Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:48 PM

What Do We Call This Type Of People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do We Call This Type Of People? (600 Views)

Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do We Call This Type Of People? by Denko2721987(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2016
Have been seeking an answer to this question i have being pondering on for some while now.. I know a Believer in God or gods is known as a Theist, Non-believers as Atheists and the Ones in between as Agnotists... But i'l like to know the general name given to people who believe in the existence of a supreme being (God) or diety but does not or totally believe in or agree with any specific religion or religious idealogies/principles found in religious doctrines like the Bible or Quaran for example as the right medium or guide for serving or communicating with such God or gods..

I'l be happy if this forum could be of help, thanks..
Re: What Do We Call This Type Of People? by 0ubenji(m): 2:00pm On May 19, 2016
Deism(deist)
Re: What Do We Call This Type Of People? by ValentineMary(m): 3:17pm On May 19, 2016
It's still a theist since u believe in God. U don't have to conform to a religion to be a theist.
Re: What Do We Call This Type Of People? by Denko2721987(m): 5:41pm On May 19, 2016
0ubenji:
Deism(deist)

Thank you very much.. That's exactly what i have been looking for..thanks once again

(1) (Reply)

IOM Nigeria / PHOTOS: This Lady 'defecated' Fibroid During Strong Prayer / Is Religion Worth Dying For ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.