Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Pls....i Need Your Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls....i Need Your Advice (405 Views)

My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls....i Need Your Advice by Poshprins(m): 1:44am On May 19, 2016
Pls.....i need your advice on how one can go from architecture into investment banking
Re: Pls....i Need Your Advice by 2undeee(m): 4:46am On May 19, 2016
Poshprins:
Pls.....i need your advice on how one can go from architecture into investment banking

design one
Re: Pls....i Need Your Advice by Orioner(m): 6:46am On May 19, 2016
ermmm let's see...

1. Take advantage of your course
You can start by getting relevant experience in jobs that cut across architecture and finance.
With that you can reposition it on your CV to show that investment banking has been where you really wanted to go to. You will be like an expert when working on Real Estate deals

2. Make up for lack of finance and accounting knowledge
You obviously need to cover up your inadequacies in finance. One tough route will be going for CFA (and like I said, that is tough). You could also take courses that position you directly for entry level jobs like the ones offered at wall street oasis, breaking into wall street etc.
For Nigeria, you will be advised to grab a less stressful certification (when compared to CFA) such as ACAA and even CIS

3. Hang out where Investment Bankers and Investment Bankers wannabe are
Find forums where entering investment are been discussed consistently. start to pick up the lingo and build your mental muscles.
Example of sites include mergersandinquisitions.com , wallstreetoasis.com and our very own jarushub.com
There has been a lot about entering Investment banking with non-finance degrees that you may even be overwhelm.

In essence, it has been done and can still be done. Shalom!!

Disclaimer: Am not an investment banker therefore take all I have written and grab a second opinio

1 Like

Re: Pls....i Need Your Advice by PresVA: 7:11am On May 19, 2016
You can start by submitting your CV to stockbroking firms/investment banking firms, many of them take graduates of any discipline for entry level positions. .. from there, you can build a career, take relevant professional exams et al...

But you may need to hv a 2-1, younger than 27, ettcc..

All d best...

(1) (Reply)

Latest Career Opportunities In An International Power Company - Aldelia / How Do You Measure Success / Online Training On Customer Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.