Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija (5094 Views)

Self-taught Programmers Vs Trained-taught Programmers / Whats The Prospect In Studing MQL / All Programmers Are Self Taught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by guru02(m): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
Thanks men.
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by Jencejyde(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
Excellent Marketing skills at the end of the day make you profitable. Whether self taught or not.
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by tpia1: 9:25am On Dec 04, 2012
figures.
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by Desoda: 2:59am On Dec 05, 2012
You guys are of a good courage. I'm a mech engr student but learnt c++ and java outside my course. I later decided to sell my java book to a comp science student in school. To my greatest surprise the computer student hired me a mechanical engineering student to teach him privately after school hours for N200 per day and through out the semester i never lacked meat in my stew.
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by Bams95: 7:44am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by kishimi8(m): 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
there are lots of us .,.,. we just lack a really established market.,.,. and guys a degree helps ooo
just try to get one if not for the cert for the coll guys with same interests as you, you would definitely meet y
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by vitriol: 4:43am On Dec 13, 2012
You don't need a degree. But, it certainly helps your profile, having one.

Most programmers are self-taught. However, a few gather mediocre skills from University degrees that have "computer" in them. Slowly, the job-market is beginning to realise that a degree is no guarantee of skills in a particular field. Do some freelance programming, or consultancy. See where that gets you.
Re: What's The Prospect For Self Taught Programmers In Naija by javadoctor(m): 12:40am On Mar 06, 2013
U need computer science education,
Data structures,operation research,logic en philosophy,digital electronics,law of engineers en computer scientist,and probably sme management certifications like nim or project management. These r sme of d courses I went through,especially the last one “law of scientist“ in my finals,had to do with creating software rights and licensing as a vendor. So the education u get in school is irreplaceable,it wil streamline for the future business you create and relationship wit people,besides that,I'm a self taught java developer. I program java to advanced.enterprise edition en javaee6,it took quite a while,bout 6 years,I run my business as a software vendor,I hv a company,partners,I hv a banking solution FishNet, for remote and local application clients.e.t.c so please I would implore u to get sme education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vhdl Vs. Embedded Systems Design. / Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website / The New Haitian Ipod: D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.