as a knowledgeable person, but the fact is that he's not what the people consider him to be.

This is nothing but one of the lesser signs of the Hour, "Taking away of knowledge and the prevalence of ignorance" as it says in Saheehul Bukhaari and Muslim.

May Almighty Allaah save us from this Fitnah (temptation).
#Copied#

2 Likes

Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by AllstarZ(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
Amin, jazakallah khairan
Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Newnas(m): 6:29pm On May 18, 2016
wa iyyaak
Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Lukmann(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2016
Subhanallah!! This is indeed a fitnah
Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Empiree: 5:19am On May 19, 2016
That's hilarious and pathetic as well. But i think you should give him excuse though because he possibly might be mesmerized. Mesmerism is real.
Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Newnas(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
^^ I - just like you - wish he was mesmerising.

But we both know the ignorance of many imams of Yoruba land. I won't be surprised if statistics show that over 80% of them can't recite fatiha correctly!

This is supposed to be a challenge to the youths, to ensure that this type of ignorance does not continue.
The most important step towards this is for the youths to engage in seeking Islamic knowledge.
Unfortunately, reverse is the case. I prayed behind a young man once, he was the Imam of the mosque, I had to terminate the Solah, on getting outside the mosque I found my friend too outside. He had also terminated his Solah. Both of us left the Solah, why? The imam's fatiha was not acceptable by any standard, it was not even close to any standards.

If the Imam was an old man, maybe I would have found some excuses for him. But a young man, what's his excuse for his ignorance in this age?! And he is the Imam of the mosque!

Inna liLLaahi wa Inna ilayhi Raji'oon

1 Like

Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Empiree: 11:08am On May 19, 2016
That's what happens when children passed out elementary madrasa but didn't follow up. Parents' fault and community leaders are to held responsible.

1 Like

Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Empiree: 2:14am On May 20, 2016
Newnas:

And secondly this Bukhaari Omo Musa he mentioned is a critical innovator in Nigeria.
Just curious. Can you give examples, at least 2. Just want to have idea. Thanks
Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Lukmann(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2016
In the masjeed where i perform my salaah they hardly allow the youths who are knowledgeable to lead the salaah when the imam is not around while the old men who lead salaah are poor in recitation and lack kushoo in salaah.. May Allah help us. This is indeed a challenge to the muslim community as a whole
Re: An Ugly Display Of Ignorance by Empiree: 9:09pm On May 21, 2016
^ The reason is cultural instinct. It is not like that in the West. But let's be patient. TIME will heal all that.

Mentality they have is "older men lead everything". It is not about lack of knowledge or greed on their part. It is "cultural instinct".

(1) (Reply)

How Prepared Are We? / To The Moderator / Attention Moderators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.