Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Police Brutality, Please Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Brutality, Please Help! (805 Views)

Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / New Tactics Applied By Blacks In America To Avoid Police Brutality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutality, Please Help! by Esibi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
My wife had misunderstanding with the wife of a police constable and she decided not to greet me again. But over time she changed and started greeting me but continued to keep malice with my wife. After getting fed up, I returned from work specifically on Thursday, August 13, 2009 and requested that she should stop greeting me too as long as she would wish to continue to keep malice with my wife.

After insulting me, she quickly went ahead to call her police constable husband who was then still at work. The husband too went ahead to call two of his own younger brothers: one a mobile police constable and the other a generator mechanic apprentice.

Later in the evening, the three brothers: a police constable, a mobile police constable and a generator mechanic apprentice, all swooped on me in front of my apartment to give me a beating better imagined than experienced.

They slapped me on both sides of my face and hit me on the chest with their bare hands, belt and furniture. Some neighbours who came around to help were even hurt.

As if not satisfied, the police man quickly rushed to the nearest police staition to get me arrested with the intention to get me locked up for only God knows how long. He dishonestly reported to the that my wife and myselef beat up his wife.

Ater making my own statement, the DPO threatened to detain him (the police constable) after finding out that he had only beaten me up and suffered me for no just cause. But another policeman intervened to beg and the constable was told to give me verbal apology.

Dear Nairalanders, my pain is that this police constable resfused to produce his two brothers that joined him to beat me up when asked to do so by the popilce officer who took our statements at the police station. So I have the feeling that they are very likely to repeat this incidence to me or someone else later in the future.

PLEASE HELP.

>> How do I get these three brothers to face justice?
>> Is there anyone out there that can assist me to bring these guys to justice?

I live in an Abuja satelite town.

Thank you all.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by ifyalways(f): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2009
I cant help but laff,the slap still let u see road come online type abi na pesin they type for u? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Seriously,did u get a doc. report for ur cuts,bruises and red eye?
Look for a good lawyer and sue them to court.
Start looking for another apartment.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by tRoOE(f): 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2009
rotflmfaooooooo ;d ;d :d, pele oooo
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by Outstrip(f): 3:55am On Aug 19, 2009
Sorry o. If only you had a brother that was a military man then it would be a different story. I hate when people's rights are violated. Please do not let your anger get you in more trouble. These people are thugs and some of them simply have no sense. They are even willing to die for something stupid. Be careful.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by TOYOSI20(f): 4:40am On Aug 19, 2009
Its unfortunate!!

take this experience wid u, . . .and learn from it, . . . .they are like demi gods, and demand to be reverenced as such

steer clear away from[b] their [/b] paths in future undecided . . . .i mean see how they ye-ye u sef, Grow man slapped around like it was nothing. . . .

i can shout abeg!! embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by martin1(m): 6:38am On Aug 19, 2009
kidnap him and beat d hell out of him.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by IFELEKE(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2009
Poster i feel your pain but let it go, it's not worth it because This Is Nigeria!.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by SeanT21(f): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
Jeeez, that's Africa for U oo.

Sorry about the experience but I must admit that I did laugh a little.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2009
I am sure you can sue them.
Do the right thing and use them as "stop the harassment" example.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by xqwysyte(f): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
Get a Lawyer. Dont let this lie. angry

Sue their asses, u could get at least N500,000.00 for damages, depending on how good ur lawyer is. grin
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2009
xqwysyte:

Get a Lawyer. Dont let this lie. angry

Sue their asses, u could get at least N500,000.00 for damages, depending on how good your lawyer is. grin

i agree with you.
Or at least see the police man send to jail
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by ayomidej(f): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2009
There is no justice in Nigeria and those slaps will still be hurting, I will order some guys to kidnap him aslo when he far away from home and let them give the beating of his life.

Naija system has been corrupt from day one , pe le ooooo grin
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2009
But over time she changed and started greeting me but continued to keep malice with my wife. After getting fed up, I returned from work specifically on Thursday, August 13, 2009 and requested that she should stop greeting me too as long as she would wish to continue to keep malice with my wife.

After insulting me, she quickly went ahead to call her police constable husband who was then still at work. The husband too went ahead to call two of his own younger brothers: one a mobile police constable and the other a generator mechanic apprentice.

the three brothers: a police constable, a mobile police constable and a generator mechanic apprentice, all swooped on me

next time, try not to get involved. Or if you must, have your own defenders on standby.

This is a militant/military family. Best to keep the peace with them.

Seriously,did u get a doc. report for your cuts,bruises and red eye?

cant add to this.

Sorry for your pain though.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by mamagee6(f): 1:10am On Aug 26, 2009
Get an Attorney.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by davidif: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2009
I cant help but laff,the slap still let u see road come online type abi na pesin they type for u?
Seriously,did u get a doc. report for your cuts,bruises and red eye?

How is it funny. This is absolutely tragic.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! by chiejik(f): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2009
let it go is not what spending your time on God will jughe

(1) (Reply)

Thats the sense of some people / Work Is Anti-family / Warning, Breastfeeding A Baby While Sleeping Is Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.