Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,093 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Work Is Anti-family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Work Is Anti-family (800 Views)

Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) / How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? / Anti-molestation Condoms: Reprieve For The Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work Is Anti-family by takeit2010: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2010
I have observed that the rate at which work work work does not allow parents to spend time with their families is alarming , kids are turning to something else as we can see, would i be right to say work is not family friendly sad
Re: Work Is Anti-family by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Work Is Anti-family by chika98: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2010
chaircover:

What I never seem to understand is those London party freaks who wear £5,000 gold necklace sets & change into 5 different expensive lace attires at their kids 1st birthday party, yet work 4 jobs and know all the night bus driver by name.

Go to Liverpool Street Market on a Sunday and watch them buying shoes & bag sets that cost them more than a months wages & wonder who looks after those kids while they are hopping from one job to another & then they wonder why their kids become peckham gangsters even though mum sings in the choir every week angry

Died at this bit here. You've just described this lady I know. LMAO! grin grin grin

London folks can party though. I think Liberian folks are worse! I once went to a baby shower that turned out to be a mini club in there.
Men and women were grinding each other like it is going out of fashion including the soon to be mother. SMH
Re: Work Is Anti-family by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Work Is Anti-family by chika98: 7:57am On Aug 10, 2010
^^^ What if I said I probably know the party she was on about?
This lady in ATL had a party for her 50th and people came from all over
Nigeria, UK and they all had specific Aso Ebi for each of the women's groups!
I saw the photos and was totally floored like are you kidding me?

I went to Texas the other day for a wedding and I haven't seen people dress that ostentatious before
right down to their men as well. It is crazy!
Re: Work Is Anti-family by zayhal(f): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2010
Work is definitely pro-family. What will n you live on if you're not working?

What needs to be done is striking a balance between worktime and family time.
Re: Work Is Anti-family by damiso(f): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
chaircover:

Work per sey, is not anti family but too much work is.

Of course some people have to work long hours just to be able to put food on the table but some people work long hours just to have enough money to keep up with the Joneses.

If the kids are in school, then there is nothing stopping one from working during those hours and going to work has its own advantages; self esteem, socializing, keeping the brain going, showing the kids a good example etc

As Yorubas say, emi ise gun ju emi ayon lo, so one has to try and strike a good healthy balance between work and family life.

What I never seem to understand is those London party freaks who wear £5,000 gold necklace sets & change into 5 different expensive lace attires at their[b] kids 1st birthday party[/b], yet work 4 jobs and know all the night bus driver by name.

Go to Liverpool Street Market on a Sunday and watch them buying shoes & bag sets that cost them more than a months wages & wonder who looks after those kids while they are hopping from one job to another & then they wonder why their kids become peckham gangsters even though mum sings in the choir every week angry

I so agree on the bolded points above sometimes wonder if they are actually throwing a party for the kid or itsjust another excuse for a party,i recently declined buying aso ebi for a 1 yr kids party and i know the lady in quetsion felt affronted but WHY? should i buy aso ebi for a kids birthday pary for what?you should see how manic i look to some members of my family when i said i am not throwing a abig owambe party for my lil one 1st birthday i really do not see the sense,i have been getting ur just doing ijebu,i dont see the sense in elaborate parties for a one yr old, the kid does not even remember,by Gods grace when she is 5 and will tell me what she wants she can have something ok(not over the top) its not like i cant afford those parties but i really do not see the sense.

Back to topic,Work is not anti family,i think the lack or too much of it is what is anti- family.Me and hubby have decided that one of us has to be there for the kids and if it means giving up on some unecessary expenses so be it.I know how much aso ebi i bought when i was single( mostly my friends weddings),you should have seen my wardrobe at home,overspilling with laces,woodin and the lot,no more no more. embarassed embarassed
Re: Work Is Anti-family by invisible2(m): 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
Many men and their wives leave their home and pursue money like there is no tomorrow. I know a man who works in a bank and the wife also works in a bank. The kids hardly see their parents in the daytime. somebody said what will they be eating if they don't work, well what were your ancestors eating back in the days?
Re: Work Is Anti-family by MissyB1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
If you think work is 'anti-Family', try Joblessness.

(1) (Reply)

Court Dissolves Marriage Following Husband's Abuse By Wife / Good Ivf Treatment / Breaking A Convenant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.