Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines (44078 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? / MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 11:28am On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
Yes, a hardworking man does not stay at home. His statistics counts at his place of work.

Stop beating your chest over statistical figures that constitutes over 50% of foreigners.

Everyone knows that for every 1 Yoruba man in SE, there are 10,000 Igbo men in SW. grin

Respect to all hardworking Igbos all over the world.

Mtchew.
We are talking about purchasing power this one is yapping about population.
And so what,so what happened to ogun state, Oyo that beat the rest of SE states?
You should ask yourself this question, if SE as a whole couldn't beat SW as a whole what make you think that the few populace of Ibos in SW would have any significance after all?

Use you head nah grin

It's simpl as a ABC

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by mjames: 12:11pm On May 19, 2016
Beautiful to hear
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 12:12pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Mtchew.
And so what,so what happened to ogun state, Oyo that beat the rest of SE states?
You should ask yourself this question, if SE as a whole couldn't beat SW as a whole what make you think that the few populace of Ibos in SW would have any significance after all?

Use you head nah grin

It's simpl as a ABC
The guy i quoted was talking about population, same as you. But then i don't expect SE to beat SW when the whole Nigeria (Majorly Igbos) are in Lagos and Ogun State. SW is only bearing the glory of immigrants.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 12:16pm On May 19, 2016
scholes0:

Shioor.. 50% foreigners ko, 100% Aliens ni.
those figures for the SW you see there is nothing less than 85% Yoruba. And Lagos is the ony reason it is even that low. All other tribes have the other 15%
You better go think of how to save ur region from massive brain and labour drain

where is Lalasticlala sef....
e pain am.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by chemystery: 12:21pm On May 19, 2016
lekjons:
and you're proud of this SMH!

what chased them from their states? civil-war, i guess
If e pain you, i go talk am again;

For every 1 Yoruba man in SE, there are 10,000 Igbo men in SW. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Noneroone(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2016
It will be so silly to assume this figure accurately represent online presence of each region or even population. Having multiple simcards does not translate to having multiple users. Eg glo is dead in the East but many use it alonside their main mtn sim in the west. Some even have three sims. Nairaland census always see Anambra always having most pple.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Kyase(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)
Me alone get 8sims. So censors different.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by totit: 12:47pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
The guy i quoted was talking about population, same as you. But then i don't expect SE to beat SW when the whole Nigeria (Majorly Igbos) are in Lagos and Ogun State. SW is only bearing the glory of immigrants.

Hahahahahaha

You should include OYO too shouldn't you?
Guy you funny die no be small.

So, out of 5 states in the SE none couldn't beat or overpowered these 3 SW states? Ain't there millions of ibos in the north,SS et al as well?
Funny dude!
Atleast SE/ibos should prove us wrong by replicating what they claim or try to take glory for in the various states.
Charity, they say, begins at home..

I guess you didn't get my point.

Ok,let me leave you with this quote : You can't give what you don't have" without your states. cheesy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Dragonking: 1:04pm On May 19, 2016
[size=18pt]South south always representing as usual in the southern region. Remember say we no dey carry last... wink .. If not for Lagos, na we for dey first.

God bless South South Nigeria!

God bless Nigeria![/size] cool

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by ifyloveme(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2016
helo pals am new hia, hope am welcome

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by NovusHomo(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
South West! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abi o. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by discusant: 1:07pm On May 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
South West! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Exclude Lagos no-man's land from the SW, the figure for SW is nearly at par with the northeast.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Jesu!! The Gap between the South West and the other regions is so huge, it is not even funny.
And these people said Lagos was 9 Million in 2006, but active phones alone don almost double official population figure for Lagos cheesy cheesy loool.
Same goes for Ogun and Oyo.....
Nigerian government kind of lies are not common sense lies, even a toddler will know when they see it. grin

Lagos is nothing less than 25 Million, Ogun and Oyo are no less than 10 Million and the South west as a whole is no less than 57 Million people if almost 44 Million of the people there can afford to keep their phone lines active, not to mention all those remote villages in Northern Oyo, Ilaje and Ijebu creeks and near the Benin borner that have no cell coverage. (Multiple lines notwithstanding, I would have said 65 Million)

Define ur south west, cos greater percentage of ppl living dia are nt from there. So define ur celeberation as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:09pm On May 19, 2016
Let me sit down for one corner to observe comment
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Junior66(m): 1:11pm On May 19, 2016
sparrowkid:
From this info, one could also deduce albeit vaguely the purchasing power of the people. This is because na the person wey chop well na im go remember say im want call or even browse the internet. grin

Lailai, person wey no chop well no go even remember say im get phone talkless of making calls or browsing. grin

na lie! Na jobless and at times idle people de use internet mostly and people where dia eyes open. Fulani herdsmen are milloniares but dey dntf browse anytin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by mfm04622: 1:11pm On May 19, 2016
What i don't understand is the fact that data providers prefer to deploy in Lagos, then FCT and Rivers when customers using data are more in Kaduna than Rivers and FCT. Why are they leaving us to the mercies of MTN, GLO and others?
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by stanisbaratheon: 1:12pm On May 19, 2016
this can be a masters' degree project

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by mmsen: 1:13pm On May 19, 2016
I have three active sim cards/voice lines.

I am not three people.

I hope people are not using this as a gauge of census figures.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:14pm On May 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by discusant: 1:14pm On May 19, 2016
totit:

Mtchew.

Use you head nah grin

It's simpl as a ABC

Lol, what purchasing power does the man/woman in Okitipupa, Owo, Ikare, Iseyin, Shaki, Modakeke and the mostly underdeveloped internal of southwest region posses more than others?
Lagos and Ogun the two neighbors in the SW with many strangers merely boosted the SW figure.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Kennydoc(m): 1:14pm On May 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

I think now, most people will be able to deduce where the largest blocs of Middle class and Rich people are, by state and by regions.

The number of active phone lines don't in any way give info about the social status of people. That would have been possible when lines were sold for as high as 20 or 30k. Now, lines are free.
I have 5 registered sim cards. I use about 3 of them fairly frequently for calls and browsing, yet I know about some rich men that have only one line, or at most 2.
Indices of development have been shown by the 2015 MDG report. That's what matters.
https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment
Also remember that South East has only 5 states as compared to 7 in the North West and 6 in the other zones. That will certainly affect the total figure for the zone.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Owliver(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2016
scholes0:

Shioor.. 50% foreigners ko, 100% Aliens ni.
those figures for the SW you see there is nothing less than 85% Yoruba. And Lagos is the ony reason it is even that low. All other tribes have the other 15%
You better go think of how to save ur region from massive brain and labour drain

where is Lalasticlala sef....
I grew up in Lagos, I live in Lagos. Lagos can't be 85% Yoruba. if you actually live there then stop lying. there's no accurate figure but if you want to estimate non-yourbas should make up at least 30%

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

I think now, most people will be able to deduce where the largest blocs of Middle class and Rich people are, by state and by regions.

Just waiting for the stats to come out so I can apply some Akure styles on red-mud oafs.

Yunoamsayin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:16pm On May 19, 2016
chemystery:
Yes, a hardworking man does not stay at home. His statistics counts at his place of work.

Stop beating your chest over statistical figures that constitutes over 50% of foreigners.

Everyone knows that for every 1 Yoruba man in SE, there are 10,000 Igbo men in SW. grin

Respect to all hardworking Igbos all over the world.
Yeah I agree with u, but I know you will not agree with me that SW is the London of Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 19, 2016
Owliver:
I grew up in Lagos, I live in Lagos. Lagos can't be 85% Yoruba. if you actually live there then stop lying. there's no accurate figure but if you want to estimate non-yourbas should make up at least 30%

All of una combined still no reach the population of Yorubas.

Facts!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2016
Laye!!! this list is not genuine.
abuja at the bottom wen almost everyone has a phone
u no how many hours i dey spend online ni? abeq i disagree wth tht list jhoor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Segadem(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
Laye!!! this list is not genuine.
abuja at the bottom wen almost everyone has a phone
u no how many hours i dey spend online ni? abeq i disagree wth tht list jhoor
hmmmm, spirit of Orubebelism grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:28pm On May 19, 2016
Segadem:
hmmmm, spirit of Orubebelism grin cheesy grin
nothing like dat. m jus bein frank sad
Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by obaino860: 1:29pm On May 19, 2016
Segadem:
Yeah I agree with u, but I know you will not agree with me that SW is the London of Nigeria

wake up dude,,show me d picture of ur village,and I will show you mine....let's start from there....SW claiming London.....leave Lagos....show me ur village pics...this is mine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by obaino860: 1:30pm On May 19, 2016
Segadem:

wake up dude,,show me d picture of ur village,and I will show you mine....let's start from there....SW claiming London.....leave Lagos....show me ur village pics...this is mine..Mbiase in IMO state

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by Owliver(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2016
Whathaveidone:

All of una combined still no reach the population of Yorubas.

Facts!
am not here to drag "your lagos" with you man. you say fact? whats you basis for calling your claim a "fact"? like i said, no official data to prove it but from what i have seen around lagos i can speculate 30% for non yorubas.

this is only a claim and not a fact. i hope you get me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines by bcardastro: 1:31pm On May 19, 2016
so what are we suppose to do with thus pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FERO Mobile Care / 4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.