Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,165 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Between Homosexuality, Celibacy And Polygamy...... By Autofreak - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Between Homosexuality, Celibacy And Polygamy...... By Autofreak (758 Views)

Polygamy (Polygyny): "Should I live with his second wife" and lots more / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? / Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Homosexuality, Celibacy And Polygamy...... By Autofreak by autofreak2020(m): 11:04am On May 20, 2016
I woke up this morning, a breaking news blasted my ears that my neighbour’s closest friend has given birth to a bouncing baby girl and to my utmost surprise, I noticed a mood change accompanied by strange chorus “oh not again, another girl” I think I am very lucky to live in a compound whose occupants are blessed with powerful X-chromosome, there are many beautiful and intelligent girls in my neighbourhood, it is difficult for Y which has one leg judging from its image to displace an X with double leg. In real sense, there is no way a powerful X will be defeated by one-legged Y, it takes X chromosome only one blow to defeat weak Y. As a man, we are responsible for sex of our offspring, I have no medical background but I am beginning to think that female XX chromosomes is stronger in this generation than previous generations- common sense. In all families in my neighbourhood, children are predominantly girls, then this spurred my desire to embark on an independent research and give Mr. Statistics a chance to have a say on this issue. I searched for male/female population ratio in major countries all round the world to have a wider perspective on this. Here are my findings……
According to United States of America recent population census, if a female is to be matched by one male i.e. should a male get married to only one female, there will be more than 4 million female that may never have a man to call theirs in USA, about 4 million will leave without husband in Brazil, 2 million in Mexico, about 3 million in Ukraine and more than 10 million in Russia. Similarly, more than 3 million girls of Nigeria origin and living in Nigeria may never have the chance to earn Mrs. as title in their lifetime if monogamy can be strictly enforced. Though gender ratio seems balanced in some other countries yet female population often surpass that of male in not-so-obvious way except in some countries like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, China, Bangladesh and Cote D’ivoire.
Now, imagine if a female population that is more than population of Kwara state remain unmarried due to shortage of male, you will agree with me that such issue is a national demographic problem which must not be overlooked by any reasonable government. In other not to sound like a stereotype, I want to echo a common saying that what a man can do, a woman can do it and even better. But you are in accord with me that having a sizeable number of male in a country workforce will add to her GDP in one way or the other, though women have a unique role in our society which must cannot be their counterpart (men).
Is there any solution to this lopsided gender population ratio? Well, from my research so far, I have not come across any generally accepted scientific solution to this population imbalance, but I know of three solutions. First is celibacy which is a common practice amongst in catholic churches all over the world, this is losing its potency as there has been records of hypocritical practices amongst celibates (reverend fathers and sisters) and inability to get married is never an acceptable excuse to practice celibacy in catholic faith. Another solution is homosexual (lesbianism) as unanimously supported by American government and other western governments, this practice is against tenet of many religion and core values of African cultures and traditions. Last solution is polygamy which is rooted in Islam and African traditional religion (ATR). As a matter of fact, I know of no ATR that opposes polygamy on African soil, it is unfortunately that a religion that has accurately predicted this upsurge did not provide any solution. Instead, it custodians are propagating one husband and one woman ideology which is not in tune with human logic reasoning considering current situation as foretold by the religion.
Now let leave religion out of the equation, the westerners brought monogamy to our land and we accepted it with no doubt. They are coming with (lesbianism) that seems to be a solution to this menace in their own understanding of what should be a solution. Fortunately, if Africans do not remember anything about their culture, tradition and heritage, they know that homosexual is against what they stand for and their respective governments has publicly frowned against it. Before the advent of imported religions, we had common sense and it dictates that in time like this, polygamy is inevitable. Let not be hastened to condemn men that practice polygamy, let suppress our emotions a little longer and put on our thinking caps before we confer some kind of eternal divine punishment upon women that has decided to become 2nd 3rd or 4th wife. Also, critique your own opinion before you hurl blames at 1st wives, they are only interested in peace and happy in their homes, always look beyond walls. Everybody want their daughters, sisters and aunts to get married to someone and have a man to call their own, so live and let live. Polygamy is a choice, it should never be seen as a supremacy contest between imported religions, it’s been with us before bible and Quran got to our shores. Be wise, think!

Re: Between Homosexuality, Celibacy And Polygamy...... By Autofreak by AllstarZ(m): 2:57pm On May 20, 2016
It's not X or Y chromosome that determines boy or girl. It's Allah.

(1) (Reply)

Whatever Allah Does It Is For Our Best / I Want An Hijab Female Pious Muslim Sister For Nikkah / If Dajjal Were To Appear Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.