Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner (11552 Views)

Policeman Carrying A Bag For A Man In Imo At A Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Top 5 Craziest Moments Witnessed At A Wedding / Lady Puts Drinks In Her Bag At A Wedding. What's Wrong With The Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by VocalWalls: 5:51pm On May 19, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Hmmmm
Nice one

And if one has renamed the pic?

It doesn't matter the name. Even if slightly modified.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by MrRhymes101(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2016
Eventnews:
Yes, weddings are joyful occasions, but, sometimes, planning one can be anything but that. Sure, you can probably sweat through it, but it may pay to call in professional reinforcements. Here, we consider the pros and cons of using a wedding planner.

Pros:

They’ll sweat the details.

Chances are you’ve never planned an event of this magnitude. Wedding planners have done this before — a lot — so they can help you wrangle details you might otherwise overlook. Planners can also help you make the most of your budget and allocate it properly.

They have insider knowledge of the local market. Planners can be a godsend if you’re putting together a wedding in a city where you don’t reside. But locals can benefit, too, because they’ve likely worked with most of the venues and vendors in town. “Since many of us are full-time event planners, we are networking and researching vendors and suppliers to build our network and to stay ahead of the trends almost “If we have a client who is looking for a cinematic photographer, finding one does not take weeks of research and sending emails that appear to go into the ether. It’s one phone call.”

They’ll spend their time, not yours. Your wedding planner has the time to chase down obscure details and stay in constant contact with vendors for the day-to-day question .They’ll troubleshoot if something goes awry during the ceremony or reception — and something always does — you don’t have to take care of it. They’ll worry so you don’t have to.

Cons:

You have to relinquish some control. If you’re the type who can’t stand the idea of not doing everything yourself, it might be hard for you to turn over the details for one of the biggest events you’re likely to have. It’s not impossible, of course, “Contrary to what I was told when I first got into the business, Type-A clients work well with planners; in fact, I think they make us better planners.” However, you need, to be honest with yourself about whether it’s something you can do comfortably. If so, an online marketplace for finding event venues be sure that your planner is as detail-oriented as you are and has values and communication styles that align with your own.

It’s an additional cost.

Yes, planners have an inside track, which means they can sometimes they can save you money — but not always. If your budget is already stretched, but you could really use help, consider a day-of coordinator. They often offer multiple tiers of service. Be sure to ask for a customized service if you don’t see what you need on the planner’s initial price list. You can also chose a venue with prepackaged services. It’s not a con necessarily, but if you choose a venue that offers prepackaged services, it’s unlikely you’ll need a planner’s services. Hope you enjoyed this few things and weekly we would bring you more inspirational articles to blow your mind …..xoxo

Source :: Eventnews Africa
http://www.eventnews.com.ng/event/pros-cons-hiring-wedding-planner/

Read and share
Nice post OP. Are u a planner? I'm a comedian/MC. Please view my last topic on Nairaland to watch how I anchor weddings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zNZfOwAvA
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by Eventnews: 6:59pm On May 19, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

The greatest planning is having the Reverend Father/Pastor/Minister bless the marriage vows and perfect the union before God and Man grin

Rice, meat,plastic gifts, canopy and wines can go and .... grin

This one wey marriage matters dey hit front page back to back, click "like" if you think lalasticlala wan CHANGE status shocked

A wedding planner is as important as any other wedding vendors you could think of
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by MrRhymes101(m): 7:05pm On May 19, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I can't use a wedding planner, I am not very good at delegation of duties_ hopeless perfectionist. embarassed
Would u also MC ur wedding? Lol.... Watch me anchor weddings
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by Eventnews: 7:08pm On May 19, 2016
pucelle:
As long as they are reputable and gets the job done....they are the best options for occasions

This gives insight on how to hire a wedding planner in Nigeria
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by MrRhymes101(m): 7:09pm On May 19, 2016
Ralphlauren:

exactly

my friend got married and he used one planner called ipcevents. on instagram @ipcevents

she has to be the worst planner ever. she did things totally her way and refused to listen to instructions. she actually almost ruined the wedding. do you know she even locked guests out of the reception venue and refused to let them in because it 'was not 1pm' yet. bear in mind that the church service was over and the IV read 'reception follows immediately after the church wedding. so guests were basically standing outside in the hot nigerian sun and loittering around the venue? meanwhile, the venue was already arranged and ready but she instructed the bouncers to close the doors and not let anybody including the parents of the couple.

this is a lady that charged 6 figures for her services and also got generous cuts from the hall owners and other vendors she 'recommended'.

at a point she was nowhere to be found. to add more insult to injury, she changed into a glittery gown at the reception and was busy catwalking up and down. i actually thought she was the bride. how can a wedding planner try to upstage a bride on her wedding day i guess she was trying to get eligible bachelors to notice her. her list of offences that day were mind blowing.

that experience put me off anything wedding planner. if my woman can't handle the wedding plans/arrangements herself, i will take charge and get it done myself.
lol maybe she is new in the game. Watch me
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by Eventnews: 7:14pm On May 19, 2016
MrRhymes101:
Nice post OP. Are u a planner? I'm a comedian/MC. Please view my last topic on Nairaland to watch how I anchor weddings

Noted. We are Eventnews Africa
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Hiring A Wedding Planner by Eventnews: 7:27pm On May 19, 2016
MrRhymes101:
lol maybe she is new in the game. Watch me

Things you need to know about Eventnews Africa

Eventnews Africa – Eventnews.com.ng is an online news platform that create event and entertainment experiences by promoting and marketing events and showbiz. We are a fast growing event and entertainment news brand, driving discovery, conversation and choices for passionate fans across Nigeria.
We are geared towards capturing every detail of events ranging from Birthday parties, Musical shows/concerts, burial ceremonies, baby dedications, wedding/wedding anniversaries, house warming, bridal showers, company’s outdoor projects, etc and showing a glimpse of it to the world.

We proudly support Nigerian needs related to various events by providing information on various upcoming events where you can access event details in relation to organizers, venues, date and day. We also publish aftermath of events where viewers can enjoy photo gallery of all the previous events. This is a one stop to look for events in Nigeria. Proudly Nigeria!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tyra Banks Big Big Birthday! / Exotic Bead Designs For Traditional Weddings & All Occassions / Event Decoration And Flowers By Purple Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.