Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year (65973 Views)

List The Popular Movies You Feel Ashamed To Tell People You Have Never Watched / 15 Movies The World Can’t Wait To See In 2018 / 15 Nollywood Movies You Must See this year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by dayosweetness(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2016
zootopia is the best movie in 2016, tho its animation

2 Likes

Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by olarhtunji(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2016
I just watched zootopia and I have to admit its a very nice animation....though I still don't prefer it to the croods......but its fucckin awesome
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 4:06pm On May 22, 2016
hotmolo:
lol baba its hollywood oh. the only connection with naija is the original writer of the book which was his thesis in the university . i belive u know its Okonjo's son
Damn! pardon my provoking ignorance. Actually i just dived into conclusion when i saw okonjo's son at the premier and the fact it was largely ghanian cast, i just wouldn't dig further.
My error! Maybe cause i don't do much nollywood angry
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 4:16pm On May 22, 2016
hotmolo:
nonono sir i beg to disagree. olympus has fallen is just to epic... i feel london has fallen was a flop though cos it didnt just seem believable. i just didnt feel it.
Bro i didn't quite enjoy OHF maybe it felt like white house down with lesser hardcore-action scenes. Then they came with LHF again?
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 4:18pm On May 22, 2016
JuanDeDios:
Lucky you. It did.
smiley
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 4:21pm On May 22, 2016
Springz:

London has fallen was quite nice.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 4:22pm On May 22, 2016
Springz:
London has fallen was quite nice.
Yea. Just not magnetic! Yo know what i mean?
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by JuanDeDios: 4:30pm On May 22, 2016
waxxydude:
smiley
It wasn't as bad as WHD, though. WHD has to be the worst movie made in 2015.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 4:36pm On May 22, 2016
JuanDeDios:

It wasn't as bad as WHD, though. WHD has to be the worst movie made in 2015.
WhiteHouseDown?
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by JuanDeDios: 4:44pm On May 22, 2016
waxxydude:
WhiteHouseDown?
Yes. I felt I wasted my time.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 5:02pm On May 22, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Yes. I felt I wasted my time.
I thought it was '013?
Nah. it was cool, after seeing it, i felt i spent I my cash well.

With POTUS (jamie foxx) humour kindof, the action scenes and political storyline was awesome. To think that a man just wanted to bring the US govt to her kneels just cause of his boy and nothing else was great, f**king great.

Truth be told i saw it over again.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 5:06pm On May 22, 2016
KenModi:

You shold give it a shot. Just watched but I didnt hasve to pay for it, thank God for my pirate brothers online.... cool grin
Guy repent from yo criminal ways! undecided grin

Seriously stop encouraging piracy
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by JuanDeDios: 7:47pm On May 22, 2016
waxxydude:
I thought it was '013?
Nah. it was cool, after seeing it, i felt i spent I my cash well.

With POTUS (jamie foxx) humour kindof, the action scenes and political storyline was awesome. To think that a man just wanted to bring the US govt to her kneels just cause of his boy and nothing else was great, f**king great.

Truth be told i saw it over again.
Oh, I watched it on DVD. I guess I didn't look at the year well. Interesting you liked it. Jamie Fox didn't look very presidential to me. Movements were contrived and the entire movie looked like something done up a hurry. After watching presidential scenes in 24, this one looks like child's play.
The political story for me was ok, not great, but ok, even if implausible; in fact, it's silly. And it wasn't even because of his boy that grandpa wanted to burn down the WH; it was because he hated the president for not being presidential enough - like the Republicans say about Obama. It's one of the few movies I've seen where EVERYONE is silly. I'd pick Olympus Has Fallen over WHD even if OHF wasn't all that, either.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 8:48pm On May 22, 2016
JuanDeDios:

First of all contrasting 24(Tv series) with WHD(movie) isn't apt nor balanced as the former to my knowledge has a bigger budget.

How the heck do you feel it was done in a hurry?

I read critic articles and we were on the same page as JamieFoxx was the right man for the job, maybe for the reason he was black. And for a person occupying the world's biggest office the unusual comic acts kept the movie going! AaronEkhart performed little average.

I think you missed the part where the wife of the traitor (the oldman) was captured inorder to force him ta surrender, then she was placed on the phone line, and she asked him his motives. He said cause of how they treated their kid (a soldier who died in action & wasnt given a memorable befitting honour) & his wife inquired "are u sure ure doing this for our boy?" then he affirmed. She confidently spoke "then make em pay!" after
which she was pulled away.

There other political lines but this i silhouetted.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 8:59pm On May 22, 2016
@JuanDeDios.
Another of such storyline could be found in TheRock. I really dig that movie when it premiered ('08 or so can't really remember) though now it kinda stale but i saw it last year and it sure never gets old.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by JuanDeDios: 9:05pm On May 22, 2016
waxxydude:
First of all contrasting 24(Tv series) with WHD(movie) isn't apt nor balanced as the former to my knowledge has a bigger budget.

How the heck do you feel it was done in a hurry?

I read critic articles and we were on the same page as JamieFoxx was the right man for the job, maybe for the reason he was black. And for a person occupying the world's biggest office the unusual comic acts kept the movie going! AaronEkhart performed little average.

I think you missed the part where the wife of the traitor (the oldman) was captured inorder to force him ta surrender, then she was placed on the phone line, and she asked him his motives. He said cause of how they treated their kid (a soldier who died in action & wasnt given a memorable befitting honour) & his wife inquired "are u sure ure doing this for our boy?" then he affirmed. She confidently spoke "then make em pay!" after
which she was pulled away.

There other political lines but this i silhouetted.
I don't know much about the budgets and you may be right. But I don't think that's a good excuse for not getting their scenes well made. I think it was made in a hurry because I didn't find the scenes convincing. It's long I saw it but I recall empty scenes with people sitting down and doing nothing while some guy was trying sort it out alone inside. Even after the guy specifically asked them for help. "Help isn't coming!"

Yes, grandpa told his wife that but it was a red herring. Towards the end of the movie he told the president that he actually admired him for giving that command because for once in his presidency he acted presidential = "You think I blame you for my son's death?" What he hated about the president was that he did not go after all of THEM enemies of America.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by JuanDeDios: 9:08pm On May 22, 2016
waxxydude:
@JuanDeDios.
Another of such storyline could be found in TheRock. I really dig that movie when it premiered ('08 or so can't really remember) though now it kinda stale but i saw it last year and it sure never gets old.
I will find it when I can find the time to watch DVDs again.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 9:11pm On May 22, 2016
JuanDeDios:

I will find it when I can find the time to watch DVDs again.
No qualms, i do fridays.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 10:17am On May 23, 2016
JuanDeDios:

There yo go again. The scenes where empty? bruh i think yo probably saw it in a very grumpy mood cause i don't understand these.

I don't still get what yo want, the movie was circled around "a guy who applied for a job in states security but was turned down cause he wasn't qualified, he then turn out to be the only man & last hope for the WH!". So if help had come the storyline is uttered but eventually help came inform of some attack choppers but as one of the terrorist quizzed a pilot "whatchu gonna do? are u gonna shoot the fvcking hostages??!" cheesy. Any external help would leave casualties so it wasnt needed!

The oldman actually said that but what do yo think was his driving force? his fvcking son!. POTUS withdrew his battle troops which angered him the more after his son's death! and yea he did itfor his son but acted cause he felt POTUS was cowardly! why'd yo backdown when my kid already died for this course!
angry

Morning bruh.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by Nobody: 11:25am On May 23, 2016
Teespice:
watched barbershop, joy and jungle book.

Was Barbershop and Joy worth the watch?

I am a fan of comedy and when I saw the OP's post, I decided I was going to watch Sisters and Barber's shop. Barber's shop, because of the interesting cast, and Sisters, because anything with Tina and Amy in it is always funny. Whether it's a movie or it's them hosting an award show.

Joy has an A list, oscar winning cast. Was it good?
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by Nobody: 11:43am On May 23, 2016
tylerbraid:
One movie is estimated at 2 hours, so 15 movies should be like 30 HOURS? Such hours wasted on non-productivity? Those that should spend more time watching movies in large scale are actors, movie critics, movie attendants or if you're paid to market movies. Asides that, people that spend much time 'watching' what other people are 'earning' should accept been broke as a lifestyle! Please op, remove that word 'ought to'. 30 hours invested in work can produce more income no matter the kind of work!

Lol. Dude, you have to chill mehn, Jeez.

First of all, no knowledge acquired is a waste. And movies offer a myriad of knowledge. I don't know about you, but I learn a thing or two whenever I watch a good movie. I develop ideas. Life hacks. I get inspired one way or the other. I get exposed to new cultures and lifestyles. And I also get to eat at the table of imagination of the writers. It's like reading a good book, but in motion picture.

Hard work doesn't directly equal success, bro. You don't need to work every minute of your life in order to become successful. And even if you are a workaholic, you still need rest. And lounging in your siting room, watching a good movie after hours, or a day, or week, or month of hard work, isn't a bad way to rest and let go of stress.

1 Like

Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by Teespice(f): 11:48am On May 23, 2016
Decker:

Was Barbershop and Joy worth the watch?

I am a fan of comedy and when I saw the OP's post, I decided I was going to watch Sisters and Barber's shop. Barber's shop cause of the interesting cast, and Sister's because anything with Tina and Amy in it is always funny. Whether it's a movie or it's them hosting an award show.

Joy has an A list cast, oscar winning cast. Was it good?

both movies are so on point.

they are worth watching over and over again.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by Nobody: 11:52am On May 23, 2016
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by Nobody: 11:53am On May 23, 2016
Teespice:

both movies are so on point.

they are worth watching over and over again.

Oh, thanks. I'll check them out.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by JuanDeDios: 2:54pm On May 23, 2016
waxxydude:
There yo go again. The scenes where empty? bruh i think yo probably saw it in a very grumpy mood cause i don't understand these.

I don't still get what yo want, the movie was circled around "a guy who applied for a job in states security but was turned down cause he wasn't qualified, he then turn out to be the only man & last hope for the WH!". So if help had come the storyline is uttered but eventually help came inform of some attack choppers but as one of the terrorist quizzed a pilot "whatchu gonna do? are u gonna shoot the fvcking hostages??!" cheesy. Any external help would leave casualties so it wasnt needed!

The oldman actually said that but what do yo think was his driving force? his fvcking son!. POTUS withdrew his battle troops which angered him the more after his son's death! and yea he did itfor his son but acted cause he felt POTUS was cowardly! why'd yo backdown when my kid already died for this course!
angry

Morning bruh.
Lol at "grumpy mood".

Yes, there was a hostage situation so the cops couldn't have come blasting through the door. But there was a lot they could have done which they didn't. At a point the man the WH wanted help but the lady told him none was coming - and she said it just like that and was taking it just like that. The POTUS was in danger and everyone went eating bole and epa - just like that. Those were the most empty scenes I ever saw in a movie. (Compare similiar scenarios in OHF!) You see, a story has to have a measure of believability (that was the main problem with LHF - it wasn't believable).

I would have been able to explain better if I still recalled things very well. Anyway, I just didn't feel WHD, but that doesn't mean you're wrong.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by KenModi(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2016
waxxydude:

Guy which one be ur own; make person die for poverty because e wan buy buy original or blue-ray? cheesy

Abi d harsh economy neva reach ur side? grin
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by KenModi(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2016
waxxydude:

Guy which one be ur own; make person die for poverty because e wan buy original or blue-ray? cheesy

Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 7:20pm On May 23, 2016
JuanDeDios:

The POTUS was in danger and everyone went eating bole and epa
cheesy grin No i don't think so BTW stop comparing them- WHD & OHF!

WHD has a nicer story, more convincing scene & action and it was one of the best action movie 013!; so if you're to copy & paste this (story angle) then gimme a MUCHMORE convincing scene and some "hardercore" killer action! grin

Perhaps the reason i hated it & reason i was defiant to see LHF!. The scene where the terrorist RickYune(kang) was tryna get the cerberus code from POTUS & SOD-i didn't find it convincing, infact it was wack as kang wasnt convincing enough!

Did yo see the part in WHD where those coppers where given a clear nod 2 ground the WH to dust cus they felt POTUS's been compromised? and that little girl courageously waved the US flag and the attackers deliberately disobeyed the orders cause wouldn't harm a friendly?
How convincing is that??

See it again but this time in a happymood & btw was it a pirated copy yo saw?
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by tylerbraid(m): 7:25pm On May 23, 2016
Thanks sir.
Decker:

First of all, no knowledge acquired is a waste. And movies offer a myriad of knowledge. I don't know about you, but I learn a thing or two whenever I watch a good movie. I develop ideas. Life hacks. I get inspired one way or the other. I get exposed to new cultures and lifestyles. And I also get to eat at the table of imagination of the writers. It's like reading a good book, but in motion picture.

Hard work doesn't directly equal success, bro. You don't need to work every minute of your life in order to become successful. And even if you are a workaholic, you still need rest. And lounging in your siting room, watching a good movie after hours, or a day, or week, or month of hard work, isn't a bad way to rest and let go of stress.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 7:30pm On May 23, 2016
Decker:

First of all, no knowledge acquired is a waste. And movies offer a myriad of knowledge. I don't know about you, but I learn a thing or two whenever I watch a good movie. I develop ideas. Life hacks. I get inspired 1 way or the other. I get exposed to new cultures and lifestyles. And I also get to eat at the table of imagination of the writers. Its like reading a good book, but in motion picture.

Hard work doesn't directly equal success, bro. You dont need to work every minute of your life in order to become successful. And even if you are a workaholic, you still need rest. And lounging in your siting room, watching a good movie after hours, or a day, or week, or month of hard work, isn't a bad way to rest & let go of stress.
A billion likes for this bruh, honestly this was exactly what i intended quoting him but i felt lazy - sort of.

Are yo a script writter? i intend delving into the moving pictures someday.
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by waxxydude: 7:38pm On May 23, 2016
KenModi:

Guy which one be ur own; make person die for poverty because e wan buy original or blue-ray? cheesy

E don reach but i get small conscience. wink smiley wink

Change! cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 23, 2016
waxxydude:
A billion likes for this bruh, honestly this was exactly what i intended quoting him but i felt lazy - sort of.

Are yo a script writter? i intend delving into the moving pictures someday.

Thanks.

No, I am not a script writer. But it's cool that you want to delve into script writing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Recommend Websites To Download Hindi Subtitles / Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / “I Am Sorry” – Bolanle Ninalowo Makes Confession About His Role In Extraction 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.