Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

A Career In The Academics:how Advisable In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Career In The Academics:how Advisable In Nigeria? (871 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / How Advisable Is Hopping From One Job To Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Career In The Academics:how Advisable In Nigeria? by 12911: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
Recently Got an offer for a job as a graduate assistant in one of the universities in nigeria and another in a research institute. The university pays more but i like both. with all this ASUU strike,which is advisable?
Re: A Career In The Academics:how Advisable In Nigeria? by Onyeara: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2009
Bros go for university,is better and you will have more time for yourself and opportunity for growth.
Please am presently completing a PhD in the UK. Could you tell meĀ  the University you got the offer and the research institute as am interested in these two line of work. Also will like to know the average take home pay for someone with masters and PhD
Re: A Career In The Academics:how Advisable In Nigeria? by sonyvaio(f): 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2009
What's the take home pay for a graduate assistant in Nigerian universities?
Re: A Career In The Academics:how Advisable In Nigeria? by skisdon: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2009
The take home pay is splendid but bear in mind that coming to nigeria is the end of you improving in your field,if you are really good stay there in uk and practice because all this our old illetrate professors that dont now any thing will be your closest enemies,and bet me if you cannot beat them you must join them,have you asked why the academic standard is reducing everyday?why people graduate and still know nothing about doing something to better their life? other than travelling from place to place looking for jobs even outside their field of study,it is clear that a snake cannot give birth to a lion,those professors cannot give what there dont have,have there invented any idea talk more on teaching you on how to invent ideas,the good ones among them are no more in our sector.you can make good money if you join them.like getting N2000 for materials you photocopyed for N200,collecting N1000 for a C N3000 for a B and N5000 for A,then if you are taking 2 to 3 courses of over 150 student per course then you would see the reason why you should stop reading and start making money,am a student of mathematics, our good lecturers have been employed out side the country the ones that are here are just after money, there teach us how to ride bicycle in the lecture room then give us trailers to driver during the exam,if you have money then a driver can take you there. those of us that dont have resort to malpractice,if you are cut you are gone how dare you keep your money and want to pass that is the implication,the choice is all yours if it is money i can garanty you will make it,if you want to be holy poverty is your next name because nobody will pay you well.

(1) (Reply)

Any Info About University Of London Distant Learning? / Can You Help Me Rate These Schools / Finishing With A Degree In Sociology: What Are My Options?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.